Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amir Khan

While I always thought Amir Khan had the heart of a lion and dazzling talent, I also thought he was a bit of a knob.

But he went massively up in my estimation when he faced up to the press after being butchered by Brook, and he was funny, gracious and engaging.

He also was asked about whether he was proud about inspiring Asian sportsmen around the world

People used to say: ‘We are Muslim, we are Asian, we can’t make it in boxing. We’re not going to be picked.’ It’s an excuse that all Asians use – that we’re never going to be picked.“Look at football, for example. There are no Asian footballers but guess what they all say? ‘We won’t get picked because we’re Asian.’ I think that’s a fucking load of bullshit, really. It’s a load of bollocks. Asians, when we can’t to a certain extent, give up. We don’t have it in us. Our diet is appalling, and when we come up against good English fighters, they are fitter and have a better diet”!

Say it how you see it Amir
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amid Khan

Still think he is a bit of a knob.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amid Khan

Me too. Knob alert.

Had most of the tools to be a superstar but a poor chin, and more importantly a limited boxing brain, went against him.

Made a fucking mint though so what do I know.....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan

PRINCE Naseem Hamed has been living up to his royal name after moving in next to the Queen.

The former World Featherweight Boxing champ was out walking his dog on the Queen’s Long Walk, near his new home in Windsor.

Naseem, who retired in 2002 aged 28, is now living a lavish lifestyle.

The boxer is renting a £1.4m townhouse which backs on to Windsor Castle and driving a £120k Corvette Stingray supercar.

The International Boxing Hall of Fame inductee, now 48, retired with 36 wins to just one loss.

It’s not the first time he has been spotted around the Berkshire town.

Last week the Sheffield-born star was spotted out on a shopping trip.

One onlooker joked: “He was one of the best entertainers in boxing, but he doesn’t look like a featherweight anymore!”

Another said: “Boxing royalty living next door to proper royalty."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18639...-walk-windsor/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sheeraz - born to a Pakistani father and Indian mother - believes he can play a significant role in inspiring the next generation of South Asian fighters.

"My long-term plan is to open up a promotion company and bring through young Asian talent and aid them," he says.

But Sheeraz has criticised Briton Amir Khan - who retired this year - for comments in which he said a poor diet often prevented boxers from South Asian backgrounds reaching their full potential.

Speaking to The Guardian in May, former two-time world champion Khan said: "Our diet is appalling. It's curries. It's not the right diet to be a champion. If you put us against a lot of English fighters their diet is a lot better. They're stronger than us."

I wanted to be 'the people's champion' - Khan
    Sheeraz says he disagrees with Khan, adding: "You can't blame it on the diet. You can't make a generalisation. It's not fair at all.

"Life is about balance and so is diet. You can have a bit of anything and everything.

"Look at Anthony Joshua on his Snapchat. Every other day he's having pounded yam and he puts the nutrition benefits with it to explain to people that this is his culture and this is how it helps him.

"In professional boxing, us Asians are the minority. We need every bit of support we can get. Getting slated from our own, by someone who has done it, is not the smartest thing."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/62136987

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you read about the guy (Pakistani or Indian, not sure which) whose surname is Ali

His real full name is actually Sonny Liston Ali …… and of course he is now a boxer, what other choice did he have in life

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hamed has come a long way from being carried to the ring. Did not realize he was pushing Tony Galento territory but power to him for making his money work for him. Reminds me of an old SCTV skit...he blowed up real good !

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    PRINCE Naseem Hamed has been living up to his royal name after moving in next to the Queen.

The former World Featherweight Boxing champ was out walking his dog on the Queen’s Long Walk, near his new home in Windsor.

Naseem, who retired in 2002 aged 28, is now living a lavish lifestyle.

The boxer is renting a £1.4m townhouse which backs on to Windsor Castle and driving a £120k Corvette Stingray supercar.

The International Boxing Hall of Fame inductee, now 48, retired with 36 wins to just one loss.

It’s not the first time he has been spotted around the Berkshire town.

Last week the Sheffield-born star was spotted out on a shopping trip.

One onlooker joked: “He was one of the best entertainers in boxing, but he doesn’t look like a featherweight anymore!”

Another said: “Boxing royalty living next door to proper royalty."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18639...-walk-windsor/
    Hamed looks sick. lol...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Did you read about the guy (Pakistani or Indian, not sure which) whose surname is Ali

His real full name is actually Sonny Liston Ali …… and of course he is now a boxer, what other choice did he have in life
    He is not Asian, "They expected an Asian kid to walk out but next thing they know they've got a skinny white kid sitting in the corner,"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/62136989

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oops, don’t know where I got that from. Anyway, where he is from isn’t relevant …… If you are called Sonny Liston Ali you had better be good at fighting

Thread Information