Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  166
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Terence Crawford vs Errol Spence Jr

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Terence Crawford vs Errol Spence Jr

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence v Crawford for October!

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Time to smack a zombie fight label on this one. Just becoming more convoluted. If Spence jumps up to meet Thurman at 154..as a mandatory out of division..it's the definition of mixed uncommitted signals. This fight imo loses so much clarity if both Spence and Bud go up and it leaves 147 a total open house and untested.

Then of course there's this: https://www.boxingnews24.com/2023/01...-fight-at-154/

"Spence Not Expected To Return To 147 After Thurman Fight At 154"

I mean... the man can do what he wants. For whatever reason he's decided to leave 147... that's his choice.

We should've all known that Spence-Crawford was the ultimate smoke screen and/or lights-and-mirrors show... and that it was NEVER going to happen.

Stupid us boxing fans for having even entertained the idea.

Because once Spence moves up to 154 it's "bye-bye Crawford", who hasn't even made his presence well known at 147 after having moved up from 140.

Once again... it's that quintessential phantom, mythical fight that never happens and just leaves everyone in the lurch.

I say fukk 'em.

I hope they both get smoked in their respective divisions.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence has now told On The Rocks w/ AO: “I’m trying to fight the best competition out there.

“There’s a reason why I’m trying to fight Crawford, I’m a man of my word. I’m not trying to fight anybody else but him…

“Me and Crawford are definitely in talks. We’ve been talking, so hopefully it can be me and him.”

Asked if negotiations are progressing better than last year, he said: “Yeah definitely. Me and Crawford, we’re talking directly.

“We actually were probably on the phone for 30 minutes, 40 minutes.

“We probably spent like 15 minutes talking about the negotiations part and stuff like that.

“We were just talking about getting a feel for each other, basically talking our families and current situations we have going on, stuff like that.

“Then we started talking about boxing, us fighting, negotiations.

“It went well and our teams are still negotiating, we’re having talks.

“It’s going very well.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...rawford-fight/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Spence has now told On The Rocks w/ AO: “I’m trying to fight the best competition out there.

“There’s a reason why I’m trying to fight Crawford, I’m a man of my word. I’m not trying to fight anybody else but him…

“Me and Crawford are definitely in talks. We’ve been talking, so hopefully it can be me and him.”

Asked if negotiations are progressing better than last year, he said: “Yeah definitely. Me and Crawford, we’re talking directly.

“We probably spent like 15 minutes talking about the negotiations part and stuff like that.

“We were just talking about getting a feel for each other, basically talking our families and current situations we have going on, stuff like that.

“It’s going very well.”

full of shit. we don't wnt to hear about how pally pally they are and their families etc. we just want them to fight. getting less bothered by it as each day passes.
    and for the record, I don't know whose fault it is and I don't fucking care.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The talks about Crawford/Spence only came up after Garcia/Tank. Garcia/Tank caused people to ask what about Crawford/Spence and both sides took shame and decided to tease us again with an imaginary fight.

Until I see the first press conference, at least, I'm not even paying attention to this matchup anymore. The time for it has passed.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

“It’s going very well.”

full of shit. we don't wnt to hear about how pally pally they are and their families etc. we just want them to fight. getting less bothered by it as each day passes.
    and for the record, I don't know whose fault it is and I don't fucking care.
    Sounds like they should be meeting up on an Oprah podcast discussing brunch recipes ffs . This what drives me crazy today with top guys avoiding big fights, they do all their strutting and blather on social media and fans fall in line to settle for it. As a wise man once said...shut up & fight.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

july twenty nineth?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terence Crawford and Errol Spence Jr will finally face each other this summer to fulfil one of boxing's most highly anticipated match-ups.

The undisputed welterweight title clash looked to have been a pipe dream for fans after numerous delays and postponements.

Since Crawford moved up into the welterweight division and claimed the WBO strap in 2018, he has been on a collision course with Spence.

The latter won his first belt - the IBF - in 2017 and insisted that he would claim the other two straps before facing WBO rival Crawford.

Spence has not fought since April 2022 when he knocked out Yordenis Ugas but then looked to have agreed terms with Crawford.

But again negotiations fell through and 'Bud' (39-0) made a voluntary defence of his title to beat David Avanesyan in December instead.

Now with nothing standing in either's way, the battle to be crowned the undisputed king at 147 lbs looks finally like it'll happen.

This undisputed welterweight title clash has been pencilled in for Saturday, July 29.

It is set to take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with ring walks expected around 4am on Sunday morning UK time.

UK television coverage for the fight has not yet been confirmed.

Spence told On The Rocks this month: "I'm trying to fight the best competition out there.

"There's a reason why I'm trying to fight Crawford, I'm a man of my word. I'm not trying to fight anybody else but him...

"Me and Crawford are definitely in talks.

"We've been talking, so hopefully it can be me and him."

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...lks-undercard/

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok now I believe it

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally
    Same week as Fulton vs. Inoue
    All we need now is for Beterbiev vs. Bivol & Fury vs. Usyk to get with the picture
    Putting it out there early, I'm team Crawford in this fight

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    Finally
    All we need now is for Beterbiev vs. Bivol & Fury vs. Usyk to get with the picture
    Putting it out there early, I'm team Crawford in this fight
    Hard to pull agaisnt Crawford here. The only thing that could fuck him up is if the boxing Gods that night turn against him for how he insulted Bob Arum...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence v Crawford

Spence laid down the gauntlet against his fellow American with his announcement for the fight on Instagram.

He said: "Finally giving the fans what they want❗️.

"This one a throwback fight on paper but it could be a one sided ass whooping one of the biggest fight of the century!"

Crawford's own announcement was more low-key, but just as potent.

He declared: "Time to reel in the big fish 🎣. No more talking @errolspencejr ‼️ Let’s get it 💪🏾."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22481...ate-confirmed/

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    july has some really good fights, jared anderson v zhan kossobutskiy & vergil ortiz v eimantas stanionis as well

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

potential undercard:
    isaac cruz v giovanni cabrera
    subriel matias v sergey lipinets
    jesus ramos v tbd

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    potential undercard:
    isaac cruz v giovanni cabrera
    subriel matias v sergey lipinets
    jesus ramos v tbd
    sounds like it'll be elvis rodriguez v sergey lipinets instead

Thread Information