Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Michael Hunter v Hughie Fury

rescheduled for october twenty nineth
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hughie Fury will not be fit to fight Michael Hunter on October 29 due to suffering ongoing symptoms of long Covid.

The fight, which was due to be shown live on Sky Sports, had already been rescheduled from early July due to Fury suffering with illness.

In a statement, Fury said he has been advised by doctors to rest, after not boxing for over a year.

"I am a professional boxer who needs to fight in order to pay my bills and to live," he said.

"But I have been out for over a year now and, to my frustration, I have been advised by doctors to take total rest at the moment because I'm suffering symptoms of long covid.

Fury-AJ in the balance - Hearn: 'We're not going to play a game'Azeez wants Buatsi fight within the next 12 monthsJoyce wants Joshua in December if Fury fight does not happen
    "I feel weak with no strength. I've had all sorts of checks and they've diagnosed me as having long covid symptoms.

"It is frustrating but there is nothing I can do if my body's not allowing me to train. I'm going to take time out for the rest of this year and pick up again next year when I've rested properly.

"I have had 29 bouts, I'm ready for big fights and my promoter has guaranteed me a big fight upon my return. If that's Michael Hunter next, that's fine. If it's someone else, that's fine as well. I think everyone knows I will fight anyone as I have done over the years."

His father and trainer, Peter, added that Fury is "sapped of all strength" and he is "taking complete rest away from boxing for the rest of this year".

"Life brings all sorts of obstacles and boxing is no different.

"Hughie is feeling sapped of all strength and the long covid diagnosis means he's taking complete rest away from boxing for the rest of this year. Health is more important than money or trying to keep everyone happy."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...7e187f9d6d1a8a
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    You're gonna have a field day when you find out why this one is Cancelled again!!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    You're gonna have a field day when you find out why this one is Cancelled again!!
    i'd love to know how he proved that & that the cause of his illness is not due to something else
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'd love to know how he proved that & that the cause of his illness is not due to something else
    To be honest with you mate, I’m not arguing that point. He’s always been a sickly fucker even before Covid. Didn’t he have a spell on the sidelines with really bad acne?
    So yeah, it could well be something else. He might Even have Munchausens.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest with you mate, I’m not arguing that point. He’s always been a sickly fucker even before Covid. Didn’t he have a spell on the sidelines with really bad acne?
    fucking hell Munchhausens.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the life of me I can't figure out why, but I like Hughie. I guess it's the underdog thing. Very much the poor relation in the Fury family and operates relatively under the radar. He's had an OK career. Some half decent wins. Three losses, all by decision in good company. But fuck me he's the illest mother fucker alive and not in the cool Nas way. Fenster always used to say he had leprosy. Tongue firmly in cheek of course but the Fury mob came out and said he had some sort of mystery tropical disease that was so debilitating, he was operating at massively reduced capacity.

It doesn't help of course when your halfwit cousin goes public with claims that you (Hughie) are going to be the youngest heavyweight champion in history. He was always going to struggle to live up to billing from that point on and he's excelled in that department. Whatever the mystery illness was it was supposed to have been addressed and we were going to see a far more dynamic Hughie from that point on. We didn't. He was still the same Hughie. Good skill set, but far too passive and for anyone in the top tier far too easy to outwork.

Peter is my favourite Fury. He seems like a sensible down to earth man where boxing is concerned and calls it as he sees it. Paternal obligations aside I can't see what he sees in Hughie. Maybe he's one of them that looks a million dollars in the gym, but struggles under the lights?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there is no point to argue champ, it's hughie & his teams claims & their burden to prove. i do remember hughie having several health issues over the years & i would have no idea what he has put into his body, so any potential causes of his illness on my part would just be speculation

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information