Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  111
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Boxing star Gennady Golovkin has explained why a win over Canelo Alvarez would be the biggest of his career.

Over the course of the last five years, the career of Gennady Golovkin has really been defined by one opponent: Canelo Alvarez. Fans and pundits alike had been talking about the possibility of them squaring off for a long time prior to their initial meeting which, as many of us know, ended in a controversial draw back in September 2017.

Then, just twelve months later, they fought in another absolute war of attrition with the Mexican sensation getting the nod on the judges’ scorecards.

Ever since then, GGG has been determined to prove that he’s still got what it takes to be a world class boxer at the highest level – despite seemingly being in the twilight of his career.

The veteran is 4-0 since losing to Canelo and his eyes are set firmly on finally beating his great rival to cap off an incredible run inside the squared circle.

During a recent interview with Las Vegas Review-Journal, Golovkin opened up on their impending trilogy fight and what a win would mean for his legacy.

“A lot of time has passed. We are different fighters now,” Golovkin said. “It’s the right approach to move on. Not to look back at the previous two fights and train with this idea that is a separate fight.

“I’m sure it’s not going to be an easy fight. My opponent is a champion, he has four belts, and he’s arguably the best fighter at that weight class. I’m jumping to the weight class for the first time and I’m fighting the best fighter in that class. Most likely I’ll feel fresh in that weight category. I think I’ll be ready for the physical standpoint. I think I’ll feel more comfortable in that weight class. On the other hand, I should say I feel extremely comfortable in my class. At 160.”

“It would be the biggest win in my career. It would be the best thing that happened. That would be very fulfilling,” Golovkin said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...4ee49774fe26c2

GGG is a nice guy and a future HOFer in his own right.

But he's also one of the stupidest MOFOs in boxing.

Facing Ginger one more time, this time at 40 years of age...

Facing Ginger at a weight more suited to the bigger Ginger...

Facing Ginger in Las Vegas (aka: Gingerland), with Ginger judges...

Facing Ginger knowing a KO is the only chance he has of winning, yet Ginger has shown he can take GGG's punches, if nothing else...

GGG doesn't give a damn about losing to Ginger again.

He just wants that big payday so he can ride off into the sunset 10 times richer than he is now.

In doing so he's giving Ginger the opportunity to crow about another (cough) "legacy-defining" victory.
    if caleb plant or david benavidez were fighting ggg next & won, would you consider it a legacy defining victory for them? or you think ggg is done?

I think the word "legacy" is thrown around a little loosely. I don't think about Plant and Benavidez having "legacies" to define just yet. M.O., of course.

And no... GGG is not "done". He is however, well on the downhill side of his mountain.
    you used the words legacy defining victory so i just repeated them. let me word it differently, if caleb or david b were fighting ggg next & beat him at one sixty eight would it be career best wins for them at this stage? i disagree ggg is well on the downhill slide, he has slipped but i still feel he matches up as at least fifty fifty against most guys around the weight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing star Gennady Golovkin has explained why a win over Canelo Alvarez would be the biggest of his career.

Over the course of the last five years, the career of Gennady Golovkin has really been defined by one opponent: Canelo Alvarez. Fans and pundits alike had been talking about the possibility of them squaring off for a long time prior to their initial meeting which, as many of us know, ended in a controversial draw back in September 2017.

Then, just twelve months later, they fought in another absolute war of attrition with the Mexican sensation getting the nod on the judges’ scorecards.

Ever since then, GGG has been determined to prove that he’s still got what it takes to be a world class boxer at the highest level – despite seemingly being in the twilight of his career.

The veteran is 4-0 since losing to Canelo and his eyes are set firmly on finally beating his great rival to cap off an incredible run inside the squared circle.

During a recent interview with Las Vegas Review-Journal, Golovkin opened up on their impending trilogy fight and what a win would mean for his legacy.

“A lot of time has passed. We are different fighters now,” Golovkin said. “It’s the right approach to move on. Not to look back at the previous two fights and train with this idea that is a separate fight.

“I’m sure it’s not going to be an easy fight. My opponent is a champion, he has four belts, and he’s arguably the best fighter at that weight class. I’m jumping to the weight class for the first time and I’m fighting the best fighter in that class. Most likely I’ll feel fresh in that weight category. I think I’ll be ready for the physical standpoint. I think I’ll feel more comfortable in that weight class. On the other hand, I should say I feel extremely comfortable in my class. At 160.”

