Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  111
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I'd put Jermell at 50/50 against GGG at 160. Jermell would be moving up to MW for the first time, so there's that. The rest of the guys, I'd have to examine individually. Like I said, 160 is way lesser than 147 in terms of quality right now... so any fighter where I'd favor GGG at 160 isn't a glowing endorsement of GGG, as it is a slight on the general quality of fighters at the top of the division at the moment.

So you wouldn't call a Ginger win a remarkable achievement, but rather a very good win. Fair enough. My opinion's different. If there hadn't already been a precedent, I might be inclined to agree. But they've already fought twice. The first time GGG was robbed, as have other fighters that have fought Ginger in Vegas.

I continue to mention GGG's age, because it's common knowledge that a fighter at age 40, especially below heavyweight, is pretty much beyond his prime. You use the titles to counterargue the age... and I just don't see the relevancy. I've already spoken as to the state of 160 nowadays vs let's say... 147. There's no comparison. Logic tells me that if 160 had the same amount of talent at the top as 147 does now, it's entirely feasible GGG doesn't have any belts today.

Weight is a no-brainer. Ginger may be coming down from a weight he just fought at... but Ginger's wheelhouse is at 168. Anyone who doesn't believe Ginger will rehydrate considerably for the GGG fight is out to lunch. Saying it's "not unthinkable" GGG could have success at 168 is just that... conjecture. No basis. The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. There is usually a reason why a fighter refuses to go up in weight even one division.

"Other fighters have beaten Canelo in Vegas"? Ok. From an argument perspective, we both know you're reaching. A grand total of TWO fighters have gotten decision wins over Ginger in Vegas. The first one gave Ginger a shutout. One of the easiest fights he's had, said so by Floyd himself. Yet one of the three judges saw it as a draw, making what should've been a wide UD into a majority decision. The other was Bivol. Not even Ginger's corrupt judges could manage to steal that one away from Bivol. I can easily imagine tears welling up in their eyes as they handed in their scorecards, which by the way were closer than warranted. So yes... other fighters have beaten Ginger in Vegas. We all know that's the only thing you care about because surrounding arguments don't mean anything to you when you're trying to make a point.

I'm not ignoring the fact that GGG would be a tough fight for anyone else other than Ginger at 160. Not "around the weight". Let's be specific here. At 160. IMO, he's got no business at 168, and Ginger will prove that point.

I will continue to reiterate the factors I've considered in stating that GGG should be a walk in the park for Ginger:

• WEIGHT - GGG has fought his entire career at 160. He hasn't ventured to 168 for a reason. You can argue till the cows come home that he'll do ok there. It's an unknown. By contrast, Ginger has fought as high as 175. His younger body is more capable of going up and down in weight. You can bet he'll rehydrate to where he's very much bigger than GGG at fight night.
    • AGE - Mentioning GGG's two titles has nothing to do with the fact that he's 40 years old, an age that all boxing experts agree is way past a boxer's prime. This shouldn't even be up for discussion. Ginger on the other hand is in his prime. Case closed.
    • PRECEDENTS - What more proof do you need than their first two fights? GGG was robbed in the first one, as have many other fighters before him. It's a given that Ginger doesn't lose decisions in Vegas. Only Floyd and Bivol accomplished that... and I've already explained the reasons why.

So basically you have an over-the-hill fighter, who has already been screwed twice in Vegas against this very same fighter... is moving up in weight for the first time... who KNOWS he needs a knockout to beat Ginger in Vegas...
    am I leaving something out?

By the way, knowing you need a knockout to win basically changes your whole fight strategy. You take more chances... you become more offensive, sacrificing a bit of your defense.
    This is what leads me to believe that this time Ginger will win by knockout.

