Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  111
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career.
    from post number eighty seven of this thread. is this a fact or not titofan? you can't just make up your own facts
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    from post number eighty seven of this thread. is this a fact or not titofan? you can't just make up your own facts

You haven't taken enough punishment and want to keep poking the bear? Suit yourself.

In 43 professional fights, Golovkin fought at 160 for 42 of them.

In ONE professional fight he fought at 163, technically above the MW limit and in the SMW category. (Still well below the SWM limit of 168 ).

In my opinion (and that of most adults), that can be accurately described as GGG having fought at middleweight his entire career. FACT.

For pouty nitpicky brats who throw tantrums and have to pick on insignificant details to make an asinine point..... GGG's lone fight at 163 constitutes that desperate little moral victory which is akin to a little gold sticky star and smilie on a kindergarten student's notebook so he can take it home and brag about it.

Let's recap.

My position: GGG has fought practically all his career at 160 and thus has a huge disadvantage against Ginger, who has fought as high as 175.

Your position: Because GGG fought once at 163, he's a bonafide SMW and has no disadvantage going into the fight with Ginger.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 08-10-2022 at 03:43 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You haven't taken enough punishment and want to keep poking the bear? Suit yourself.

In ONE professional fight he fought at 163, technically above the MW limit and in the SMW category. (Still well below the SWM limit of 168 ).

In my opinion (and that of most adults), that can be accurately described as GGG having fought at middleweight his entire career. FACT.

For pouty nitpicky brats who throw tantrums and have to pick on insignificant details to make an asinine point..... GGG's lone fight at 163 constitutes that desperate little moral victory which is akin to a little gold sticky star and smilie on a kindergarten student's notebook so he can take it home and brag about it.

Let's recap.

My position: GGG has fought practically all his career at 160 and thus has a huge disadvantage against Ginger, who has fought as high as 175.

Your position: Because GGG fought once at 163, he's a bonafide SMW and has no disadvantage going into the fight with Ginger.
    so it's not a fact?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's recap.

so it's not a fact?
    According to you there is no such thing as facts. Unless you personally manufactured and then calibrated the scales and were there to witness first hand the weigh in, it would just be a fictional theory that gullible people who watch TV swallowed.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's recap.

so it's not a fact?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Let's recap.

so it's not a fact?
    According to you there is no such thing as facts. Unless you personally manufactured and then calibrated the scales and were there to witness first hand the weigh in, it would just be a fictional theory that gullible people who watch TV swallowed.
    spergy larry it is not my claim that ggg weighed in within the super middleweight division, that is the story that is being presented but i can choose to believe that information, anyone can believe whatever they like. titofan has also admitted that he also believes that ggg weighed in at one sixty three, so he is contradicting himself when he states that it's a fact that ggg fought at one sixty his entire career
    Last edited by TIC; 08-10-2022 at 09:20 PM.

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even matchup

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ginger wins by mid-round KO.
    He should go into the fight as a 1/100 favorite.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2022/08...edict-outcome/

"Canelo Alvarez Vs. Gennadiy Golovkin III: Pros Predict Outcome"

... "Golovkin hasn’t looked good in his last four fights since losing to Canelo (57-2, 39 KOs) by a controversial 12 round majority decision in 2018.

Rather than continuing to fight quality opposition, Golovkin has been taking tune-ups while seemingly waiting for the big payday he’d get in the trilogy match with Canelo.

Now that Golovkin has finally gotten what he’s been waiting for, he looks old and ill-equipped to win against Canelo."...

THIS!

A hundred times over.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reason # 101 Why Golovkin Has NO CHANCE Against Ginger:

Dave Moretti and Steven Weisfeld

Both judges scored the Bivol fight 115-113, a razor-thin decision in what was a boxing lesson from Bivol to Ginger.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dave moretti scored the first canelo v ggg fight for ggg

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reason # 101 Why Golovkin Has NO CHANCE TO WIN A DECISION Against Ginger:

Both judges scored the Bivol fight 115-113, a razor-thin decision in what was a boxing lesson from Bivol to Ginger.
    Hey, had to type that bold red phrase in there as, after all, this is boxing, where 1 punch could change --- instantly --- the best laid plans. GGG still hits hard enough despite Cinnamon's chin, and so gotta keep that outcome, albeit remote, in there. Power is the last thing to go.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

Hey, had to type that bold red phrase in there as, after all, this is boxing, where 1 punch could change --- instantly --- the best laid plans. GGG still hits hard enough despite Cinnamon's chin, and so gotta keep that outcome, albeit remote, in there. Power is the last thing to go.