“It would be the biggest win in my career. It would be the best thing that happened. That would be very fulfilling,” Golovkin said.

Facing Ginger knowing a KO is the only chance he has of winning, yet Ginger has shown he can take GGG's punches, if nothing else...

He just wants that big payday so he can ride off into the sunset 10 times richer than he is now.

In doing so he's giving Ginger the opportunity to crow about another (cough) "legacy-defining" victory.
    I think Canelo will not get the credit and closure he wants by beating Golovkin for all the reasons you stated except maybe from the casuals. Triple G can not lose as he is the underdog and if he pulls this off it would be one of the greatest wins in history.
    i think only casuals are dismissing ggg. he is a unified titleholder after all & his two fights with canelo were both very close in my opinion. ggg has slipped a bit but his last fight was coming of over a year's inactivity & once he shock of some rust he proceeded to beat down ryota. no none can run from age but there are other fighters who have performed well over forty. ggg unified at forty so let's see how he performs here. i also think too much is being made of the weight. personally i think ggg is a tough out for anyone around the weight. so therefore canelo must be pretty good if beating him would be one of the greatest wins in history?
    Canelo is good no doubt about that. I did not see him becoming undisputed supermiddleweight champion especially after Golovkin beat him the first time.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Canelo will not get the credit and closure he wants by beating Golovkin for all the reasons you stated except maybe from the casuals. Triple G can not lose as he is the underdog and if he pulls this off it would be one of the greatest wins in history.
    i think only casuals are dismissing ggg. he is a unified titleholder after all & his two fights with canelo were both very close in my opinion. ggg has slipped a bit but his last fight was coming of over a year's inactivity & once he shock of some rust he proceeded to beat down ryota. no none can run from age but there are other fighters who have performed well over forty. ggg unified at forty so let's see how he performs here. i also think too much is being made of the weight. personally i think ggg is a tough out for anyone around the weight. so therefore canelo must be pretty good if beating him would be one of the greatest wins in history?
    Canelo is good no doubt about that. I did not see him becoming undisputed supermiddleweight champion especially after Golovkin beat him the first time.
    canelo is very good but still has his flaws as a fighter. did you see canelo becoming undisputed at one sixty eight after canelo beat ggg the second time? or after canelo beat danny jacobs clearer than ggg did? or after canelo knocked out a light heavyweight world champion?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He been softened up by Bivol. Ripe for the pickin

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo is very good but still has his flaws as a fighter. did you see canelo becoming undisputed at one sixty eight after canelo beat ggg the second time? or after canelo beat danny jacobs clearer than ggg did? or after canelo knocked out a light heavyweight world champion?
    I actually became more suspicious, and still am, that Canelo became so dominant. It does not seem natural that a boxer his size could jump up weight to be that successful.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if caleb plant or david benavidez were fighting ggg next & won, would you consider it a legacy defining victory for them? or you think ggg is done?

I think the word "legacy" is thrown around a little loosely. I don't think about Plant and Benavidez having "legacies" to define just yet. M.O., of course.

And no... GGG is not "done". He is however, well on the downhill side of his mountain.
    you used the words legacy defining victory so i just repeated them. let me word it differently, if caleb or david b were fighting ggg next & beat him at one sixty eight would it be career best wins for them at this stage? i disagree ggg is well on the downhill slide, he has slipped but i still feel he matches up as at least fifty fifty against most guys around the weight

With Caleb it would be a career best win... but not because of GGG but rather because of Plant himself. I just don't rate his resume very highly, so even a victory over an over-the-hill GGG would be a career best.
    Benavidez is young and still rising, so yes... a career best for him also because his career still has a lot left to go. Again... it would be against a GGG considerably beyond his prime.

Yes... we'll disagree on GGG and his downhill slide. Which only accentuates the vast disadvantage he has against a bigger, younger, stronger Ginger... against whom he's got ZERO chance of a decision win.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With Caleb it would be a career best win... but not because of GGG but rather because of Plant himself. I just don't rate his resume very highly, so even a victory over an over-the-hill GGG would be a career best.
    Benavidez is young and still rising, so yes... a career best for him also because his career still has a lot left to go. Again... it would be against a GGG considerably beyond his prime.

