Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vergil Ortiz jr v Michael McKinson 6/8/22

vergil getting straight back in there against a tough guy after his illness
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: vergil ortiz jr v david avanesyan august sixth

Ooooh! Love this fight! Eddie Hearn pizzez down his leg every time someone mentions Avanesyan as a possible Conor Benn opponent.

Embarrassing isn't it?

Eddie has to get off this idea that having an 'O' is the be all and end all. Ortiz and PBC and Golden Boy are putting it on line in this one. That's what makes boxing ......risky fights. I've always felt Virgil's resume is waaay better than Ennis that don't mean he would beat Ennis but still.

Hopefully he gives Avanesyan a good hiding. sick of that bum being made out to be some boogeyman. It's like Avaneysean has got everyone shuck and scared but just because Ortiz beat Kavaliauskas and Kavaliauskas beat Avanesyan this is STILL far from certain win for him

But my gut feeling is that poor Avanesyan has waited for an opportunity for so long, and he's gonna get massacred at the first he gets. Avaneysean style ? I think he could get a career ending beating.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 05-27-2022 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Avanesyan has been brilliant beating Josh and would wipe out Conor Benn. Hope he wins as he is flying at the moment.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gervonta Davis embarrassed his upcoming opponent Rolly Romero by pushing him off the stage during their weigh-in.

A heated event culminated in Davis and Romero coming face-to-face on the stage and, when they flexed for the cameras, Romero made the mistake of doing so in the way of Davis.

‘Tank’, who is having his last fight under the guidance of Floyd Mayweather this weekend, shoved his opponent and a heated confrontation ensued.

Davis and Romero get it on for Tank’s WBA (regular) lightweight title at the Barclays Center in New York, but as you can see from the video below, the action kicked off early:

When asked why he shoved Romero after the weigh-in, Davis offered a very frank excuse.

Davis later told PBC: “I just seen him on the edge of the stage, so I pushed him.”

Romero has clearly gotten under Davis’ skin, but the unbeaten American, 26-0, does not want to knock out Romero, he wants to punish him.

He said: “He talks too much, though. I seen that he was ready. It was different from all the other times we faced off.

“Today, he looked like he’s ready. I think all the talking is over. It’s time now.

“We’re a couple of hours away, and we’re both ready to do our thing. I think I was made for this.

“This is a time when I show I’m not an average fighter. I’m definitely ready and looking forward to it.

“Hopefully, he can put up a good fight and I can show the world that I’m better than a lot of these guys that are fighting on TV.

“I want his coach to stop it so I can feel that I beat him and his coach, not just him.

“A knockout is just a lucky shot. I want to beat him up bad.”

Davis is 26-0 with 24 knockouts, but he becomes a free agent after this fight.

Eddie Hearn has already told talkSPORT he will be pursuing the 27-year-old.

Romero is 14-0 and the 26-year-old has 12 wins via knockout.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...-boxing-fight/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought for sure Ortiz Jr was done at 147 and moving up after his medical weight issue and fallout last fight . Hopefully this comes off and he's staying in division! If the old dogs won't face off let youngbloods Ennis and Ortiz crowd in and force a move. Great potential both

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

boots & vergil could help us get the errol v terence fight. both boots & vergil are in line for shots at errol & terence. the risk of fighting boots or vergil will not bring the rewards or recognition of an errol v terence fight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information