Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Josh the tartan tornado Taylor v Jose chon Zepeda

josh might be staying at one forty to defend against chon. chon can win this. this will be a brawl. josh staying at one forty seems a bad idea
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: josh the tartan tornado taylor v jose chon zepeda

If he stays at 140, there is only one fight he should be fighting.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Taylor's promotional team have confirmed they are hoping to finalise a world title defence against Jose Zepeda for the Scotsman's next fight.

Taylor had to relinquish his WBA super-lightweight title at the weekend due to the mandatory requirements of the governing body, but the Scottish star is now set to defend his WBC, WBO and IBF belts against Zepeda, the WBC mandatory challenger.

Top Rank President Todd Duboef told Sky Sports: "Zepeda is coming off a fight of the year performance against Baranchyk and a first-round KO of Vargas in October.

"These together have earned him the mandatory position to Josh's WBC crown.

"We are working with both teams to put this fight on next."

Taylor had retained the WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO belts in February with a hotly disputed points win over WBO mandatory challenger Jack Catterall, who had called for a rematch.

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman had confirmed to Sky Sports that Zepeda was next in line to challenge Taylor, despite the WBA's decision to enforce a mandatory defence.

"We have ordered that fight," Sulaiman told Sky Sports. "We have a purse bid date, I believe it's the 24th of this month.

"The issue here is we had an agreement. We met in Puerto Rico, the four presidents, Paco Valcarcel, Daryl Peoples, Gilberto Mendoza and myself and we had an agreement.

"We sat down, we discussed that division and I was clear that [Jack] Catterall as WBO mandatory was next. Zepeda as WBC mandatory was next, and then the IBF mandatory was next.

"For some strange reason, the WBA simply went out and ordered another fight, and now they have taken away the title from Josh Taylor, or Josh relinquished. Whichever maybe, but it's very unfortunate.

"We want to keep the mandatory unified champions. We want to have mandatory contenders that are of the highest level, but we will see what happens next."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d737a6b1f824b2
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    If he stays at 140, there is only one fight he should be fighting.
    jack has been screwed over body the sanctioning bodies as well, he should have been granted an immediate rematch. i think the highest jack is rated by any sanctioning body is number three, so jack won't even get a shot at a vacant belt
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the purse bid was postponed until june tenth

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jack Catterall has revealed he has lost ‘a lot of respect’ for Josh Taylor over the way he has handled himself in the wake of his controversial victory.

The Englishman was speaking to the Mail on Sunday when he talked about that infamous night in Glasgow ahead of his ring return.

Catterall, 28, unsuccessfully challenged Taylor, 31, for the WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO super lightweight world titles, despite flooring the Scotsman in the eighth round.

During the interview, Catterall admitted that he has ‘always thought he’s a bit of a d***’ after exchanging words with Taylor in a public spat on social media.

Catterall revealed: “I’ve always thought he’s a bit of a d***.

“He wouldn’t be the sort of person I’d phone to go for a coffee and a catch up. You just have to look through his timeline (on social media) and how he interacts with people.

“I’ve never been a massive fan of him. That aside, I’m a fan of boxing and what he’s done in the sport. Credit to him for that.

“After the fight and the way he’s continued to handle himself, he’s losing a lot of fans and a lot of respect.

“Although he got the decision, he knows he’s got to put things right and try and beat me. This is a blemish on his record.

“A rematch is going to be his only saving grace going forward. He knows he has to fight me again.

“He’s living in denial. Everybody – apart from Josh and maybe one or two diehard fans – have said he lost the fight.

“I think he thought it might have settled down by now. But everything he posts on social media, you read through the comments and the fans are hammering him – and rightly so.

“I think he knows he’s lost a lot of respect in the boxing world. That will be living with him every day and eating him up.

“It was an injustice. I think he’s come to the realisation now that he has to fight me again and try to put it right.

“In the aftermath of the fight, I thought it (a rematch) was unlikely. But given the pressure that’s been put on Josh by the public, I’m confident.

“I’ve had some interesting calls over the past couple of weeks. I’m under the impression now that Josh really wants this rematch. It’s bubbling now to be a big fight for both of us.

“Politics aside, I do believe the fight can be made for the back end of this year. If he stays at 140, this is the only fight people want to see.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d0a28b21f1651d
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information