Yes... we'll disagree on GGG and his downhill slide. Which only accentuates the vast disadvantage he has against a bigger, younger, stronger Ginger... against whom he's got ZERO chance of a decision win.
    who would you have as a favourite over ggg from one fifty four to one sixty eight if they were fighting him next?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually became more suspicious, and still am, that Canelo became so dominant. It does not seem natural that a boxer his size could jump up weight to be that successful.
    well canelo has been caught with peds in his system so i can understand the suspicion, i think it would be very naive to think that none of these elite sportsman have used something in their careers. look at well hidden lance armstrong's use was or the setup they had for the russian olympics in two thousand fourteen for example. but we can't judge on suspicion alone. floyd apparently got away with some shenanigans before the pac fight but nothing happened. currently with times between fights & not much out of contest testing, even though there is said to be boxing seems perfect for cycling

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clenello is suspek

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

who would you have as a favourite over ggg from one fifty four to one sixty eight if they were fighting him next?

Uhh... depends at what weight they'd be fighting.

GGG is that rare bird that has fought at 160 his entire career. You move up a Jermell from 154 to 160, he might have a shot.

Point is, 160 right now can't be compared with 147 in terms of talent, for instance. So if there isn't a handful of guys at 160 I would favor over GGG at the moment, again it's not a glowing reflection on GGG, but a subpar division at the moment.

Hey I get it. You're trying to talk yourself into making this fight a real danger for Ginger... so that when he does win... you can call it a remarkable achievement.

You choose to ignore the half dozen factors I've already mentioned repeatedly as to why it should be a walk in the park for Ginger.

I won't keep on repeating them. All I can do for you is cut/paste.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG is that rare bird that has fought at 160 his entire career. You move up a Jermell from 154 to 160, he might have a shot.

Point is, 160 right now can't be compared with 147 in terms of talent, for instance. So if there isn't a handful of guys at 160 I would favor over GGG at the moment, again it's not a glowing reflection on GGG, but a subpar division at the moment.

Hey I get it. You're trying to talk yourself into making this fight a real danger for Ginger... so that when he does win... you can call it a remarkable achievement.

You choose to ignore the half dozen factors I've already mentioned repeatedly as to why it should be a walk in the park for Ginger.

for my question ggg would be fighting at one sixty for someone moving up or one sixty eight for fighters already fighting there. would you think jermell is fifty fifty against ggg? here are some guys at one sixty, jermall charlo, jaime munguia, erislandy lara, zhanibek alimkhanuly, demetrius andrade at one sixty or one sixty eight, carlos adames. any of them you'd favour over ggg next? i'm not trying to talk myself into anything, i think ggg is still a tough fight for anyone around the weight. if canelo wins i won't call it a remarkable achievement, you're making assumptions here. i'll call it a very good win over a unified champion & future hall of fame bound fighter. i'm not ignoring the factors you have mentioned & i have listed my own reasons why i disagree with them. you bring up ggg's age, i say he just unified two titles at age forty. you say the weight is more suited to canelo, i agree that canelo has had more time to adjust to the weight, however canelo has to come down from a weight higher than his previous fight & ggg has been pretty much a career middleweight, it is not unthinkable that ggg could have success at one sixty eight. you talk about vegas & canelo's judges, i say other fighter's have beaten canelo in vegas, one of our own members primo carnera i think scored the first two fights they way they are recorded, a draw & a win for canelo, i scored them one a piece, first to ggg, second to canelo. canelo lost his last fight by decision so i don't agree that a ko is the only way for ggg to win. i think it is you who is ignoring that ggg is a tough fight for anyone around the weight & won't be a walk in the park for canelo or anyone else around the weight

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for my question ggg would be fighting at one sixty for someone moving up or one sixty eight for fighters already fighting there. would you think jermell is fifty fifty against ggg? here are some guys at one sixty, jermall charlo, jaime munguia, erislandy lara, zhanibek alimkhanuly, demetrius andrade at one sixty or one sixty eight, carlos adames. any of them you'd favour over ggg next? i'm not trying to talk myself into anything, i think ggg is still a tough fight for anyone around the weight. if canelo wins i won't call it a remarkable achievement, you're making assumptions here. i'll call it a very good win over a unified champion & future hall of fame bound fighter. i'm not ignoring the factors you have mentioned & i have listed my own reasons why i disagree with them. you bring up ggg's age, i say he just unified two titles at age forty. you say the weight is more suited to canelo, i agree that canelo has had more time to adjust to the weight, however canelo has to come down from a weight higher than his previous fight & ggg has been pretty much a career middleweight, it is not unthinkable that ggg could have success at one sixty eight. you talk about vegas & canelo's judges, i say other fighter's have beaten canelo in vegas, one of our own members primo carnera i think scored the first two fights they way they are recorded, a draw & a win for canelo, i scored them one a piece, first to ggg, second to canelo. canelo lost his last fight by decision so i don't agree that a ko is the only way for ggg to win. i think it is you who is ignoring that ggg is a tough fight for anyone around the weight & won't be a walk in the park for canelo or anyone else around the weight