From here on out I will just copy/paste my reasons. I'm getting tired of typing.
    i named five guys from one sixty & you only mention a guy from one fifty four. why the need to compare one sixty to one forty seven? i named five guys from one sixty for you. if you need to examine the guys i named individually so you can make an informed decision i understand, i just hope you didn't ignore the names i posted on purpose. out of the guys i named i'd have zhanibek as fifty fifty against ggg next, i might even have him as a slight favourite. the other guys i mentioned favour ggg if they were fighting next. i also thought ggg won the first fight, i thought canelo won the second fight. what other fighters do you believe were robbed against canelo in vegas? i've agreed in this very thread that ggg has slipped, i use ggg's title unification fight with ryota to show that ggg is still performing at a high level. ryota is not elite but he is a tough guy & a decent fighter, he came in holding a title & having beaten everyone he had faced, ryota was a credible opponent. one sixty might not have the talent of one forty seven but there are not many fighters from one fifty four to one sixty eight that i'd favour over ggg if they fought next. canelo will probably rehydrate to bigger than ggg but if he makes the weight at the weigh in i have no issues. there is basis for ggg having success at super middleweight, he has already fought & won there. it is not a fact that ggg has fought at 160 for his entire career, you are wrong, the steve rolls fight was at super middleweight. ggg hasn't refused to go up in weight, he has already fought at super middleweight. other fighters have beaten canelo in vegas, that is a fact. canelo lost his last fight in vegas, another fact. i say around the weight because canelo v ggg three is set for super middleweight & have asked you previously about who you favour over ggg from one fifty four to one sixty eight. that is around the weight. i am being specific, you are the only one talking about one sixty alone, i am talking about one fifty four to one sixty eight. as for you list, your first statement is wrong, ggg has already fought at super middleweight. what is the reason ggg hasn't ventured to one sixty eight? ggg has already done okay at super middleweight, it is not an unknown. canelo has fought as high as light heavyweight. canelo's body is younger & probably more capable of going up & down in weight but who are you comparing this to? ggg went back down from super middleweight after the steve rolls fight. also it is natural that as one ages their weight also increases, so ggg may find not having to cut to one sixty beneficial. i agree that canelo will probably rehydrate to much bigger than ggg on fight night, for me if both fighters make the weight at the weigh in then i have no issues. age, mentioning the titles has everything to do with the fact that ggg is forty. i've never said that ggg isn't past his prime. not many fighters are unifying at forty. it's a small list. for me it shows ggg is still performing at a high level & would be a difficult fight for anyone from one fifty four to one sixty eight if they fought him next. i disagree that canelo is in his prime, i feel he has also slipped. i thought ggg won the first fight also, i thought canelo won the second. who are the many other fighters that you feel were robbed before ggg? it is not a given that canelo doesn't lose decisions in vegas, that is a blatant lie. it's a fact that canelo has lost decisions in vegas. basically you feel ggg is over the hill, i disagree, i feel ggg is passed his prime but still a difficult fight for anyone from one fifty four to one sixty eight. you feel ggg was screwed twice in vegas against canelo, i feel it's one a piece. you are wrong that ggg is moving up for the first time. you feel ggg needs a knockout to beat canelo in vegas, i disagree, as other fighters have got decisions over canelo in vegas, including canelo's very last fight. i don't believe ggg thinks he needs a knockout to win & will come in with a game plan he thinks will best get the victory. i think canelo could get a knockout here but i can also see several other scenario's, a tough fight with a decision for either is not beyond the realms of possibility for me. we'll just have to wait at see. cut & paste all you like but please leave out the lies & incorrect statements

As usual you'll cling onto insignificant details to prove your bullshit points. GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Rolls weighed 163.8. You want to use that to crow about GGG fighting at super middle? Go right ahead. It makes you look foolish, but since when has that stopped you?

Differences of opinions are not "lies." This is a boxing forum. Learn to deal with other people's opinions. This isn't your neighborhood playground.

I already said my peace. You think Ginger beating GGG this time around is a greater accomplishment than I do. End of.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd put Jermell at 50/50 against GGG at 160. Jermell would be moving up to MW for the first time, so there's that. The rest of the guys, I'd have to examine individually. Like I said, 160 is way lesser than 147 in terms of quality right now... so any fighter where I'd favor GGG at 160 isn't a glowing endorsement of GGG, as it is a slight on the general quality of fighters at the top of the division at the moment.

