Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Who had the biggest win Amir Khan or Kell Brook?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who had the biggest win Amir Khan or Kell Brook?

No other young professional boxer in Britain has ever been under the same relentless scrutiny as Amir Khan.

After 17 years as a professional boxer, world titles, drama, heartache, thrills, risks, sold-out arenas and 40 fights, Khan has officially retired from the sport.

He is still only 35 – still smiling, still healthy and wealthy.

In 2004, at the Olympic Games in Athens, Khan was just 17, but looked about 12, when he was Britain’s only boxing representative. He was a wide-eyed kid with a dream that nobody in the rugged business believed. At that time, Britain had only had one Olympic finalist in 36 years.

Khan won four fights against the odds to reach the final. The reigning champion was Mario Kindelan, the regal and brilliant Cuban, and he was in the other corner in the 2004 lightweight final. Khan lost, but he chased Kindelan all over the ring. A star, a hero, a pioneer was born on that Sunday afternoon.

A few months later, in Bolton, and live on ITV, Khan beat Kindelan in a rematch – he turned professional that night. Khan was still only 18 at the time and the spotlight was on him – that beam has never diminished. Not once in 17 years as a pro has Khan been allowed to lead a normal life on either side of the ring’s ropes. Khan has dealt with the critics, the racists, the fools and all the glory and wealth with equal patience and style. The truth is that boxing took away his childhood, and his life in the ring became the Khan Show.

He won a world title at just 22 and attracted the attention of a global audience. He fought with his heart, often forgetting his boxing brain, and was in great and memorable fights. He could be hurt, dropped, wobbled, but he had so much desire in the ring that he would still fight back. He won wars, he entertained. His speed in the early years was blistering, and again and again he would silence his doubters and critics with great wins. His fights were events.

I have never known a fighter to have to overcome so much criticism and, it has to be said, much of the hate and bias had a racist edge.

Khan just ignored it, founded a gym, funded people in need all over the planet and was forever in demand. From Bolton to Dubai, from Lahore to Brick Lane and from Hollywood to the Garden, everybody had a Khan tale to tell. The kid was a star, make no mistake.

He had wars with great fighters, boxed like a dream in other fights, was treated badly by judges in some fights, lost when he was winning and won when he was losing. In defeat and victory, as the old poem goes, he treated his opponents and his fans equally. He might be cut, bruised and hurt, but he would still meet the press, take all the awkward questions and smile after losses. In victory, he would praise the man he had beaten. He was, in the truest sense of the word, an old-fashioned boxing gentleman. Our ’enry, Sir Henry Cooper, would have been proud of him.

And still the scrutiny remained. He was hounded at times for his private life. The envy was often disgraceful from social media platforms – places that make legitimate the evils of jealousy and hypocrisy. Khan was a legend against the wall of hate and he was totally fearless in the ring.

He was not officially the main event when he made his debut, in his hometown of Bolton, in the summer of 2005, but the truth is that he was the main attraction in each and every single one of his 40 fights. He won 34 times and lost six fights in venues all over the world. He fought at the O2, the Garden in New York, the MGM, the Mandalay Bay, the T-Mobile, the MEN, the Barclays Centre, and dozens of other venues.

He had massive world title fights under the neon lights that remain vivid: the masterclass against Andriy Kotelnik in 2009, his war with Marcos Maidana in 2010, his bold and brutal meeting with Saul Canelo Alvarez in 2016 in Las Vegas. He dared, he took risks and he left every single ounce of pride and desire in the ring.

In February of this year, he fought for the last time when he met his old rival Kell Brook at the Manchester Arena; Khan won his first world title fight there in 2009.

The Brook fight sold out in six minutes and on the night just under 20,000 watched the end of Khan. Brook won in six rounds, Khan took defeat like a hero. Cut, bruised and broken, he praised Brook. That was it, he knew that night, but it took a few weeks to make the decision. It is, by the way, the right decision.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...105ee900b4e75b
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who had the biggest win Amir Khan or Kell Brook?

AMIR KHAN revealed he was left questioning where £30MILLION of his money went after it left him unable to retire in 2016.

The British boxing legend was ready to hang up the gloves at 29 after being brutally knocked out by Canelo Alvarez.

Khan was paid around £9m for that fight alone which should have made up 1/3 of his career earnings.

But the ex-unified champion was shocked to find out money from his hard-earned paydays were nowhere to be found.

Khan, 35, told the BBC: "At that time, I probably made about £30million in boxing but guess what? I don't know where it all went.

"And it wasn't because I was a big spender. It's about having a team around you, obviously it's a team, obviously everyone is happy, apart from me.

"When I came back and looked at my account, and I thought, 'If I'm going to call it a day after the hand operation I had, if I'm going to call it a day, I can't call it a day with what I had in my bank.

"I mean, where's all my money gone? But it's too late for me to argue with the people who were in control of all my finances like my accountants, places like that."

Khan revealed he re-grouped with a new team and later returned to the ring in 2018.

He had two fights with Eddie Hearn before challenging Terence Crawford, 34, in 2019 for the American's welterweight title.

That banked Khan £4m despite defeat before he was paid £7m for a fight in Saudi Arabia against Billy Dib, 36.

The one-sided win in Jeddah was Khan's last before he finally agreed terms with long-time rival Kell Brook, 36.

But in February it ended in heartbreak and signalled the end for both of the boxing stars.

Khan is believed to have made £5m before bitterly losing to Brook in six rounds.

And he revealed the money earned after defeat to Canelo, 31, is all that is left for him to spend now.

Khan said: "If you think about it, and this is the honest truth, my career is what I made in the last five years.

"That's all it is. I don't know where the rest has gone."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18599...illlion-retire

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think either of them had a glory day like Randy Turpin did against Sugar Ray, Benn against McClennan or Honeyghan did against Curry.

Khan's best win was probably Maidana, while Brook (even though he will probably savour the khan victory more) was really good against Porter. neither fight really crossed into the mainstream.

I's say their resumes are similar in terms of best win. They both also were nearly symmetrical in their losses against GGG and Canelo.

I enjoyed watching both guys fights, though i always thought Kell was the better fighter.

In fact, when Brook beat Porter, my auntie was miraculously cured of arthritis, I won £200 on a sweepstake and all my crops grew. And I'm not even a farmer.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook's win over Porter was better than any individual fighter Khan beat including Maidana.

Khan accomplished more overall in his career and is the reason why he nearly got the super fights with Manny and Floyd.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree not much to choose between their best wins though Khan undoubtedly had the better career.

Brook though scored a one sided KO win over Khan which gives him bragging rights looking back...
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I chronicled on here before about Khan’s career in his prime and how I believe it was padded.
    But Despite being a very capable fighter at the top level, I reckon Brook was also shielded by Hearn.
    Without wanting to be a party pooper , it proves that they were overhyped.
    In Brook’s case , it’s a shame, because he could’ve proved himself to be one of the great WW’s if Eddie had the bollocks to let him.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brooks win vs Porter got better with how Porter has done in the years since that fight.
    The Maidana win was a good one for Khan although again people probably give Maidana too much credit in his pasting of Broner and handing him his first loss and the majority decision loss to Mayweather.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To put it in gentleman’s terms if you’ve been out for a night and you’re looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they’re good looking and some weeks they’re not the best.

Khan would not think Brook is one of his best performances but at least he got him in the taxi.

Fortunately, the Filipino babe and the money hungry whore did turn down Khan. Brook was Amir’s sure thing, his back up piece on the side should the hotter birds turn Amir down.

Brook wasn’t the best-looking Khan ended up taking home, but he was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let’s have a coffee.

Thread Information