64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bivol v Beterbiev next!

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    talk is that this could land on june first
    officially official for june first. the matchroom v queensberry five v five will be on the undercard
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Today is a good day

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just want to thank Bob Arum and Top Rank for making this fight happen. We needed to see this now.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beterbiev for undisputed

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like both for beating up our best British boxers.

Beterbiev has been the most impressive and would like him to win but Bivol style is exactly how to beat him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder v Zhang is a good fight but feel sorry for Parker as he beat both and misses out on a good pay day.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Wilder v Zhang is a good fight but feel sorry for Parker as he beat both and misses out on a good pay day.
    How many times do you want Parker to fight? lol.. give the guy a rest.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Turki boutta convert me to Islam

If he keeps putting on these great fights, I think it's time for us to change from SaddoBoxing to an islamic forum soon just to thank him. I hope they declare jihad against the corrupt boxing orgs like the WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO and all the corrupt boxing promoters

Inshallah !!!!

DEATH TO THE SHIITES !!

Turki is single-handedly saving boxing right now

Trust me - God is real and he's a turkey

As to the Bivol v Beterbiev fight - What's the most fascinating to me in this fight is the extremes of what we have seen before:-

• NO ONE has been able to nullify Beterbiev's offence and ability to cut off the ring
    • NO ONE has been able to nullify Bivol's control of range and fight tempo

Something has to give

Whoever wins, people will act like that person winning was obvious from the start and they they are in different leagues.

For Bivol to win he has to be able to not only move fluidly, (as he is known for) he has to have a phenomenal inside game (short hooks, uppercuts, up-hooks, clinch/hit ) and he has to have enough power to (temporarily) stop Beterbiev's forward progress to get his shots off and move out. You don't need an iron chin to beat Beterbiev (as despite his KO record, he's not a "lights out" type puncher) but you have to be A level in most boxing skills and strength.

Beterbiev doesn't merge his defence and offence particularly well; when his opponent throws he simply stands off, waits for them to stop and then continues his onslaught so I see Bivol sustaining his combos to disrupt the flow and rhythm of Beterbiev, forcing him to reset and restart.

He has done it time and time again. Zurdo is a big man with a good chin, but he couldn't keep coming forward because Bivol's combos were forcing him back. Canelo has a good chin, but he too was being forced back. He made Canelo look like a journeyman. Since then notice Ginger has started the "I'll fight who I want, when I want, if I want" approach

Bivol knows exactly what he's getting himself into and he will be prepared for everything.

Both fighters have ice-cold poker faces and very rarely show any kind of frustration / lack of composure in the ring - but I suspect if anyone can bring it out of the other, it's the other..

But I hope Bivol doesn't get robbed on the cards by the biased Saudis who want a Muslim to win.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 04-17-2024 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that raymond ford v nick ball fight is excellent. both guys have had big fights this year. this fight holds a lot of appeal

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely feeling a tickle in my throat on this Saturday. Likely have to miss work, what a shame . Great main event and I'm all over the map picking. I think Beterbiev has actually improved his speed and punch mix when it comes to distance to closing down the range. Not much orthodox when he gets the choppy short combos flowing and while he's not a one n' done puncher, his shots last. They sit on and sap a fighter like very few today. And he does not neglect the body...or hips and thighs. Then again, I can see Bivol doing that spring in his step and rolling straight 1,2,3 combos like he does best now. The guy is a highly disciplined kangaroo ffs with ice water in his veins. Keeping Beterbiev resetting makes perfect sense and he keeps tight corners while turning an opponent. He can twist a guy's feet up badly while staying out of the wheelhouse. But on perimeter issues I wonder in a way if Bivol has had it too comfortable, by no fault of his own but full credit, considering the style and full package Beterbiev will show. Bivol always keeps a high volume and has a blueprint on ring awareness and managing literal real estate in there. But he hasn't been beat up save for a Joe Smith bomb and hardly pressed and forced into a fluid firefight. I worry about his inside game beyond the always fluid straighter punches. They do tend to repeat themselves. Simply put I have no idea who is winning this but full respect and appreciation that we're getting two of the sports consummate professionals putting everything on the line. Boxing needs this fight it's one of the best no bullshit unifications we've had in a very very long time.

It will be some interesting viewing. Nothing firm but it sounds like a dual platform night with Dazn doing the PPV "undercard" and Bivol v Beterbiev being a one off on Espn+. Not exactly sure how that will unfold. The last ppv dazn had stretched until near or on midnight here before the main kicked off and the two being competitors should be unique. No price on ppv portion yet but maybe $40-50 and we're all in. The 5 vs 5 format is one to build on, but seeing Wilder with matchroom is weird as shit . That fight and Ball vs Ford are very solid. While we're at it let's have a hand for the activity level of both Ball and Ford. Literally right back into the fire for both!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a great fight. Don't want to say anything to jinx it just hope it delivers on it's potential. Telling that this feels like such a treat, rather than a natural fight to make that hits all the right notes. Don't want to sound like an old fart but it says a lot about this era.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information