Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
There are those in the majority that feel GGG is getting KTFO. I can see a good argument for that view. And a good question for that crowd as well. But before we get to that question, just think how much more of a "moral defeat" it would be for Canelo if he lost --- in however manner --- clearly getting KTFO by GGG would be more embarrassing than losing to GGG on points. Remember, we're just talking about the crushingness to Cinnamon's career/legacy here (not the probability of such). I think we can all agree that if GGG knocks Canelo into a glassy-eyed stupor or worse, that THAT would be the ultimate moral defeat. But on to the original question for the majority crowd: so Canelo knocks GGG out, huh? OK fair enough, but what round are we talking here? Are we talking a first round blast-out like Lennox vs Golota? A mid-rounds grind-down like say 6-7-8? Or a "take him out to the deep blue sea" 10-11-12 round smashing like Fury/Wilder 3?
Does make you think about Canelo all but 'needing' to score the ko for complete full resolution to the trilogy and what if any level of extra pressure that creates. Let's be honest Canelo isn't exactly an all-out attacking force and hasn't been ashamed to coast on a lead or two. In fairness he does possess some calculating poise...but I wonder what irony and criticism of him simply taking a 12 round decision would open him up to. Especially since 101 year old Golovkin will be coming to the ring using a walker and a full-time nursing assistant after all. Surely, he won't go rounds let alone make the distance .

I'm gonna be honest, Spicoli. Regardless of his usual M.O., I think Canelo comes wading in this time. He knows he's bigger than Golovkin. Hell... I'd be willing to bet on a healthy weight difference by fight time. He's taken Golovkin's shots before, and knows his own beard is fairly sturdy. He's worked himself up into a lather of dislike against GGG, to the point he's said he wants to end his career. (Mind you... GGG's career is already ending... but that's beside the point ). He knows he'll have the crowd behind him, the judges behind him, etc, etc. He's coming off an embarrassment against Bivol, and he's itching to get that sour taste out of his mouth (and his followers' mouths as well). IMO, this is a perfect storm scenario and... maybe I'm one of the few who see this... but everything is perfectly set up for a KTFO win for Canelo. Once it's over, Canelo's fans will be singing his praises, like it's some kind of legacy-building victory... while I'll be on my soapbox saying what I've always said. That this was nothing but a foregone conclusion.