Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  111
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Cakewalk for Cinnamon.

I've posted in every related FB post that appears on my feed and said basically the same thing.
    Let's look at the facts.

1. GGG was robbed almost 5 years ago, when yet another female judge inexplicably gave it to Canelo (probably in more ways than one ) 118-110. In Vegas.
    2. In a second fight GGG stupidly let's it go to the judges, when he HAD to know he'd get shafted again. This time he loses the fight. In Vegas.
    3. Here we are in 2022. GGG is 40 f*cking years old... and Canelo is in his prime at 31. Canelo is bigger and stronger and has fought as high as 175.
    4. 40-year old GGG is facing Canelo at 168, the first time he ventures to that weight in his ENTIRE CAREER. In Vegas.

But somehow some people see a possibility of a GGG win??

If Canelo doesn't knock him out, he has underperformed.

As it is... he gets zero credit from me for beating old man Golovkin.

By the way, I voted Ginger by knockout.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Cakewalk for Cinnamon.

I've posted in every related FB post that appears on my feed and said basically the same thing.
    Let's look at the facts.

1. GGG was robbed almost 5 years ago, when yet another female judge inexplicably gave it to Canelo (probably in more ways than one ) 118-110. In Vegas.
    2. In a second fight GGG stupidly let's it go to the judges, when he HAD to know he'd get shafted again. This time he loses the fight. In Vegas.
    3. Here we are in 2022. GGG is 40 f*cking years old... and Canelo is in his prime at 31. Canelo is bigger and stronger and has fought as high as 175.
    4. 40-year old GGG is facing Canelo at 168, the first time he ventures to that weight in his ENTIRE CAREER. In Vegas.

ggg was robbed in your opinion. i have it one for ne. i think primo carnera had it a draw & win for canelo. ggg didn't let the second fight go to the judges. he was unable to knockout canelo. it is twenty twenty two. ggg is forty. canelo is thirty one. i'd agree that canelo is bigger & stronger & has fought as high as one seventy five but if they both make the weight then i have no issues. ggg is forty & is facing canelo at one sixty eight for the undisputed championship but he has fought over one sixty before & canelo is moving back down a weight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Cakewalk for Cinnamon.

Let's look at the facts.

ggg was robbed in your opinion. i have it one for ne. i think primo carnera had it a draw & win for canelo. ggg didn't let the second fight go to the judges. he was unable to knockout canelo. it is twenty twenty two. ggg is forty. canelo is thirty one. i'd agree that canelo is bigger & stronger & has fought as high as one seventy five but if they both make the weight then i have no issues. ggg is forty & is facing canelo at one sixty eight for the undisputed championship but he has fought over one sixty before & canelo is moving back down a weight

Imaginative spin. My opinions remain the same.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted GGG by decision but mustve hit the wrong button because its registered as GGG by KO. Could a Mod plz change my vote to GGG by decision? No way he knocks out Cinnamon. Cinnamon does indeed have a good Clen, I mean Chin. I thinks Clen-bute underestimates GGG (age, etc.) (isnt he 37? I read 37 but also read 40?) and Clenny goes wild trying to finish GGG in the 6th round, gets careless and has a lot of pent up rage from getting totally schooled by Biv, and gets careless and may get caught by the wily "old" GGG with an uppercut. Its the ones you dont see.......

But I'll still go with the decision for GGG. (more hoping, really)

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I acknowledge my vote for Triple G knockout is more sentimental and wishful thinking.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I acknowledge my vote for Triple G knockout is more sentimental and wishful thinking.
    OK so it must be your vote there for GGG by KO. I guess I did not vote yet. Let me see.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    OK so it must be your vote there for GGG by KO. I guess I did not vote yet. Let me see.
    Sorted.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez says he will end his trilogy fight against Gennady Golovkin in a “sweet way” by knocking him out when they meet on September 17th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

“I think now is not a Mexican style, now is different,” said Canelo Alvarez to SecondsOut, talking about how Gennadiy Golovkin used to call his fighting style ‘The Mexican style.’

