Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  111
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

James Toney told ESNews: “Triple G. He loses to Triple G.

“Canelo is a good fighter. I’m not hating on the kid. I would have washed up Canelo in two or three rounds.

“If you stand in front of me and try those moves? I’m the kind of guy that stands in front of you and makes you miss and counters your a**. He can’t do it. He tries it.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...f85aa512482f1c
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    James Toney told ESNews: “Triple G. He loses to Triple G.

“Canelo is a good fighter. I’m not hating on the kid. I would have washed up Canelo in two or three rounds.

“If you stand in front of me and try those moves? I’m the kind of guy that stands in front of you and makes you miss and counters your a**. He can’t do it. He tries it.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...f85aa512482f1c
    let's hope Lights Out is right. I see GGG needing a KO and therefore pulling it off in a career ending Gran Finale.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juan Manuel Marquez has predicted Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez will knock out Gennady Golovkin when they meet in their trilogy fight later this month.

“It’s motivating for Canelo to have lost to Bivol, because another defeat for a fighter like him would not be good,” Marquez told Marca.

“In the second fight with Golovkin he showed that he can beat him in the center of the ring, in the second fight he deciphered his style and he’s going to beat him.

“By speed, counter punches and combinations, so he’s not going to withstand the onslaught of the Mexican.

“Canelo is going to win by knockout.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...8cae4040e872bb

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM is right about the outcome. But not for the reasons he stated. Regardless... it'll be a mid-round slaughter.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really is surprising how under the radar this has been and low key rolled out. Even though it's passed shelf life etc well it is Canelo . Just 10 days out and all I'm seeing is lots of Alycia Baumgardner vs Mikaela Mayer and the Shields-Marshall card. Really want Golovkin to pull it off and want to see Bam Rodriquez, but just cannot do it.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it would be very spectacular if GGG could pull it off

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Really is surprising how under the radar this has been and low key rolled out. Even though it's passed shelf life etc well it is Canelo . Just 10 days out and all I'm seeing is lots of Alycia Baumgardner vs Mikaela Mayer and the Shields-Marshall card. Really want Golovkin to pull it off and want to see Bam Rodriquez, but just cannot do it.
    At this point just want to see GGG keep his chin tucked in and finish on his feet. Wasted potential.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    At this point just want to see GGG keep his chin tucked in and finish on his feet. Wasted potential.
    I want him to do the opposite and take the fight to Canelo. When the time is right to knock out Saul or go out on his shield. Triple G has had a great career.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

aul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin will complete their incredible trilogy next weekend as Las Vegas hosts the huge title fight.

The great foes battled out two thrilling clashes in 2017 and 2018 with the first being ruled a draw before Canelo took the second.

Their rivalry has been one of the best in modern day boxing but fans have had to wait for a third and final clash.

Now, they will go toe-to-toe once again under the lights in Sin City and it should be thriller.

Canelo, who lost to Dmitry Bivol in his WBA light heavyweight title bout in May, will put his super middleweight titles on the line.

Golovkin has only fought four times since his defeat to the Mexican and beat Ryota Murata in Japan most recently.

The 12-round super-middleweight title clash will be held on Saturday, September 17.

It is taking place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

The card will get going at 1am on Sunday morning UK time with Canelo vs Golovkin expected from 5am.

The fight will be broadcast live on DAZN – the streaming service costs £7.99 per month, you can sign up HERE.

It can be streamed via the DAZN app and can be viewed on smart TVs, game consoles, connected devices, mobile, tablets and computers.

MAIN EVENT: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin – for WBA (Super), WBC, IBF, WBO, and The Ring super middleweight titles
    Jesse Rodriguez Franco vs Israel Gonzalez – for WBC super flyweight title
    Ali Akhmedov vs Gabriel Rosado
    Austin Williams vs Kieron Conway
    Diego Pacheco vs Enrique Collazo
    Marc Castro vs Kevin Montiel Mendoza
    Aaron Aponte vs Fernando Angel Molina
    Anthony Herrera vs Delvin McKinley

Canelo: “I risk everything to keep making history when I don’t need to risk anything. I’ve already achieved so many things. I’m in a position where I don’t have to risk anything, and I still do it.

“Nobody does that when they are in a position like the one I’m in.

“Tell me another fighter who is trying that in other categories, going down and up in weight.

“It’s always been very personal with Gennady. That will never go away. After we finished the two fights, it still feels [very personal).

“He has never stopped talking about me. If you see, I never mentioned his name.

“I’ve always been in his mouth, he’s always talked about me, and that makes it even more personal.

“The fact that there is this rivalry puts an extra element there. It makes me train harder. I try harder. Personally, I sometimes feel better that it exists.”

Canelo has also promised he will end Golovkin’s career: “That’s my goal. That’s my goal for this fight. No disrespect for him. He’s a great fighter. He’s one of the best middleweights in boxing history. But that’s what I train for. My goal is to end his career, his great career.