I'd put Jermell at 50/50 against GGG at 160. Jermell would be moving up to MW for the first time, so there's that. The rest of the guys, I'd have to examine individually. Like I said, 160 is way lesser than 147 in terms of quality right now... so any fighter where I'd favor GGG at 160 isn't a glowing endorsement of GGG, as it is a slight on the general quality of fighters at the top of the division at the moment.

So you wouldn't call a Ginger win a remarkable achievement, but rather a very good win. Fair enough. My opinion's different. If there hadn't already been a precedent, I might be inclined to agree. But they've already fought twice. The first time GGG was robbed, as have other fighters that have fought Ginger in Vegas.

I continue to mention GGG's age, because it's common knowledge that a fighter at age 40, especially below heavyweight, is pretty much beyond his prime. You use the titles to counterargue the age... and I just don't see the relevancy. I've already spoken as to the state of 160 nowadays vs let's say... 147. There's no comparison. Logic tells me that if 160 had the same amount of talent at the top as 147 does now, it's entirely feasible GGG doesn't have any belts today.

Weight is a no-brainer. Ginger may be coming down from a weight he just fought at... but Ginger's wheelhouse is at 168. Anyone who doesn't believe Ginger will rehydrate considerably for the GGG fight is out to lunch. Saying it's "not unthinkable" GGG could have success at 168 is just that... conjecture. No basis. The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. There is usually a reason why a fighter refuses to go up in weight even one division.

"Other fighters have beaten Canelo in Vegas"? Ok. From an argument perspective, we both know you're reaching. A grand total of TWO fighters have gotten decision wins over Ginger in Vegas. The first one gave Ginger a shutout. One of the easiest fights he's had, said so by Floyd himself. Yet one of the three judges saw it as a draw, making what should've been a wide UD into a majority decision. The other was Bivol. Not even Ginger's corrupt judges could manage to steal that one away from Bivol. I can easily imagine tears welling up in their eyes as they handed in their scorecards, which by the way were closer than warranted. So yes... other fighters have beaten Ginger in Vegas. We all know that's the only thing you care about because surrounding arguments don't mean anything to you when you're trying to make a point.

I'm not ignoring the fact that GGG would be a tough fight for anyone else other than Ginger at 160. Not "around the weight". Let's be specific here. At 160. IMO, he's got no business at 168, and Ginger will prove that point.

I will continue to reiterate the factors I've considered in stating that GGG should be a walk in the park for Ginger:

• WEIGHT - GGG has fought his entire career at 160. He hasn't ventured to 168 for a reason. You can argue till the cows come home that he'll do ok there. It's an unknown. By contrast, Ginger has fought as high as 175. His younger body is more capable of going up and down in weight. You can bet he'll rehydrate to where he's very much bigger than GGG at fight night.
    • AGE - Mentioning GGG's two titles has nothing to do with the fact that he's 40 years old, an age that all boxing experts agree is way past a boxer's prime. This shouldn't even be up for discussion. Ginger on the other hand is in his prime. Case closed.
    • PRECEDENTS - What more proof do you need than their first two fights? GGG was robbed in the first one, as have many other fighters before him. It's a given that Ginger doesn't lose decisions in Vegas. Only Floyd and Bivol accomplished that... and I've already explained the reasons why.

So basically you have an over-the-hill fighter, who has already been screwed twice in Vegas against this very same fighter... is moving up in weight for the first time... who KNOWS he needs a knockout to beat Ginger in Vegas...
    am I leaving something out?

By the way, knowing you need a knockout to win basically changes your whole fight strategy. You take more chances... you become more offensive, sacrificing a bit of your defense.
    This is what leads me to believe that this time Ginger will win by knockout.

From here on out I will just copy/paste my reasons. I'm getting tired of typing.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo should be favored to win this one- but I'm hoping GGG turns back the clock one last time since he is fighting his main rival (how JMM did vs Manny, Evander did vs Mike Tyson...etc.). I feel like GGG clearly won the first fight and felt that the rematch was at worst (for GGG) a draw. As for who I would favor over GGG, I go with Benavidez- I think that is a horrible match up for GGG. I would also favor Andrade at this point as I think he would have a little too much for GGG at this point.