“I think the Mexican style that he says is just to bring the Mexican fans for him. Everybody does it. They go in there with Mexican colors and hats and everything and sombreros, and I understand that. Mexican style is just different.

“In a close fight, you can see he wins, and other people can say I win. It’s a close fight, so it’s fine,” said Canelo about the difference in opinion about his first fight with Golovkin in 2017. “It’s good for boxing being in close fights. It’s perfect.

“That kind of people don’t give me credit,” Canelo said about some boxing fans believing he lost the second fight with GGG as well as the first. “I don’t care about those people. I just see my accomplishments really good.

“This fight is going to be different. I’m going to end this fight in a sweet way. I just want to win and beat him and be very satisfied. I don’t care what the people say. He’s one of the worst,” said Canelo about Golovkin.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/webco...03b632a9585c77

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez says he will end his trilogy fight against Gennady Golovkin in a “sweet way” by knocking him out when they meet on September 17th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

“I think now is not a Mexican style, now is different,” said Canelo Alvarez to SecondsOut, talking about how Gennadiy Golovkin used to call his fighting style ‘The Mexican style.’

“I think the Mexican style that he says is just to bring the Mexican fans for him. Everybody does it. They go in there with Mexican colors and hats and everything and sombreros, and I understand that. Mexican style is just different.

“In a close fight, you can see he wins, and other people can say I win. It’s a close fight, so it’s fine,” said Canelo about the difference in opinion about his first fight with Golovkin in 2017. “It’s good for boxing being in close fights. It’s perfect.

“That kind of people don’t give me credit,” Canelo said about some boxing fans believing he lost the second fight with GGG as well as the first. “I don’t care about those people. I just see my accomplishments really good.

“This fight is going to be different. I’m going to end this fight in a sweet way. I just want to win and beat him and be very satisfied. I don’t care what the people say. He’s one of the worst,” said Canelo about Golovkin.

GGG only has to use the blueprint that Bivol used to win an easy decision. Fuck all those power punches....... you see Bivol used LOW POWER VARIATIONS OF THE JAB to measure the range and distance between him and Canelo. THis provoked defensive behaviors from Canelo, and hesitations. Bivol did not over-commit to his punches, so GGG should avoid that too. GGG needs to use those touch-jabs and low power jabs at a distance, varying the power, and this will force Canelo to catch/deflect WITH HIS REAR HAND, keeping him off balance and dogging him good, stopping forward momentum. GGG needs to confuse Canelo with the range and timing and varfiations of power, like Bivol did. GGG has to be the better boxer and he will win an easy decision. DO NOT trade and get into a donnybrook with Canelo. You have to manipulate the guard of Canelo, keep him catching and wondering if GGG is going to throw a hard shot, medium shot or light shot. GGG can do this if he follows this blue print.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 06-29-2022 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ginger should wash his mouth out with soap after talking about "Mexican style."

He does a huge disservice to the Mexican champions before him, who fought all comers at any time, anywhere.... win, lose, or draw.

Past Mexican greats never had their careers methodically manufactured.

Cinnamon will knock out old man Golovkin. Of that I am 99% sure.

But who's to say lighting can't strike and GGG knocks out Ginger.

GGG by points is a complete fallacy.

Nobody beats Ginger by points in Vegas. That Bivol did it is a testament to how absolute the dominance was. The judges must've cried when they handed in their scorecards.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez: “I don’t think Ryan Garcia can beat Gervonta Davis, not yet. If he put his mind to boxing and tried to learn and everything, he could do a lot of things. He has talent. I don’t think so [that Ryan can beat Tank].

For his part, Ryan took a shot at undisputed super middleweight champion Canelo by saying he thinks Gennadiy Golovkin will beat him in their trilogy match on September 17th.

Ryan Garcia: “I feel like GGG is going to have an amazing fight. I don’t know why, but I have a feeling GGG is going to have the performance of his lifetime. I’m going to say GGG wins.”

