Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  111
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III officially CONFIRMED with super-middleweight showdown set for September 17

CANELO ALVAREZ will finally fight Gennady Golovkin in a mouthwatering trilogy.

The boxing legends will meet in the ring on September 17.

Canelo and Golovkin have shared 24 thrilling rounds already in this hottest of rivalries.

And the pair will meet for a third time, five years after their first battle ended in a controversial draw and then the Mexican star edging out Golovkin via majority decision.

Both fights took place in the T-Mobile Arena, with a venue for the trilogy bout will be revealed soon.

Last time out Canelo dared to be great once again but was edged out by WBA world light-heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol.

Now the focus switched back to super-middleweight where he will defend his undisputed title against the Kazakh king, who campaigns at the weight for the first time in his storied career.

The WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO straps will all be on the line.

Speaking to Matchroom, who will promote the event to be shown on Dazn, Canelo said: "I feel very happy and proud to be able to give the best fights and this fight won’t be an exception.

The Mexican's coach Eddy Reynoso added: “Let’s push ahead without going backwards.

“A Mexican never surrenders, let’s push forward."

Golovkin responded: “I hope to see you on September 17."

Canelo and Golovkin, 31 and 40 respectively, took part in two of the most entertaining fights in recent history in September 2017 and 2018.

The pair's first meeting ended in a controversial draw, with many in the boxing world believing the judges robbed Golovkin.

Canelo edged their rematch 12 months later via majority decision - although many thought the epic rematch should've been scored a draw.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18673...er-17-trilogy/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Twitter has whipped up into a frenzy of this news. I'm happy for GGG to get himself a final pay day but I don't think it'll be as competitive this time around. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is the fucking point! GGG spent his whole career being a smallish MW, now he’s a SMW? I will not spend one penny on this.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's the biggest fight in boxing. Not my words Carol the words of Edward Hearn Magazine...
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    It's the biggest fight in boxing. Not my words Carol the words of Edward Hearn Magazine...
    Eddie Hearn over the last couple of years has turned into a complete cock since he thought he had a chance of global domination.
    He thinks he gets a pass because he’s a promoter “and that’s what they do.”, but I’ve seen interviews of him talking about Canelo v GGG when Canelo was with Golden Boy and him blatantly calling Canelo a drugs cheat. Now he just wants to lick his ass all night.
    He’s getting low as well, trying to goad Brook into a fight with “no mark” Benn after Brook announced his retirement.
    What he don’t realise is that Canelo will drop him like a bad habit, and then he won’t be his “personal friend.”

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    What is the fucking point! GGG spent his whole career being a smallish MW, now he’s a SMW? I will not spend one penny on this.
    Canelo started at Junior WW, 4 divisions south. GGG can move up for once. The question what is the point, only for money. Canelo ruined GGGs career before he even got to 160 because GGG followed him like a puppy. Rather than chasing his own greatness

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if jermall, caleb, davib b, or demetrius were fighting ggg it would be considered a good fight but for canelo it's considered easy. i still think ggg is tough but canelo will pull away towards the end
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always been a big admirer of Golovkin, but I suspect that this is his final swansong bout.

He was always a small middleweight, and he has looks pretty old in there at times recently. He was never the quickest fighter in the world but he does look like he has slowed down and is now much more vulnerable to the body.

Stepping up a weight to fight a PED user, with a great chin and a good body attack, who is essentially coming down a weight is a herculanean task.... especially at 40 years old.