I would favor Benavidez over Canelo at this point as well- I think Kov was washed up and Billy Joe was doing well until the big uppercut broke his orbital bone (those are the two fights that really impressed people, including me at the time). Plant is a skilled fighter but he doesn't have much power and I think the moment "got to him" and he became exhausted from the pressure (from both Canelo and the moment/lights). I give Canelo credit for taking on the big names, the kid has fought everyone around his weight for the most part.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd put Jermell at 50/50 against GGG at 160. Jermell would be moving up to MW for the first time, so there's that. The rest of the guys, I'd have to examine individually. Like I said, 160 is way lesser than 147 in terms of quality right now... so any fighter where I'd favor GGG at 160 isn't a glowing endorsement of GGG, as it is a slight on the general quality of fighters at the top of the division at the moment.

So you wouldn't call a Ginger win a remarkable achievement, but rather a very good win. Fair enough. My opinion's different. If there hadn't already been a precedent, I might be inclined to agree. But they've already fought twice. The first time GGG was robbed, as have other fighters that have fought Ginger in Vegas.

I continue to mention GGG's age, because it's common knowledge that a fighter at age 40, especially below heavyweight, is pretty much beyond his prime. You use the titles to counterargue the age... and I just don't see the relevancy. I've already spoken as to the state of 160 nowadays vs let's say... 147. There's no comparison. Logic tells me that if 160 had the same amount of talent at the top as 147 does now, it's entirely feasible GGG doesn't have any belts today.

Weight is a no-brainer. Ginger may be coming down from a weight he just fought at... but Ginger's wheelhouse is at 168. Anyone who doesn't believe Ginger will rehydrate considerably for the GGG fight is out to lunch. Saying it's "not unthinkable" GGG could have success at 168 is just that... conjecture. No basis. The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. There is usually a reason why a fighter refuses to go up in weight even one division.

"Other fighters have beaten Canelo in Vegas"? Ok. From an argument perspective, we both know you're reaching. A grand total of TWO fighters have gotten decision wins over Ginger in Vegas. The first one gave Ginger a shutout. One of the easiest fights he's had, said so by Floyd himself. Yet one of the three judges saw it as a draw, making what should've been a wide UD into a majority decision. The other was Bivol. Not even Ginger's corrupt judges could manage to steal that one away from Bivol. I can easily imagine tears welling up in their eyes as they handed in their scorecards, which by the way were closer than warranted. So yes... other fighters have beaten Ginger in Vegas. We all know that's the only thing you care about because surrounding arguments don't mean anything to you when you're trying to make a point.

I'm not ignoring the fact that GGG would be a tough fight for anyone else other than Ginger at 160. Not "around the weight". Let's be specific here. At 160. IMO, he's got no business at 168, and Ginger will prove that point.

I will continue to reiterate the factors I've considered in stating that GGG should be a walk in the park for Ginger:

• WEIGHT - GGG has fought his entire career at 160. He hasn't ventured to 168 for a reason. You can argue till the cows come home that he'll do ok there. It's an unknown. By contrast, Ginger has fought as high as 175. His younger body is more capable of going up and down in weight. You can bet he'll rehydrate to where he's very much bigger than GGG at fight night.
    • AGE - Mentioning GGG's two titles has nothing to do with the fact that he's 40 years old, an age that all boxing experts agree is way past a boxer's prime. This shouldn't even be up for discussion. Ginger on the other hand is in his prime. Case closed.
    • PRECEDENTS - What more proof do you need than their first two fights? GGG was robbed in the first one, as have many other fighters before him. It's a given that Ginger doesn't lose decisions in Vegas. Only Floyd and Bivol accomplished that... and I've already explained the reasons why.

So basically you have an over-the-hill fighter, who has already been screwed twice in Vegas against this very same fighter... is moving up in weight for the first time... who KNOWS he needs a knockout to beat Ginger in Vegas...
    am I leaving something out?

By the way, knowing you need a knockout to win basically changes your whole fight strategy. You take more chances... you become more offensive, sacrificing a bit of your defense.
    This is what leads me to believe that this time Ginger will win by knockout.

