Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: jesse bam rodriguez v srisaket sor rungvisai june twenty fifth

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I am in rural Ireland and am having problems with the time. I logged in yesterday or maybe the day before yesterday to watch this thinking it was today but no, today appears to be today. Except it is now too late in the day today and the fight has already been fought. Will track it down on Youtube. Fuck.
    here's a youtube copy if you haven't seen it yet
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Bam deserves P4P mention, so many good young Americans right now.
    carlos cuadras & srisaket sor rungvisai were not near their primes, srisaket sor rungvisai was about a five to one underdog. bam is making the right moves & catching this division at the right time. i'd love to see bam face fernando pumita martinez, sunny edwards, junto nakatani, kenshiro teraji & hiroto kyoguchi
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    carlos cuadras & srisaket sor rungvisai were not near their primes, srisaket sor rungvisai was about a five to one underdog. bam is making the right moves & catching this division at the right time. i'd love to see bam face fernando pumita martinez, sunny edwards, junto nakatani, kenshiro teraji & hiroto kyoguchi
    He says he can fight anywhere from 108-115, wherever the biggest fight is he’ll go. I like the moxie. Hopefully he isn’t just talking(his team actually, I don’t know if he said it)

Oh, and a 108lber beating those 2 at 115 is P4P impressive any way you care to look at it

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He says he can fight anywhere from 108-115, wherever the biggest fight is he’ll go. I like the moxie. Hopefully he isn’t just talking(his team actually, I don’t know if he said it)

Oh, and a 108lber beating those 2 at 115 is P4P impressive any way you care to look at it
    bam has shown so far that he is up for challenges. bam didn't weigh one o eight for either fight. he was one fourteen for both fights. the first fight was on short notice as well. impressive? yes but neither carlos or srisaket were prime or current pound for pound top ten fighters. bam has the talent to be pound for pound, if he beats some of the guys i mentioned he'll get there

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bam has shown so far that he is up for challenges. bam didn't weigh one o eight for either fight. he was one fourteen for both fights. the first fight was on short notice as well. impressive? yes but neither carlos or srisaket were prime or current pound for pound top ten fighters. bam has the talent to be pound for pound, if he beats some of the guys i mentioned he'll get there
    I said “P4P mention”. Not anything about being on the lists

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said “P4P mention”. Not anything about being on the lists
    you also said pound for pound impressive, for me beating two past prime fighters doesn't deserve pound for pound mention or is it pound for pound impressive yet
    Last edited by TIC; 06-27-2022 at 10:30 PM.

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesse “Bam” Rodriguez put on what was both a stunning and mightily impressive performance last night, this in stopping the accomplished Srisaket Sor Rungvisai in the eighth round to retain his WBC super-flyweight title. What was seen as a pick ’em fight turned into the “Bam” Rodriguez show, as the 22 year old dropped his fellow southpaw in round seven and then finished the Thai in the next session. Now 16-0(11), Rodriguez was sensational and big, big things are expected of him.

Rungvisai, who is 35 years of age and faces a long rebuild, is now 50-6-1(43). It will be interesting seeing what he does next.

As for Rodriguez, well, superstardom seemingly awaits him. Eddie Hearn showered his fighter with all manner of praise after last night’s sizzling show. “This is the youngest champ in boxing and he already might be a pound-for-pound great,” Hearn said of Rodriguez. “He’s here for legacy; he’s here to be remembered. We live in a world of hype, it’s hard not to get too excited. From 108 to 115 pounds, I don’t think I’d back any fighter to beat him. I’m talking about some of the greats, Chocolatito, Estrada…..honestly, would you put those guys as a favourite against Bam Rodriguez? He can go down to 108, to 112, but there is not one fighter that if I put to Robert Garcia, they wouldn’t accept the challenge. He’s here for greatness.”

There are indeed some potentially great, indeed mouth-watering fights Rodriguez could feature in over the coming months and maybe we do have a brand new pound-for-pound star to rank. Rodriguez has been a pro for a little over five years yet he has achieved a lot already. “Bam” won the WBC super-flyweight title in February, when he decisioned Carlos Cuadras, and last night saw him make his first defence. And what a maiden title defence it turned out to be for the man from San Antonio!

At just 22 years of age, how much more can Rodriguez go on to accomplish?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/webco...02ac863b6ca111
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a very impressive performance from Jesse Rodriguez but the hype from the commentators seems over the top at this stage.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It was a very impressive performance from Jesse Rodriguez but the hype from the commentators seems over the top at this stage.
    Who would you favor over him from 108-115?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chocolatito, Estrada and Sunny Edwards.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chocolatito, Estrada and Sunny Edwards.
    Well, here’s hoping they fight him so you can see how wrong you are.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd think he'd hand out a whipping to Gonzalez and Estrada, sure if Gonzalez was in his Prime then little chocolate would have a good chance at winning but now.....

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I'd think he'd hand out a whipping to Gonzalez and Estrada, sure if Gonzalez was in his Prime then little chocolate would have a good chance at winning but now.....
    i'd prefer chocolatioto, el gallo & kazuto to face each other, they are all past their best but if chocolatito faces bam before the end of this year i'd pick roman

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We know Bam wants these fights. So when they don’t happen don’t just let the old guys slide with “I think …… would have…” because they wouldn’t avoid him if they thought they could beat him.

And if one of the old guys actually steps up, I will admit I was wrong

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bam and Chocolatito would be an outstanding fight on the inside but footwork and hand speed of Bam might give him nightmares. He's one of the young guys who seems to have his feet and hands totally unified, always punching with the shifts regardless of direction.

Estrada and Chocolatito need to make the 3rd meeting happen and sort it out. See who wants to hold the torch to Bam to see if Bam is ready for that step. Have to think Bam takes another fight before years end in the interim.

Thread Information