Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  111
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

I would get those carotids checked.....

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

must have hit a nerve, titofan is posting his memes again, doesn't like the fact that he has been proven wrong yet again
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    must have hit a nerve, titofan is posting his memes again, doesn't like the fact that he has been proven wrong yet again

I'm toying with you now, bro.

Having a little fun at your expense.

Pointing out the embarrassment you must feel at having to latch onto a meaningless detail to make an asinine point.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

I'm toying with you now, bro.

Having a little fun at your expense.

Pointing out the embarrassment you must feel at having to latch onto a meaningless detail to make an asinine point.
    it's embarrassing to claim something is a fact & then be proven wrong. you are so embarrassed you missed my entire point
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know... I feel kinda bad making you look like an ass.

So let's break this down.

Ok so I said, GGG has fought his entire career at middleweight... and you pointed out that once he fought at super middle because he fought at 163 pounds.

So to you, once 3 pounds over 160 in 43 career fights constitutes not having fought at middleweight his entire career.

Cool.

To me, it still does.

And I believe to most post-pubescent adults, they understand the same.

If you need to have the word "basically" added as a qualifier in order to understand... there's little I can do to help you there.

You do realize, right? that it is pretty much a child-like technique to latch onto an insignificant detail when you've got no argument.

Just wanted to point that out.

It's like... you just got slammed on the tennis court. But you're claiming some sort of victory because the guy who whipped your ass just tripped over the ball bucket on his way back to the locker room.

Maybe not the best analogy... but you get the point.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See it's like this....

If you've spent your whole life being an ass..... and one day you say or do something "non-asslike"..... and I say you've spent your whole life being an ass..... technically I'm not wrong.

Not sure if you followed me there.

I can go slower if you'd like.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to get back to the topic at hand... the actual fight.

And I'll reiterate my points as to why GGG is a walk in the park for Ginger, and why Ginger gets no credit from me for beating GGG this time around.

1. GGG is not a bonafide super middle. He fought exactly ONE fight at 163, which demostrates he's not comfortable at 168. Meanwhile, Ginger has TWICE fought at 175, and is perfectly suited to fight at 168, his true weight. It's a size mismatch.
    2. GGG is 40 years old. Clear to everyone except deluded casual fans as being significantly beyond one's peak, especially at weights lower than heavyweight.
    3. Ginger has lost exactly TWO decisions in Vegas. (This time I said it right, lest TIC latch onto a keyboard mistake to further his argument). One was against Floyd, who gave him a shutout and still managed to get only a majority decision, thanks to one of Ginger's judges. The other was Bivol, who gave Ginger a comprehensive boxing lesson and the judges still managed to score it closer than it should have been.
    4. GGG was already robbed against Ginger. To expect to win a decision with Ginger's judges firmly in tow, is being pretty unrealistic. GGG's only chance is by KO, and Ginger's chin is already a proven commodity.

You're welcome.

For the reasons above, I believe GGG has two chances against Ginger... SLIM and NONE.

It'll be a knockout win for Ginger... and he gets zero credit from me. After GGG he needs to get back to fighting young guys his own size.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know... I feel kinda bad making you look like an ass.

So let's break this down.

Ok so I said, GGG has fought his entire career at middleweight... and you pointed out that once he fought at super middle because he fought at 163 pounds.

So to you, once 3 pounds over 160 in 43 career fights constitutes not having fought at middleweight his entire career.

Cool.

To me, it still does.

And I believe to most post-pubescent adults, they understand the same.

If you need to have the word "basically" added as a qualifier in order to understand... there's little I can do to help you there.

You do realize, right? that it is pretty much a child-like technique to latch onto an insignificant detail when you've got no argument.

Just wanted to point that out.

It's like... you just got slammed on the tennis court. But you're claiming some sort of victory because the guy who whipped your ass just tripped over the ball bucket on his way back to the locker room.

Maybe not the best analogy... but you get the point.
    you have made yourself look foolish. fighting once at super middleweight makes your claim, the fact is ggg has fought at one sixty for his entire career. that claim is wrong. it is not a fact & it is the very reason you haven't answered what weight division would one sixty three within. because you know it is within the super middleweight division & because of that fact then your claim is wrong. adding the word basically is not the same is claiming something is a fact, most people understand this. my point about your false claim has nothing to do with you thinking ggg is over the hill & me disagreeing, two different things. you making a claim that was wrong is a different argument to the canelo v ggg match up

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See it's like this....

