Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar on drugs again?

GOLDEN TICKET ‘I can’t wait to get rid of it’ – Oscar De La Hoya claims his promotion is worth $1BILLION and is ready to sell.

OSCAR DE LA HOYA claims he can't wait to get rid of Golden Boy Promotions.

The six-weight world champion reckons he is 'sitting on a billion-dollar company'.

But he's almost ready to end his career as a boxing promoter.

De La Hoya was speaking on a promotional tour for his fighter Ryan Garcia's bout with Javier Fortuna next month.

He admitted he still wants to make some big fights yet - including Garcia against Gervonta Davis.

De La Hoya told ESPN: "I'm sitting on a billion-dollar company and I can't wait to get rid of it.

"And most importantly, I can't wait to be the very first fighter ever to be inducted into the Hall of Fame as a promoter as well. These are goals that I have.

"We're sitting on a gold mine. When I'm ready to get out, the time will come.

But in the meantime, that's the reason I want to make these big fights happen. It's crucial. It's crucial for the sport.

"It's crucial for my company. It's crucial, most importantly, for the fan base."

De La Hoya recently revealed he's ready to offer huge money to Davis to make a showdown with Garcia happen.

De La Hoya told TMZ: "Tank, I know you had your last fight with Floyd Mayweather, and I respect Floyd Mayweather, and think he did a tremendous job with your career.

"But, I'm ready to offer you a multi, multi, multi, multi million-dollar offer to fight Ryan Garcia.

"It'll be the biggest purse that Tank Davis has ever made.

"We're ready and willing to split broadcasters, meaning we can have this fight on Showtime PPV and The Zone PPV.

"Let's make this fight happen.

"Everyone makes a s***load of money and we give the fight fans what they want to see."

A super fight between the pair could only happen after Garcia has faced Javier Fortuna, who he faces in LA on July 16.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18850...omotions-sale/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar on drugs again?

The answer is yes... he probably is. You just never know with Fishnets.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone offering Tank 50/50 at lightweight is on drugs. Tank is the only PPV proven fighter at LW.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George Kambosos Jr was easily outpointed in his homecoming defence against Devin Haney.
    The Melbourne encounter saw all three scorecards in favour of Haney (116-112, 116-112, 118-110) and it determined the first four-belt champion at lightweight.

There have been calls for Kambosos to move aside and allow Haney to face the biggest names in the division, including Gervonta Davis, Vasyl Lomachenko and Ryan Garcia.

However, it has been revealed by promoter Lou di Bella that Kambosos Jr WILL activate his rematch clause against Haney later this year.
    "Devin came in there and did what he needed to do, and it was a terrific performance by him. It was a boxing clinic," said Lou DiBella to ESNEWS about Haney's performance.

"I think he's going to exercise the rematch clause , yeah. "I'd be surprised if he didn't. I think the rematch will be difficult for him again, but I do think he can fight better. I do think he'll exercise the rematch clause, but it's too early."

"He took the chances and did the deal in order to do it," DiBella said about Haney. "Credit to him and his dad, Bill. "They did what they needed to do. They grabbed for that opportunity, and he made use of that opportunity and he couldn't have fought any better than he did.

"Now he's got all the belts, and he earned them. Probably at the top of the top ten. He's only a kid," said DiBella about where Haney ranks in the pound for pound list. "He's [Haney] going to have a great run ahead of him. He's a tremendous talent, and I'm ready to begin working with him going forward with Top Rank. "That jab [from Haney] was among the best I've ever seen. The young man had an incredible performance. George will be back, he's still a young man himself, but that was really a star-making performance from Devin Haney."

The proposed rematch for Kambosos Jr-Haney will now provide more optimism for the fight between Gervonta Davis and Ryan Garcia to take place.
    Promoter Oscar De La Hoya wants to give Tank a two-fight deal with one of the bouts being a multi-million dollar fight against Garcia.

Davis is regarded as one of the biggest punchers in boxing while Garcia is the most exciting fighter without a world title.

While he is yet to challenge for world honours, Garcia has delivered highlight reels throughout his career and delivered an incredible stoppage of Luke Campbell in 2020. Both fighters are undefeated and should they collide, it is guaranteed to generate huge pa-per-view numbers. Any chances of a fight between the rivals would either be towards the end of this year or next spring.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...6515d72147d1e0

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It could be argued that Haney isn't the best since he is yet to fight other standouts, including Lomachenko, Garcia and of course Gervonta. Oscar has it right about it being the most exciting fight in boxing right now, and also about Showtime PPV and The Zone PPV splitting it. Everybody will make a boatload of cash. But now with Kambo activating the rematch clause, WTF.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    It could be argued that Haney isn't the best since he is yet to fight other standouts, including Lomachenko, Garcia and of course Gervonta. Oscar has it right about it being the most exciting fight in boxing right now, and also about Showtime PPV and The Zone PPV splitting it. Everybody will make a boatload of cash. But now with Kambo activating the rematch clause, WTF.
    No way, the numbers completely disagree. A PPV regular doesn’t split 50/50 with people who have never sold a PPV. If anyone gets 70/30 from Tank it’s just because he’s feeling generous. 60/40 is Tank forcing a fight because nobody makes that money with anyone but Tank. And Tank has sold PPVs against scrubs. It sucks Tank has fought scrubs at all but they show his draw very clearly.