So you wouldn't call a Ginger win a remarkable achievement, but rather a very good win. Fair enough. My opinion's different. If there hadn't already been a precedent, I might be inclined to agree. But they've already fought twice. The first time GGG was robbed, as have other fighters that have fought Ginger in Vegas.

I continue to mention GGG's age, because it's common knowledge that a fighter at age 40, especially below heavyweight, is pretty much beyond his prime. You use the titles to counterargue the age... and I just don't see the relevancy. I've already spoken as to the state of 160 nowadays vs let's say... 147. There's no comparison. Logic tells me that if 160 had the same amount of talent at the top as 147 does now, it's entirely feasible GGG doesn't have any belts today.

Weight is a no-brainer. Ginger may be coming down from a weight he just fought at... but Ginger's wheelhouse is at 168. Anyone who doesn't believe Ginger will rehydrate considerably for the GGG fight is out to lunch. Saying it's "not unthinkable" GGG could have success at 168 is just that... conjecture. No basis. The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. There is usually a reason why a fighter refuses to go up in weight even one division.

"Other fighters have beaten Canelo in Vegas"? Ok. From an argument perspective, we both know you're reaching. A grand total of TWO fighters have gotten decision wins over Ginger in Vegas. The first one gave Ginger a shutout. One of the easiest fights he's had, said so by Floyd himself. Yet one of the three judges saw it as a draw, making what should've been a wide UD into a majority decision. The other was Bivol. Not even Ginger's corrupt judges could manage to steal that one away from Bivol. I can easily imagine tears welling up in their eyes as they handed in their scorecards, which by the way were closer than warranted. So yes... other fighters have beaten Ginger in Vegas. We all know that's the only thing you care about because surrounding arguments don't mean anything to you when you're trying to make a point.

I'm not ignoring the fact that GGG would be a tough fight for anyone else other than Ginger at 160. Not "around the weight". Let's be specific here. At 160. IMO, he's got no business at 168, and Ginger will prove that point.

I will continue to reiterate the factors I've considered in stating that GGG should be a walk in the park for Ginger:

• WEIGHT - GGG has fought his entire career at 160. He hasn't ventured to 168 for a reason. You can argue till the cows come home that he'll do ok there. It's an unknown. By contrast, Ginger has fought as high as 175. His younger body is more capable of going up and down in weight. You can bet he'll rehydrate to where he's very much bigger than GGG at fight night.
    • AGE - Mentioning GGG's two titles has nothing to do with the fact that he's 40 years old, an age that all boxing experts agree is way past a boxer's prime. This shouldn't even be up for discussion. Ginger on the other hand is in his prime. Case closed.
    • PRECEDENTS - What more proof do you need than their first two fights? GGG was robbed in the first one, as have many other fighters before him. It's a given that Ginger doesn't lose decisions in Vegas. Only Floyd and Bivol accomplished that... and I've already explained the reasons why.

So basically you have an over-the-hill fighter, who has already been screwed twice in Vegas against this very same fighter... is moving up in weight for the first time... who KNOWS he needs a knockout to beat Ginger in Vegas...
    am I leaving something out?

By the way, knowing you need a knockout to win basically changes your whole fight strategy. You take more chances... you become more offensive, sacrificing a bit of your defense.
    This is what leads me to believe that this time Ginger will win by knockout.