If you've spent your whole life being an ass..... and one day you say or do something "non-asslike"..... and I say you've spent your whole life being an ass..... technically I'm not wrong.

Not sure if you followed me there.

I can go slower if you'd like.
    if you claim something is a fact & it is not you are wrong

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to go with Alvarez by ko well tko to be exact, I think the body punches will add up on Golovkin and it'll end around the tenth..I do think Golovkin is going to do quite a bit better than many expect especially Hearn and dazn, he could well have beaten Alvarez twice already so I think he has his number, I don't think Golovkin is finished either but he is 40 and the Murata performance was worrying at times so I think the heavy body shots will end him..I think it'd be a good win for Alvarez if he manages it, Golovkin is still one of the best out there, don't think it's an amazing win or anything like that, I think Alvarez's other wins at 168 rank higher than this potential win..

I think it's also going to make pretty good viewing, Golovkin is a top class Operator after all but I am expecting an Alvarez win. It'll be a bit like Joshua beating other Kazak born Klitschko, different stages of their careers of course( Joshua and Alvarez), but I think Wladimir would have beaten Joshua when wlad was younger but he wasn't and he lost and it was a good win for Joshua despite the other guy being over 40
    Last edited by palmerq; 08-07-2022 at 04:45 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to get back to the topic at hand... the actual fight.

And I'll reiterate my points as to why GGG is a walk in the park for Ginger, and why Ginger gets no credit from me for beating GGG this time around.

1. GGG is not a bonafide super middle. He fought exactly ONE fight at 163, which demostrates he's not comfortable at 168. Meanwhile, Ginger has TWICE fought at 175, and is perfectly suited to fight at 168, his true weight. It's a size mismatch.
    2. GGG is 40 years old. Clear to everyone except deluded casual fans as being significantly beyond one's peak, especially at weights lower than heavyweight.
    3. Ginger has lost exactly TWO decisions in Vegas. (This time I said it right, lest TIC latch onto a keyboard mistake to further his argument). One was against Floyd, who gave him a shutout and still managed to get only a majority decision, thanks to one of Ginger's judges. The other was Bivol, who gave Ginger a comprehensive boxing lesson and the judges still managed to score it closer than it should have been.
    4. GGG was already robbed against Ginger. To expect to win a decision with Ginger's judges firmly in tow, is being pretty unrealistic. GGG's only chance is by KO, and Ginger's chin is already a proven commodity.

You're welcome.

For the reasons above, I believe GGG has two chances against Ginger... SLIM and NONE.

It'll be a knockout win for Ginger... and he gets zero credit from me. After GGG he needs to get back to fighting young guys his own size.
    ggg is not a bonafide super middleweight. ggg has fought once at super middleweight. where is your proof that ggg is not comfortable at one sixty eight? i remember ggg being interested in fights with julio cesar chavez jr & carl froch at one sixty eight but they never came together. canelo has fought twice at light heavyweight. i agree canelo is probably better acclimatized to super middleweight, probably his true weight. i disagree it's a size mismatch. ggg is forty & i agree he is no longer in his prime. canelo has lost two decisions in vegas. i thought ggg won the first fight & canelo won the second. i don't think it's unrealistic to expect to win a decision against canelo. canelo lost a decision in his last fight. i disagree that ggg's only chance is by knockout. canelo's chin is already a proven commodity. i think this is a difficult fight for canelo. i am picking canelo to win by knockout but don't think it'll be easy. i'll give canelo credit for defeating a tough fighter & someone i think is a tough fight for anyone around the weight. after ggg i'll wait to see where canelo goes

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I'm going to go with Alvarez by ko well tko to be exact, I think the body punches will add up on Golovkin and it'll end around the tenth..I do think Golovkin is going to do quite a bit better than many expect especially Hearn and dazn, he could well have beaten Alvarez twice already so I think he has his number, I don't think Golovkin is finished either but he is 40 and the Murata performance was worrying at times so I think the heavy body shots will end him..I think it'd be a good win for Alvarez if he manages it, Golovkin is still one of the best out there, don't think it's an amazing win or anything like that, I think Alvarez's other wins at 168 rank higher than this potential win..

