https://www.boxingscene.com/andre-wa...canelo--169454

Andre Ward: Golovkin 'Literally Just Showed Up To Get A Check' Against Canelo

You da man, Andre!

Saying it like it is. No holds barred. Glad to see someone speaking out on this sham of a fight, which I decried since it was announced on Day One. I like Golovkin... but this was nothing but a 40-year old man cashing in before riding off into the sunset. All talk about his next opponents is premature. Wait for the upcoming retirement announcement and speech. GGG just wanted one more heyday against an opponent he was never going to beat because he had EVERYTHING stacked against him... including AGE.

My favorite part of the article:

“I thought Alvarez should have stopped that version of Golovkin,” Ward said on Max on Boxing. “If Canelo is who he says he is, an all-time great, you got to take advantage of a fighter like that, who literally just showed up to get a check.

Classic!

"If Canelo is who he says he is..." I LOVE this guy!!

Ward thought what I thought going into the fight. It was going to be a knockout win for Ginger. But for all the fierce talk from Ginger and the angry staredowns and the claims that he was going to "end" GGG's career (how the hell do you end something that's already over??)..... Canelo totally UNDERWHELMED. GGG went in for the payday... and Ginger didn't make him pay.

I hope he gets into the ring with Bivol again. Hell... give Benavidez a chance. But I forgot... Ginger doesn't fight Mexicans.