From here on out I will just copy/paste my reasons. I'm getting tired of typing.
    i named five guys from one sixty & you only mention a guy from one fifty four. why the need to compare one sixty to one forty seven? i named five guys from one sixty for you. if you need to examine the guys i named individually so you can make an informed decision i understand, i just hope you didn't ignore the names i posted on purpose. out of the guys i named i'd have zhanibek as fifty fifty against ggg next, i might even have him as a slight favourite. the other guys i mentioned favour ggg if they were fighting next. i also thought ggg won the first fight, i thought canelo won the second fight. what other fighters do you believe were robbed against canelo in vegas? i've agreed in this very thread that ggg has slipped, i use ggg's title unification fight with ryota to show that ggg is still performing at a high level. ryota is not elite but he is a tough guy & a decent fighter, he came in holding a title & having beaten everyone he had faced, ryota was a credible opponent. one sixty might not have the talent of one forty seven but there are not many fighters from one fifty four to one sixty eight that i'd favour over ggg if they fought next. canelo will probably rehydrate to bigger than ggg but if he makes the weight at the weigh in i have no issues. there is basis for ggg having success at super middleweight, he has already fought & won there. it is not a fact that ggg has fought at 160 for his entire career, you are wrong, the steve rolls fight was at super middleweight. ggg hasn't refused to go up in weight, he has already fought at super middleweight. other fighters have beaten canelo in vegas, that is a fact. canelo lost his last fight in vegas, another fact. i say around the weight because canelo v ggg three is set for super middleweight & have asked you previously about who you favour over ggg from one fifty four to one sixty eight. that is around the weight. i am being specific, you are the only one talking about one sixty alone, i am talking about one fifty four to one sixty eight. as for you list, your first statement is wrong, ggg has already fought at super middleweight. what is the reason ggg hasn't ventured to one sixty eight? ggg has already done okay at super middleweight, it is not an unknown. canelo has fought as high as light heavyweight. canelo's body is younger & probably more capable of going up & down in weight but who are you comparing this to? ggg went back down from super middleweight after the steve rolls fight. also it is natural that as one ages their weight also increases, so ggg may find not having to cut to one sixty beneficial. i agree that canelo will probably rehydrate to much bigger than ggg on fight night, for me if both fighters make the weight at the weigh in then i have no issues. age, mentioning the titles has everything to do with the fact that ggg is forty. i've never said that ggg isn't past his prime. not many fighters are unifying at forty. it's a small list. for me it shows ggg is still performing at a high level & would be a difficult fight for anyone from one fifty four to one sixty eight if they fought him next. i disagree that canelo is in his prime, i feel he has also slipped. i thought ggg won the first fight also, i thought canelo won the second. who are the many other fighters that you feel were robbed before ggg? it is not a given that canelo doesn't lose decisions in vegas, that is a blatant lie. it's a fact that canelo has lost decisions in vegas. basically you feel ggg is over the hill, i disagree, i feel ggg is passed his prime but still a difficult fight for anyone from one fifty four to one sixty eight. you feel ggg was screwed twice in vegas against canelo, i feel it's one a piece. you are wrong that ggg is moving up for the first time. you feel ggg needs a knockout to beat canelo in vegas, i disagree, as other fighters have got decisions over canelo in vegas, including canelo's very last fight. i don't believe ggg thinks he needs a knockout to win & will come in with a game plan he thinks will best get the victory. i think canelo could get a knockout here but i can also see several other scenario's, a tough fight with a decision for either is not beyond the realms of possibility for me. we'll just have to wait at see. cut & paste all you like but please leave out the lies & incorrect statements

As usual you'll cling onto insignificant details to prove your bullshit points. GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Rolls weighed 163.8. You want to use that to crow about GGG fighting at super middle? Go right ahead. It makes you look foolish, but since when has that stopped you?

Differences of opinions are not "lies." This is a boxing forum. Learn to deal with other people's opinions. This isn't your neighborhood playground.

I already said my peace. You think Ginger beating GGG this time around is a greater accomplishment than I do. End of.
    what weight division is one sixty three point eight? you are the one making yourself look foolish, i am just correcting you where you are wrong. saying it is a given that canelo doesn't lose decisions in vegas is a lie, it's a fact canelo has lost decisions in vegas. i think anyone beating ggg next from one fifty four to one sixty eight would be a very good accomplishment
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what weight division is one sixty three point eight? you are the one making yourself look foolish, i am just correcting you where you are wrong. saying it is a given that canelo doesn't lose decisions in vegas is a lie, it's a fact canelo has lost decisions in vegas. i think anyone beating ggg next from one fifty four to one sixty eight would be a very good accomplishment

You're not a child. You know that GGG fighting one fight in his entire career weighing in at 163 doesn't amount to him being a bonafide super middle. But you act like a child when you hang onto that insignificant detail to make an asinine point.

Ginger has won TWO whole decisions in Vegas. I detailed the circumstances of both. But again you act like a child and use those two aberrations to make your point, when I've already explained the circumstances of each.