I think it's also going to make pretty good viewing, Golovkin is a top class Operator after all but I am expecting an Alvarez win. It'll be a bit like Joshua beating other Kazak born Klitschko, different stages of their careers of course( Joshua and Alvarez), but I think Wladimir would have beaten Joshua when wlad was younger but he wasn't and he lost and it was a good win for Joshua despite the other guy being over 40

A little bit like Joshua, because of the age involved. But some might consider that to be Joshua's best win. At the time it "one-upped" Fury's maddeningly boring UD over Wlad. Still, no other factors other than age were at play. They were both bonafide heavyweights with no significant size advantage to either side. The fight was at Wembley Stadium, but it did end in a TKO, leaving the judges out of the equation. It was the one and only time they fought, so there was no questionable decision baggage to sift through.

I like Golovkin, and have always been a fan. But right now he's benefitting from slim pickings at 160, combined with the four alphabet orgs, of which at least one of them has relative riff-raff at the top contender list. As you said, the Murata fight was worrying at times. My way of saying it is that it showed GGG is pretty much past his prime. Golovkin is ripe for the picking, and is being handed on a silver platter to Canelo.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Bivol offered to do the rematch at 168 and Canelo’s team chose GGG. Tells you everything you need to know.
    Now recently I have given Canelo a lot of praise and respect.
    But if that was any other fighter that did that they would be called Duck, Chicken and just about every other farmyard animal you can think of.

Then there's this.

BTW, let me go on record by saying it doesn't reach the 8th round. I don't usually predict rounds, and GGG may very well pleasantly surprise me (early Xmas gift for me)... but the old man's ripe for the picking, and Ginger doesn't have to worry about losing a decision (proven fact). He'll go at GGG with abandon and the full confidence of outweighing Golovkin by 10-15 pounds by fight night. TKO for Ginger before the 8th round.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Bivol offered to do the rematch at 168 and Canelo’s team chose GGG. Tells you everything you need to know.
    Now recently I have given Canelo a lot of praise and respect.
    But if that was any other fighter that did that they would be called Duck, Chicken and just about every other farmyard animal you can think of.

Then there's this.

BTW, let me go on record by saying it doesn't reach the 8th round. I don't usually predict rounds, and GGG may very well pleasantly surprise me (early Xmas gift for me)... but the old man's ripe for the picking, and Ginger doesn't have to worry about losing a decision (proven fact). He'll go at GGG with abandon and the full confidence of outweighing Golovkin by 10-15 pounds by fight night. TKO for Ginger before the 8th round.
    in regards to primo carnera's post the plan that i am aware of was always dmitry & then ggg next. who else would you choose to pick ggg off next? canelo does have to worry about losing a decision, as he lost his last fight by decision, proven fact. we'll have to weight until fight night to see if in ring weights are posted. i still favour canelo by knockout in eleven or twelve or a close decision either way

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The rivalry between Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez has been ongoing for many years. The pair always seemed destined to collide in one way or another and now, as we approach their third and likely final meeting, it appears as if their feud has become more bitter than ever before.

In addition to the pair wanting to be known as the superior boxer, they’ve also been trading some personal shots at one another through press conferences and a variety of interviews. Of course, Canelo is the one who has the bragging rights at this moment in time, given that he holds one win over GGG with their initial meeting being a draw.

Still, that hasn’t stopped Golovkin from letting the world know what he thinks about the Mexican sensation, as he did once again during a recent interview.

“When someone is unable to see reality, that is his problem, it says a lot about him. His behavior at the press conference shows how insecure he is, how he still lives in illusions about the situation, the stories. He drew his own conclusions based on the first press conference. His behavior was different in the second. He analyzed that he looked ridiculous [in the first one]. For a fighter of this caliber, someone who wants to be great, shows that he still needs to grow, he needs to learn a lot. He is far from being the best,” Golovkin said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...a2b296d34d9cc4
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information