Looking at it dispassionately, this should not be a competitive fight at all ...........
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    if jermall, caleb, davib b, or demetrius were fighting ggg it would be considered a good fight but for canelo it's considered easy. i still think ggg is tough but canelo will pull away towards the end
    It’s not about whether it’s a good fight. These are 2 good fighters, for the fucking dough they’re earning, being a “good fight” is the absolute bare minimum it needs to be.
    And as for “Jermall, Caleb, David B & Demetrius”, yeah it’s not considered easy. That’s why they earn 10% of what Canelo earns.
    The problem with the fight is that is is meaningless.
    We already know Canelo is better than GGG.
    We already know GGG is 40.
    We already know if by some miracle GGG wins he’s not staying there.
    It proves nothing new.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Canelo started at Junior WW, 4 divisions south. GGG can move up for once. The question what is the point, only for money. Canelo ruined GGGs career before he even got to 160 because GGG followed him like a puppy. Rather than chasing his own greatness
    Exactly. And now GGG is just whoring himself out for one last pay day for a fight he knows he can’t/ won’t win. But in the lead up to the fight the hype will go into overdrive, probably a lot of highlight reels of GGG bowling guys over from 8 years ago, to make it look like a meaningful fight and all the casuals will eat it up and think Canelo is the GOAT, completely airbrushing Bivol from the history books now instead of Floyd.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Exactly. And now GGG is just whoring himself out for one last pay day for a fight he knows he can’t/ won’t win. But in the lead up to the fight the hype will go into overdrive, probably a lot of highlight reels of GGG bowling guys over from 8 years ago, to make it look like a meaningful fight and all the casuals will eat it up and think Canelo is the GOAT, completely airbrushing Bivol from the history books now instead of Floyd.
    ggg is getting paid well for what he does for a career. that is hardly whoring himself out. would you prefer ggg to just retire or fight someone else? canelo just fought one of the best current light heavyweights & lost, he is not taking a leave of absence or taking a tune up. canelo is right back in there with a unified belt holder. is it the toughest challenge out there? no. but not every fight is against the best
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin 3 Poll

Poll added

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin 3 Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Poll added
    Good move. Let's see how many actually think this will be a cake walk for Cinnamon.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin 3 Poll

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Poll added
    Good move. Let's see how many actually think this will be a cake walk for Cinnamon.
    canelo by knockout but i definitely don't see a cake walk

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CANELO ALVAREZ and Gennady Golovkin took a break from throwing punches to toss the ceremonial first pitch at Yankee Stadium.

The boxing duo shared the honor of getting the ball game started as the New York Yankees took on Oakland Athletics in MLB.

Canelo, 31, is still reeling from a shock defeat to Dmitry Bivol last month in Las Vegas.

But fans were delighted to see the Mexican sensation strut his stuff on the mound alongside rival GGG.

In a small break from tradition, both boxers took part in the ceremonial first pitch ahead of the MLB showdown.

Alvarez was the first to release his throw, showing good technique as he unleashed a decent fast ball.

Golovkin meanwhile looked like a natural in the ballpark, his smooth action seeing his pitch land right on point.

Boxing fans were in raptures to see their heroes ahead of the crucial match with the Yankees eventually running out 9-5 winners.

And many were impressed by the boxers' throwing arm, taking to social media to praise their efforts.

One wrote: "Haha canelo could just pitch the rest of the game."

While another added: "Canelo’s actually got a pretty good arm!"

While one said: "This rivalry is just legendary".

But some were hoping for more fireworks before the pair went nose-to-nose in a face-off on the mound.

A fight-starved fan wrote: "Canelo should've gone full heel and chucked [the ball] at GGG. Miss opportunity!"

Canelo and Golovkin last fought in September 2018, when the Mexican won a controversial rematch on points.

After four long years, their trilogy is finally back on - and Golovkin, 40, fired shots at the Mexican saying that he had been avoiding getting in the ring with him again.

But Alvarez is confident that his nine-year age advantage can see him notch another win on September 17.

He said: "He's talking a lot of things about me. That's why it's personal.

"He always talks about how I'm scared, I'm running away when I'm fighting the best guys out there and he's fighting with Class D fighters.

"He always pretends to be a nice guy, like in front of people.

"It is what it is. I don't pretend to be nice, this is the way I am. I don't pretend to be another person.

"He's two different people, he pretends to be a nice guy. He's not he's an a**hole."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19022...rst-pitch-mlb/

Thread Information