It’s quite possible that Ryan is right about his prediction on Golovkin beating Canelo because the Mexican star has lost a few steps since 2020, and he’s NOT the fighter that defeated GGG in 2018.

To be sure, the 40-year-old Golovkin (42-1-1, 37 KOs) isn’t the same fighter he was in 2018 either, but he doesn’t need to be because his power and his jab are still as good as ever.

Canelo Alvarez: “He’s [Ryan Garcia] just made that he’s no more in the team, but he’s a little kid. My advice is to focus on your career, win a world title first, then talk about other people because you’ve accomplished nothing.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/webco...e1c0927dd5004d

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree Gendy will have the fight of his life destroying Cenello Alvares maybe knocking him throughout the ropes into the rows of seats

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cakewalk for Cinnamon.

Let's look at the facts.

Maybe I should add a # 5.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2022/07...al-standpoint/

Golovkin Says Canelo “Will Help Me Retire From The Financial Standpoint”

Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy when trying to think of ways in which Golovkin can beat Canelo.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gennady Golovkin has told talkSPORT.com that he found Canelo Alvarez’s behaviour at their press conferences thoroughly ‘disappointing’.

The middleweight great is set to move up to super-middleweight to challenge his bitter rival for his undisputed WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO world titles in their trilogy fight on September 17.

In the past week, the pair met at two press conferences to preview and promote the bout.

Canelo took this opportunity to attack Golovkin’s character, accusing him of putting on a false persona while in truth being an ‘a**hole’.

GGG opted not to fire back with insults of his own.

Asked if this was difficult, Golovkin told talkSPORT.com: “No it was not difficult for me to behave the way I behaved because I acted normally.

“Naturally it is who I am.

“I just did not take their bait.

“To claim that I’m the best in that way, that’s not how I would behave and I never do.

“Maybe it’s because of my upbringing, maybe because of my personality.

“But when you see somebody behave like that, it’s just disappointing.”

Canelo and GGG have of course fought twice already.

First, back in 2017, they shared a disputed draw which many felt robbed Golovkin of a victory.

Then, the following year, Canelo won a narrow majority decision in their rematch.

GGG has always insisted that he believes he won both fights.

Regarding whether it is a source of added confidence to be stepping back into the ring with someone he feels he’s already gotten the better of twice, Golovkin said: “I’m always confident.

“I’m always confident in what I do and in my approach.

“We both have amazing skills, we know a lot about boxing.

“I believe the key to victory in this fight will be the right strategy.

“Whoever comes up with the right strategy against his opponent will be the key.”

Throughout his distinguished career, GGG always said he wanted to claim all the world titles in the middleweight division as undisputed four-belt champion.

At one point he held the WBA, WBC and IBF crowns, but the WBO title always eluded him.

Now, up at super-middleweight, he will have the opportunity to become undisputed champion in a single fight.

“I’m very happy that this fight is taking place now, not after I retired,” Golovkin said of this additional motivation.

“I’m certain that it’s going to be an excellent fight night. We’ll show great boxing to our fans.

“I am motivated and it’s going to be an exciting fight.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...disappointing/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG only has to use the blueprint that Bivol used to win an easy decision. Fuck all those power punches....... you see Bivol used LOW POWER VARIATIONS OF THE JAB to measure the range and distance between him and Canelo. THis provoked defensive behaviors from Canelo, and hesitations. Bivol did not over-commit to his punches, so GGG should avoid that too. GGG needs to use those touch-jabs and low power jabs at a distance, varying the power, and this will force Canelo to catch/deflect WITH HIS REAR HAND, keeping him off balance and dogging him good, stopping forward momentum. GGG needs to confuse Canelo with the range and timing and varfiations of power, like Bivol did. GGG has to be the better boxer and he will win an easy decision. DO NOT trade and get into a donnybrook with Canelo. You have to manipulate the guard of Canelo, keep him catching and wondering if GGG is going to throw a hard shot, medium shot or light shot. GGG can do this if he follows this blue print.

Thread Information