“I feel hungry. I always train 100%. This is no exception. I feel motivated. I just can’t wait to be in the ring.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...ash-las-vegas/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want him to do the opposite and take the fight to Canelo. When the time is right to knock out Saul or go out on his shield. Triple G has had a great career.
    All in or nothing isn’t it. Not like there’s a rebirth of tomorrow’s for an old stubborn warrior so take the night as your own and crash the gate. He’s waited around long enough for it to come and some truths remain..Canelo is older too. He’s taken more damage last out than previous 3 or 4 and the higher you are on top of the world, a tumbling fall on the brightest stage has played with many a top fighters mind before. Make Canelo doubt and have no faith in anyone (judges) but yourself.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would normally agree with you. However... between "knock out Saul" and "go out on his shield"... I think 99.9989% of boxing fans deep down inside expect the latter.

Frankly, although "going out on his shield" would be a more fan-friendly fight... in this case I'd rather him do whatever it takes to see the final bell. That would be a moral defeat for Ginger, who is fully expected to knock GGG out.

"C'mon GGG! Last the 12 rounds!!"

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are those in the majority that feel GGG is getting KTFO. I can see a good argument for that view. And a good question for that crowd as well. But before we get to that question, just think how much more of a "moral defeat" it would be for Canelo if he lost --- in however manner --- clearly getting KTFO by GGG would be more embarrassing than losing to GGG on points. Remember, we're just talking about the crushingness to Cinnamon's career/legacy here (not the probability of such). I think we can all agree that if GGG knocks Canelo into a glassy-eyed stupor or worse, that THAT would be the ultimate moral defeat. But on to the original question for the majority crowd: so Canelo knocks GGG out, huh? OK fair enough, but what round are we talking here? Are we talking a first round blast-out like Lennox vs Golota? A mid-rounds grind-down like say 6-7-8? Or a "take him out to the deep blue sea" 10-11-12 round smashing like Fury/Wilder 3?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    ...if GGG knocks Canelo into a glassy-eyed stupor...
    Some people fantasize about having a million dollars. This is mine.

...so Canelo knocks GGG out, huh? OK fair enough, but what round are we talking here? Are we talking a first round blast-out like Lennox vs Golota? A mid-rounds grind-down like say 6-7-8? Or a "take him out to the deep blue sea" 10-11-12 round smashing like Fury/Wilder 3?

Unfortunately, it'll be either the "grind-down" or the "deep blue sea". But no way Ginger blasts out GGG in the first couple of rounds. GGG is too sturdy and too much of a professional for that.

But Ginger KNOWS the judges are firmly in his corner.

A GGG decision win is not only out of the question. It's is as plausible as Flat Earthers admitting they've been wrong all these years. So when you have that kind of knowledge, you can rest assured that your opponent is forced to try and win by knockout... which will of course only work in Ginger's favor.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    ...if GGG knocks Canelo into a glassy-eyed stupor...
    Some people fantasize about having a million dollars. This is mine.

...so Canelo knocks GGG out, huh? OK fair enough, but what round are we talking here? Are we talking a first round blast-out like Lennox vs Golota? A mid-rounds grind-down like say 6-7-8? Or a "take him out to the deep blue sea" 10-11-12 round smashing like Fury/Wilder 3?

Unfortunately, it'll be either the "grind-down" or the "deep blue sea". But no way Ginger blasts out GGG in the first couple of rounds. GGG is too sturdy and too much of a professional for that.

But Ginger KNOWS the judges are firmly in his corner.

A GGG decision win is not only out of the question. It's is as plausible as Flat Earthers admitting they've been wrong all these years. So when you have that kind of knowledge, you can rest assured that your opponent is forced to try and win by knockout... which will of course only work in Ginger's favor.
    I read many years ago that in Karagandy, Kazakhstan, that GGG used to fight in the streets from the age of 10. I am hoping he has some old school feints or tricks up his sleeve that he can pull out in desperate moments like say in Round 5 when it becomes clear it is not going in his favor, and catch the younger "more corporate" 'Ging by surprise. It's how Foreman caught Moorer supposedly: he instinctively inched closer at a certain unexpected moment -- the opposite of what Moorer expected -- and with that extra inch he put Moorer right on the end of his sneaky punch.

So anyway, good post, so it's Grind Down vs Deep Blue Sea? WHat a way for GGG to end his career, if that is the case.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are those in the majority that feel GGG is getting KTFO. I can see a good argument for that view. And a good question for that crowd as well. But before we get to that question, just think how much more of a "moral defeat" it would be for Canelo if he lost --- in however manner --- clearly getting KTFO by GGG would be more embarrassing than losing to GGG on points. Remember, we're just talking about the crushingness to Cinnamon's career/legacy here (not the probability of such). I think we can all agree that if GGG knocks Canelo into a glassy-eyed stupor or worse, that THAT would be the ultimate moral defeat. But on to the original question for the majority crowd: so Canelo knocks GGG out, huh? OK fair enough, but what round are we talking here? Are we talking a first round blast-out like Lennox vs Golota? A mid-rounds grind-down like say 6-7-8? Or a "take him out to the deep blue sea" 10-11-12 round smashing like Fury/Wilder 3?
    Does make you think about Canelo all but 'needing' to score the ko for complete full resolution to the trilogy and what if any level of extra pressure that creates. Let's be honest Canelo isn't exactly an all-out attacking force and hasn't been ashamed to coast on a lead or two. In fairness he does possess some calculating poise...but I wonder what irony and criticism of him simply taking a 12 round decision would open him up to. Especially since 101 year old Golovkin will be coming to the ring using a walker and a full-time nursing assistant after all. Surely, he won't go rounds let alone make the distance .

Thread Information