For example Tank vs Rolly generated 25 million $ between 20+ PPV and 5+ gate.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 06-13-2022 at 07:29 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    No way, the numbers completely disagree. A PPV regular doesn’t split 50/50 with people who have never sold a PPV. If anyone gets 70/30 from Tank it’s just because he’s feeling generous. 60/40 is Tank forcing a fight because nobody makes that money with anyone but Tank. And Tank has sold PPVs against scrubs. It sucks Tank has fought scrubs at all but they show his draw very clearly.

For example Tank vs Rolly generated 25 million $ between 20+ PPV and 5+ gate.
    good points.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BOXING legend Oscar De La Hoya was on top of the world when photos of him crossdressing went viral.

An exotic dancer took photos of De La Hoya dressed in stockings during a wild party back in 2007 and leaked them.

The American bruiser found himself in crisis mode and was desperate to make the snaps go away.

So much so, that the Golden Boy was even convinced to pay "millions of dollars" to the Russian mob as he felt they would help erase all the evidence that he thought would tarnish his image.

De La Hoya told ET: "They told me this story about the Russian mob and this and that and [how] we gotta pay millions of dollars…

"I’m like, ‘Yeah, well, just make it go away. It’s gonna ruin my image. It’s gonna ruin who the Golden Boy is, and people are gonna hate me. Just make it go away.”

De La Hoya, though, also revealed he had a "whole machine" behind him that helped him repeatedly deny the photos' authenticity until he finally admitted the truth in March.

The 50-year-old also confirmed he paid forensics to tell the public those images were Photoshopped.

The incident created issues with his marriage, however it didn't stop him from continuing to party.

The now boxing promoter, though, believes that all the press helped him sell more pay-per-views.

De La Hoya told The MMA Hour: “I have a whole machine behind me. I’m in the peak of my career, right?

"And we’re, like, ‘Holy s**t! How are we gonna make these things disappear, these photos? Let’s hire this forensic…’ I don’t know what he was.

“He was going through everything, pixel by pixel, and we convince him with money, to say that they were fake.

"And the world believed it that they were Photoshopped. And we were home free.

"And guess what happens? I’m married at the time. My wife is angry at me.

"She’s fed up with me because I’m left and right cheating on her and this and that. She convinces me to go on national TV and tell the truth.

“She wanted me to look like a fool. She wanted to get back at me. And I did it.

“I think there’s a certain feeling when you tell the truth. But what was incredible is that I was so big at the time, popular and making money and this and that, that I couldn’t do any wrong.

“I think I sold more pay-per-views because of it. Which was crazy.

“I went back [to partying]. I didn’t care. I didn’t learn a lesson, not at all. I’m, what? I’m 23, 24.

"Come on. I’m unstoppable. I’m indestructible. Nobody can take me down. You have that mentality. It’s childish, yes. But that’s exactly what I was living.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23181...ar-de-la-hoya/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But hasn't Tank beaten Garcia already?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    But hasn't Tank beaten Garcia already?

Yes. Humiliated him. Took that phony crown off his head.

You need to look at the dates of those posts. They're from over a year ago.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jake Paul has thanked Oscar De La Hoya after the boxing legend backed him to win a world title.

"Thank you Jake Paul for introducing young fans to the sport I love the most," he tweeted. "You have a lot of s*** to work on in the ring but in time I believe you will challenge for a world title." Paul thinks many fans are beginning to change their view on his world title hopes after going 10 rounds with Diaz and getting the win.

"I saw one of the first ever tweets from a super respected boxer, Oscar De La Hoya, he is the first one to put on the narrative and agreeing with me that I will be fighting for a world title," Paul said on his B/S podcast. "I think after he saw the performance of me going 10 rounds, throwing 500 punches in 10 rounds... which is more than Canelo averaged per round in his last fight, people are like 'Oh my god'.

"People are like 'Oh my god he went 10 rounds, what could he look like in three years?' because 2026 is when I'm saying I'll fight for a world title. I think this fight did something to make people finally realise that I wasn't joking. Maybe people thought I was just saying for marketing and to create hype, but maybe now they realise that I'm being dead f*****g serious."

"I believe there is beef between us still to settle. I want to fight KSI and I want to fight Tommy Fury but I'm going to focus on becoming a world champion which I've always said.

"KSI has been like 'My end goal is Jake' but to me that's just a side quest, yes there is beef but I have my vision set on a much bigger picture," Paul added.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...72b5715&ei=219

Thread Information