Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you’re Haney, who do you want?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If you’re Haney, who do you want?

I know there is a rematch clause but that’s going to be a hard sell with how one sided that fight was. If putting off the rematch is an option and everyone wanted to fight who would you choose

Garcia-money
    Loma-Legacy
    Tank-more money, legit sales on PPV money
    Kambosos-not sure what the benefit here would be

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If you’re Haney, who do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I know there is a rematch clause but that’s going to be a hard sell with how one sided that fight was. If putting off the rematch is an option and everyone wanted to fight who would you choose

Garcia-money
    Loma-Legacy
    Tank-more money, legit sales on PPV money
    Kambosos-not sure what the benefit here would be
    Garcia now. Good fight for both of them.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whoever brings the most money but I would not mind Teófimo López.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wonder if skirting the rematch..needs to happen..might be used by one of the alphabet soup groups to strip Haney. For entertainment purposes Ryan would be it but I'm convinced his head still isn't screwed on right. He may even f'up the made fight with Fortuna again. Loma and Haney for all the marbles is nice. Imo I cannot see Haney standing up to Davis for 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tank definitely makes the most sense right now, like you said PPV worthy ; Loma when is possible ; Garcia rather if than when possible ; Shakur would be interesting in the future.
    Last edited by iwng100; 06-06-2022 at 03:57 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma has the best chance to beat him but I think Haney is just a little too big/long and talented for Loma. Tank is not consistent enough throughout a fight to beat Haney, who will stay disciplined and use his feet and jab to keep Tank out of position. I think Garcia is a bit of a hype job, if I’m being honest- more reality star/influencer than fighter. The order I would like the fights to unfold is:

1. Tank vs Garcia (Tank) and Haney vs Loma (Haney)
    2. Tank vs Haney (Haney)
    3. Haney vs Shakur Stevenson

The only two I see having a chance to beat Devin are Loma and Shakur, although I think the layoff and war in Ukraine has likely dismissed Loma and his chances. I don’t want to see the Kambosas rematch, I just can’t think of anything George can do to make the rematch go differently.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia - Hangs his chin in the air and closes his eyes when he punches the bag. His emotional/mental instability can make him an easy money showcase for Haney. He's currently still adjusting to a new trainer as well.

Kambosos- Give people a chance to forget the drubbing and let Kambosos beat someone solid convincingly. Fulfill your contract and use Kambosos to train for Loma. Kambosos tried to emulate Loma a little bit with Lopez only doing everything a little faster/busier than Loma, albeit rather sloppy. Doesn't have enough power to worry Haney. It prolongs your reign and anyone who wants to skip the line has to pay step aside money to Kambosos. Kambosos will probably push for the fight to keep his celebrity status in his country and stave off the Jeff Horn comparisons if they haven't already set in.

Loma- At his best, a complex fighter who's angles and footwork can give people fits; Now rusty and undersized, I feel. Smart enough to be a wild card and outwork a guy who's not focused but I think he's done personally. He was done when he slacked off before the lopez fight and started drifting cars, fishing and doing watch endorsements and his own apparel and equipment. Took his eyes off the ball for a second and found himself on the outside looking in. I know he supposedly had an injury etc. but I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw him in a ring again as a fighter.

Tank- I actually think at this point, Loma might be able to find lots of holes in tanks game and grease passed him for a win. That being said. Tanks got time on his hands and lot of potential at this point. Obviously his delivery and method need some work. But if he somehow found himself maturing, his potential goes up significantly. He's the got the pop to hurt and finish Haney if he's right.

Stevenson- sharp, methodical and huge at the weight. They better pay you a lot to fight this guy. Beat those other guys and take the lions share, at least, for this long snoozer of an overly tactical chess match. Haney has the speed advantage, Stevenson can eventually walk him down and do the damage.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Given that choice it'd be between Loma and Davis. No way Kambosos deserves a rematch. He's nowhere in Haney's class and a rematch would be pointless.

Ryan? Nah. I only want Ryan to fight Davis and watch Tank blow that fake crown off his head.

Lopez isn't out of the question for me. Like the others sans Ryan, he's paid his dues with some good wars.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn’t mean to dismiss Lopez, I just thought he had outgrown 135. If he can make 135 he should definitely be considered. Any man that beats Loma is top notch, if they take a loss or not elsewhere still top notch.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I would quite like to see Haney fight Tank. Would be an interesting fight.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having been there and up close, it was very clear Haney held a huge reach advantage over Kambosos and he fought a smarter fight. Kambosos wants fighters to be in there mixing it with him, Haney simply outboxed him from start to finish not allowing him to get in close. Haney will do the same to Tank and Lopez who are perfect for Kambosos. Haney is very good, he works on the hit and not be hit method, he stuck Kambosos with three or four jabs in a row and was gone before the counter came...I can see the same frustrations occurring with Tank or Lopez. A rematch is a waste of time, Haney will do the same thing again, his options are plentiful though, Tank, Garcia, Lomo, Stevenson and Lopez? He will definitely go up to 140lb within a year or two, but he's only 23yrs old! There is no rush, it's going to be very difficult for anyone to beat him in that time.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If i was Haney I'd just do the rematch v kambosas (if he wants it), it's contracted and he'd win, so he'd get paid, get a world title defense in to pad the stats and be ready for whoever wants it next. Haney is young still so he doesn't need to rush, he's got the time and he's got the belts. I'd hope to get the rematch out of the way quickly and then let the challengers come to me... I'd try to get a good deal out of lomachenko after the rematch, he's top class but also getting a bit older and not a big lad at this weight class.

Obviously as a fan it'd be cool to see him v any of the top guys but the young git has time, I'd like to see him v Davis and/or lomachenko in the near future.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I’m Haney I’d go for Loma if it can be done because I’d consider it a good matchup with the reach and speed advantage. And it’s a bit of legacy that can’t be acquired 2 years down the road.

As a boxing fan though there are few fights that intrigue me more than Haney vs Tank.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    If I’m Haney I’d go for Loma if it can be done because I’d consider it a good matchup with the reach and speed advantage. And it’s a bit of legacy that can’t be acquired 2 years down the road.

As a boxing fan though there are few fights that intrigue me more than Haney vs Tank.
    Have to wonder how Haney would do with the turning footwork and inside work of Loma. Haney won't get those opportunities to clinch off the lead so much. Actually love that he won, it feels like the division is finally feeding it's potential to explode. Many great match ups!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd welcome any of Haney or Tank vs Garcia/Lopez
    With the winners meeting.

It seems Tank doesn't have many fans around here but I think he might be the best of the lot. Maybe Haney's size and style gives him problems, but he is a big danger for them all.

Loma is currently, seemingly tied up in Ukraine.
    Shakur moving up a little down the line to be in the mix as well.

What a great crop of talent! Let's hope they all fight one another and give us some memorable fights.

Thread Information