From here on out I will just copy/paste my reasons. I'm getting tired of typing.
    i named five guys from one sixty & you only mention a guy from one fifty four. why the need to compare one sixty to one forty seven? i named five guys from one sixty for you. if you need to examine the guys i named individually so you can make an informed decision i understand, i just hope you didn't ignore the names i posted on purpose. out of the guys i named i'd have zhanibek as fifty fifty against ggg next, i might even have him as a slight favourite. the other guys i mentioned favour ggg if they were fighting next. i also thought ggg won the first fight, i thought canelo won the second fight. what other fighters do you believe were robbed against canelo in vegas? i've agreed in this very thread that ggg has slipped, i use ggg's title unification fight with ryota to show that ggg is still performing at a high level. ryota is not elite but he is a tough guy & a decent fighter, he came in holding a title & having beaten everyone he had faced, ryota was a credible opponent. one sixty might not have the talent of one forty seven but there are not many fighters from one fifty four to one sixty eight that i'd favour over ggg if they fought next. canelo will probably rehydrate to bigger than ggg but if he makes the weight at the weigh in i have no issues. there is basis for ggg having success at super middleweight, he has already fought & won there. it is not a fact that ggg has fought at 160 for his entire career, you are wrong, the steve rolls fight was at super middleweight. ggg hasn't refused to go up in weight, he has already fought at super middleweight. other fighters have beaten canelo in vegas, that is a fact. canelo lost his last fight in vegas, another fact. i say around the weight because canelo v ggg three is set for super middleweight & have asked you previously about who you favour over ggg from one fifty four to one sixty eight. that is around the weight. i am being specific, you are the only one talking about one sixty alone, i am talking about one fifty four to one sixty eight. as for you list, your first statement is wrong, ggg has already fought at super middleweight. what is the reason ggg hasn't ventured to one sixty eight? ggg has already done okay at super middleweight, it is not an unknown. canelo has fought as high as light heavyweight. canelo's body is younger & probably more capable of going up & down in weight but who are you comparing this to? ggg went back down from super middleweight after the steve rolls fight. also it is natural that as one ages their weight also increases, so ggg may find not having to cut to one sixty beneficial. i agree that canelo will probably rehydrate to much bigger than ggg on fight night, for me if both fighters make the weight at the weigh in then i have no issues. age, mentioning the titles has everything to do with the fact that ggg is forty. i've never said that ggg isn't past his prime. not many fighters are unifying at forty. it's a small list. for me it shows ggg is still performing at a high level & would be a difficult fight for anyone from one fifty four to one sixty eight if they fought him next. i disagree that canelo is in his prime, i feel he has also slipped. i thought ggg won the first fight also, i thought canelo won the second. who are the many other fighters that you feel were robbed before ggg? it is not a given that canelo doesn't lose decisions in vegas, that is a blatant lie. it's a fact that canelo has lost decisions in vegas. basically you feel ggg is over the hill, i disagree, i feel ggg is passed his prime but still a difficult fight for anyone from one fifty four to one sixty eight. you feel ggg was screwed twice in vegas against canelo, i feel it's one a piece. you are wrong that ggg is moving up for the first time. you feel ggg needs a knockout to beat canelo in vegas, i disagree, as other fighters have got decisions over canelo in vegas, including canelo's very last fight. i don't believe ggg thinks he needs a knockout to win & will come in with a game plan he thinks will best get the victory. i think canelo could get a knockout here but i can also see several other scenario's, a tough fight with a decision for either is not beyond the realms of possibility for me. we'll just have to wait at see. cut & paste all you like but please leave out the lies & incorrect statements

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Canelo should be favored to win this one- but I'm hoping GGG turns back the clock one last time since he is fighting his main rival (how JMM did vs Manny, Evander did vs Mike Tyson...etc.). I feel like GGG clearly won the first fight and felt that the rematch was at worst (for GGG) a draw. As for who I would favor over GGG, I go with Benavidez- I think that is a horrible match up for GGG. I would also favor Andrade at this point as I think he would have a little too much for GGG at this point.

I would favor Benavidez over Canelo at this point as well- I think Kov was washed up and Billy Joe was doing well until the big uppercut broke his orbital bone (those are the two fights that really impressed people, including me at the time). Plant is a skilled fighter but he doesn't have much power and I think the moment "got to him" and he became exhausted from the pressure (from both Canelo and the moment/lights). I give Canelo credit for taking on the big names, the kid has fought everyone around his weight for the most part.
    i have ggg winning the first & canelo winning the second. i'd have ggg over david b & demetrius if they were fighting next. the only gut i might favour over ggg if they were fighting next from one fifty four to one sixty eight is zhanibek. there are others who might have a chance in a few more fights like pavel silyagin

Thread Information