Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
Sheesh, this is getting complicated. Thanks for the breakdown of your points (the 4 points) Tito, and answering my question. I see what you're saying, and it looks as if the dispute is mostly about 163. And what it implies. From what I can see you two are actually in agreement on most of the points. Mainly that Canelo has proven his chin and that triple G is clearly not exactly, to put it gently, a young spring chicken.

I hope that triple G will get a knock out out of pure desperation and go out on his shield one way or the other, not just because of the judges, which is a significant factor in Cinnamon Town, but because I think he will be fighting for his legacy here and just may put on a career ending performance that startles everyone. It's just probably wishful thinking to be honest. It would be an incredible performance if he could do it, and the odds are not in his favor.
there is no dispute about one sixty three, the issue is with titofan's claim, the fact is ggg has fought at one sixty for his entire career. what weight division is one sixty three nosavingbythebell?
well here's what I got:

".......professional governing bodies now recognize a total of 17 weight classes, which had their current names established by the major boxing organizations in 2015. The upper limits of these classes are delimited as follows:

minimumweight, 105 pounds (48 kg)
light flyweight, 108 pounds (49 kg)
flyweight, 112 pounds (51 kg)
super flyweight, 115 pounds (52 kg)
bantamweight, 118 pounds (53.5 kg)
super bantamweight, 122 pounds (55 kg)
featherweight, 126 pounds (57 kg)
super featherweight, 130 pounds (59 kg)
lightweight, 135 pounds (61 kg)
super lightweight, 140 pounds (63.5 kg)
welterweight, 147 pounds (67 kg)
super welterweight, 154 pounds (70 kg)
middleweight, 160 pounds (72.5 kg)
super middleweight, 168 pounds (76 kg)
light heavyweight, 175 pounds (79 kg)
cruiserweight, 200 pounds (91 kg)
heavyweight, unlimited......"

So, for me it looks like 163 is between the upper limit allowed for middleweight and super middleweight. I'm not too "up" on this as you guys are, wouldnt that be considered a "catch weight", like Canelo used to always demand to fight at?

Let's not rain on TIC's parade. Within my argument that GGG is no super middleweight and is at a huge disadvantage size-wise against Ginger who's fought at 175.... TIC has chosen to focus on my omission of GGG fighting ONCE at 163.

While technically that is above the MW limit... it's a nitpicky little detail that lends nothing to the argument being made.

GGG has BASICALLY fought his entire career at middleweight and I will continue saying that, regardless of the fact that he fought one obscure fight against Rolls at 3 pounds over the MW limit, which technically falls into the super middle category.

Give TIC a little star and a smiley face to paste on his notebook and let's move on, shall we?