You do have a point. Although I think the chances of Golovkin knocking Ginger out are about 0.40 percent.

For him to go for the knockout, he's gonna have to leave himself vulnerable to Ginger's shots... and who knows how many "special" beefsteaks Ginger has feasted on in the last few months.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

You do have a point. Although I think the chances of Golovkin knocking Ginger out are about 0.40 percent.

For him to go for the knockout, he's gonna have to leave himself vulnerable to Ginger's shots... and who knows how many "special" beefsteaks Ginger has feasted on in the last few months.
    "Special" beefsteaks has to be one of the funniest phrases ever used on this forum; if I had been eating or drinking when I read that, no doubt I would have spat it all over the room. I imagine him sitting down in a restaurant and nonchalantly telling the waiter in Guadalajara to give him one of the "special" beefsteaks, as he proudly lifts his chin up in the air and glances around to see if anyone heard him.

Yeah, so is that 4% or literally .4% (meaning 96% he will not smoke canelo, or 99.6% he will not smoke canelo?)

If I had to give it a percent, it's a little bit tough and true he will have to open up which will leave him vulnerable to canelo, but maybe optimistically I will give triple G a 15% chance of making that knockout happen.

But let's be realistic. That means I'm giving him an 85% chance of NOT getting a knockout. Which then leaves only two options for an outcome: a decision, or he himself gets knocked out.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Undisputed super-middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez says he wants to send Gennady Golovkin into retirement after their trilogy fight in Las Vegas.

The bitter rivals fight on 17 September four years after Alvarez narrowly beat Golovkin on points in their rematch.

Golovkin turned 40 earlier this year and speaking to BBC Sport, Alvarez was asked whether he wanted to retire the Kazakh after their fight.

"I don't like that guy," he says "Yes, that's my goal."

Golovkin and Alvarez, 32, have developed a bitter rivalry since their first fight, which produced a controversial split draw decision.

As well as accusing Alvarez of running from their third fight, Golovkin has repeatedly referenced a six-month doping ban the Mexican served in 2018.

"It's personal because he talked a lot of things about me all these years, so that's why it's personal for me," Alvarez says.

'When he's in front of me he doesn't say anything'

Speaking from his gym in San Diego, Alvarez, who has won world titles in four divisions, cuts a relaxed figure, with a boxing ring just a few feet behind him. He is lucid, articulate and lights up when talking about golf.

"A beautiful sport," he says. "When you make birdies, you make eagles, when you hit a really good shot - that feeling is amazing."

He says he has several favourite golfers including Northern Irishman and four-time major winner Rory McIlory.

"Wow, he has a great swing and he's a very good golfer. I follow him on Instagram," says Alvarez, who only follows 174 people on the social media platform.

However, his mood darkens when Golovkin is mentioned.

Golovkin has had a glittering boxing career and was a two-time unified champion but Alvarez has no time for his opponent.

When asked why he doesn't like Golovkin, Alvarez says, to paraphrase slightly, that his opponent talks a lot of rubbish.

"When he's in front of me, he doesn't say anything - 'I respect him, I respect his career and this and this' - but what about what you've been saying in interviews and in other places?"

The pound-for-pound great is counting down the days until he and 'GGG' begin what will be the 25th round of their rivalry - but unlike the two previous fights with Golovkin, Alvarez does not expect this one to go the distance.

"I think I'm going to end him before the 12th round. I'm going to put all my boxing skills, all my experience in boxing to get this done," he predicts.

Alvarez is coming off a loss to WBA champion Dmitry Bivol at light-heavyweight, with the Russian claiming a unanimous victory in May.

That was only Alvarez's second loss in professional boxing, with the other defeat coming against Floyd Mayweather in 2013.

But Alvarez is not fazed by the defeat and even suggests it has made him a bigger threat.

"I am a more dangerous fighter right now because of my loss. I'm just different right now since the last fight. I am more mature, stronger, and more confident," he says.

"I want to try again [at light-heavyweight]. Right now, I'm 100% focused on Golovkin and then that's what I'm looking to do next year in May."

The third fight with Golovkin will be Alvarez's 62nd professional bout having started his career as a 15-year-old but he has no plans to slow down.

"My body is going to tell me and I feel in my prime right now, so my body will tell me when it's time to leave the gloves," he says.

"Right now I feel great, I feel my best. I always think 36 or 37 is enough for me but you never know."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/62579265
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information