You're preparing the terrain to crow about the certain Ginger victory as a legacy building fight.

I'm here to correct you and tell you it's a given. Ginger gets no credit for beating the smaller, older man who Ginger has already robbed with Vegas judges.

You keep posting. We'll fill the thread with your bullshit.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not a child. You know that GGG fighting one fight in his entire career weighing in at 163 doesn't amount to him being a bonafide super middle. But you act like a child when you hang onto that insignificant detail to make an asinine point.

Ginger has won TWO whole decisions in Vegas. I detailed the circumstances of both. But again you act like a child and use those two aberrations to make your point, when I've already explained the circumstances of each.

You're preparing the terrain to crow about the certain Ginger victory as a legacy building fight.

I'm here to correct you and tell you it's a given. Ginger gets no credit for beating the smaller, older man who Ginger has already robbed with Vegas judges.

where did i say ggg is a bonafide super middle? you said, the fact is ggg has fought at one sixty for his entire career. that is not a fact & you are wrong. what weight division is one sixty three? you are too full of hubris to even admit you are wrong. canelo has won more than two decisions in vegas, you don't even know what you are saying. canelo has lost two decisions in vegas, so to say it is a given that canelo doesn't lose decisions in vegas is a lie because it's a fact canelo has losts decisions in vegas. i've already told you i think this is a difficult fight for both guys & have said if canelo wins i'll call it a very good victory, the legacy building stuff is all you & you'll never hear me say that in regards to this fight. in your opinion it's a given, not mine. canelo will get no credit from you for this fight, he'll get credit from me, as will ggg should he win. you are the only one posting bullshit, you've made incorrect statements & told blatant lies
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where did i say ggg is a bonafide super middle? you said, the fact is ggg has fought at one sixty for his entire career. that is not a fact & you are wrong. what weight division is one sixty three? you are too full of hubris to even admit you are wrong. canelo has won more than two decisions in vegas, you don't even know what you are saying. canelo has lost two decisions in vegas, so to say it is a given that canelo doesn't lose decisions in vegas is a lie because it's a fact canelo has losts decisions in vegas. i've already told you i think this is a difficult fight for both guys & have said if canelo wins i'll call it a very good victory, the legacy building stuff is all you & you'll never hear me say that in regards to this fight. in your opinion it's a given, not mine. canelo will get no credit from you for this fight, he'll get credit from me, as will ggg should he win. you are the only one posting bullshit, you've made incorrect statements & told blatant lies

Nitpicking bullshit details is not arguing. It's acting like a child. You presumably know what the purpose of the argument is. But you choose to hang on to bullshit, insignificant details to try to make your bullshit argument.

Go ahead and get the last word in, lest you hold your breath till you turn blue.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nitpicking bullshit details is not arguing. It's acting like a child. You presumably know what the purpose of the argument is. But you choose to hang on to bullshit, insignificant details to try to make your bullshit argument.

Go ahead and get the last word in, lest you hold your breath till you turn blue.
    still can't admit you're wrong? it is not nitpicking, you are wrong & lying. what weight class is one sixty three? you said, the fact is ggg has fought at one sixty for his entire career. you are wrong. you also said canelo has won two decisions in vegas, wrong again. say it is a given that canelo doesn't lose decisions in vegas is a lie because it's a fact canelo has lost decisions in vegas. i feel you are basically a boxing casual these days

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you also said canelo has won two decisions in vegas, wrong again.

Obvious mistake by me, when you know full well I meant he had lost two decisions in Vegas.

Only losers pick on keyboard slipups because they have nothing else to bring to the conversation.

Proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that, like the petulant child you are, you continue grasping at straws.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here... you win the Golden Pacifier Award.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you also said canelo has won two decisions in vegas, wrong again.

Obvious mistake by me, when you know full well I meant he had lost two decisions in Vegas.

Only losers pick on keyboard slipups because they have nothing else to bring to the conversation.

Proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that, like the petulant child you are, you continue grasping at straws.
    i'm happy to let that one go because you have admitted it was a mistake. what about your claim, the fact is ggg has fought at one sixty for his entire career? what weight class is one sixty three? able to admit you were wrong yet? what about your lie or incorrect statement that it is a given that canelo doesn't lose decisions in vegas? able to admit that statement is wrong or you are lying yet? it is clearly not a given because canelo lost his last fight by decision in vegas. just be a man & admit you are wrong, it's not that hard, i won't think any less of you

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

whats the argument being made, that Canelo is (or isnt?) a bona fide middleweight? Honestly trying to follow it here.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    whats the argument being made, that Canelo is (or isnt?) a bona fide middleweight? Honestly trying to follow it here.
    titofan made incorrect statements & he is unable to admit he is wrong titofan made the claim, the fact is ggg has fought at one sixty for his entire career. one sixty three is not middleweight. he also made the claim, that it is a given that canelo doesn't lose decisions in vegas. canelo lost his last fight by decision in vegas, so clearly not a given. titofan can't bring himself to be humble & admit he is wrong. there is nothing wrong with being wrong, there is something wrong when he can't admit it

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honest question. I'll answer it as best I can.

The real point of the argument is that I claim GGG has a distinct disadvantage against Ginger because he's never been a bonafide super middle.

TIC argues that GGG has no such disadvantage, because GGG has fought at super middle.

I counter that having fought ONE fight at 163 hardly makes him a bonafide super middle... and thus the disadvantage argument holds.

TIC latches onto my having said that GGG has never fought at super middle as a mistake (pretty much like a dog with a bone)... and uses that technicality to try and build his argument that GGG is a legitimate super middle and thus a threat to Ginger. (Perfect example of Flawed Reasoning).

In reality, TIC is now more focused on my mistake, rather than the real point of the argument which is what I mentioned earlier.

It explains why none of the veterans here like to argue anything with TIC.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I'll reiterate my points as to why GGG is a walk in the park for Ginger, and why Ginger gets no credit from me for beating GGG this time around.

1. GGG is not a bonafide super middle. He fought exactly ONE fight at 163, which demostrates he's not comfortable at 168. Meanwhile, Ginger has TWICE fought at 175, and is perfectly suited to fight at 168, his true weight. It's a size mismatch.
    2. GGG is 40 years old. Clear to everyone except deluded casual fans as being significantly beyond one's peak, especially at weights lower than heavyweight.
    3. Ginger has lost exactly TWO decisions in Vegas. (This time I said it right, lest TIC latch onto a keyboard mistake to further his argument). One was against Floyd, who gave him a shutout and still managed to get only a majority decision, thanks to one of Ginger's judges. The other was Bivol, who gave Ginger a comprehensive boxing lesson and the judges still managed to score it closer than it should have been.
    4. GGG was already robbed against Ginger. To expect to win a decision with Ginger's judges firmly in tow, is being pretty unrealistic. GGG's only chance is by KO, and Ginger's chin is already a proven commodity.

You're welcome.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 08-06-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honest question. I'll answer it as best I can.

The real point of the argument is that I claim GGG has a distinct disadvantage against Ginger because he's never been a bonafide super middle.

TIC argues that GGG has no such disadvantage, because GGG has fought at super middle.

I counter that having fought ONE fight at 163 hardly makes him a bonafide super middle... and thus the disadvantage argument holds.

TIC latches onto my having said that GGG has never fought at super middle as a mistake (pretty much like a dog with a bone)... and uses that technicality to try and build his argument that GGG is a legitimate super middle and thus a threat to Ginger. (Perfect example of Flawed Reasoning).

In reality, TIC is now more focused on my mistake, rather than the real point of the argument which is what I mentioned earlier.

It explains why none of the veterans here like to argue anything with TIC.
    the real point of the argument is that you think ggg is over the hill & i don't think ggg has slipped to that degree. i have already agree that canelo will probably have a size advantage come fight night. your claim, the fact is ggg has fought at one sixty for his entire career. is wrong. i have never said ggg is a legitimate super middleweight but i do believe ggg is a threat to canelo or anyone from one fifty four to one sixty eight fighting ggg at one sixty or one sixty eight

Thread Information