Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  166
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Terence Crawford vs Errol Spence Jr

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Terence Crawford vs Errol Spence Jr

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Terence Crawford vs Errol Spence Jr

The closest we have ever been for this fight. I believe it can happen this year.
    https://www.si.com/boxing/2022/06/03...rks-per-report

So it WAS Arum blocking everything, acting like he couldn't make the fight.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence v Crawford for October!

Probably won’t be announced until July

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Probably won’t be announced until July
    I think it's close.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob Arum is scum. Can't wait for him to be removed from power.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman believes the welterweight division is hurt by Errol Spence Jr. and Terence Crawford holding all four belts, not allowing the other young fighters to make exciting fights.

Thurman has tried calling out Spence and Crawford for a title shot, but it’s not happening, and he’s getting old waiting for his chance.

Former WBA/WBC 147-lb champion Thurman would like to see the belts fragmented once again so that other contenders like himself can compete for them.

Unfortunately, one of the negative drawbacks to fighters like Spence and Crawford looking to unify the 147-lb division is that it reduces the opportunities for other contenders like Thurman, Jaron ‘Boots’ Ennis, Conor Benn, and Vergil Ortiz Jr. to capture belts.

Thurman (30-1, 22 KOs) was considered the #1 fighter in the welterweight division until three years ago, but he’s now beltless and aging at 33. Who knows if Thurman will win another world title in the 147-lb division?

Thurman says he may have to broaden his horizons and move up to 154 if he can’t get a shot at one of the belts at 147.

‘Thurman wants belts, and if he can’t get one at 147, I might have to move up,” said Keith Thurman to PBC Podcast, talking about his unhappiness with the titles at 147 being controlled by Errol Spence Jr. and Terence Crawford.

If Thurman moves up to 154, it might not be any easier for him to get a crack at a title in that weight class. Jermell Charlo holds all the belts at 154.

“For two champions, Errol Spence and Bud Crawford, to be holding onto all four belts right now, it just hurts the welterweight division as far as making some of the most exciting fights.

“That’s just the caliber of competition that we have in the welterweight division,” said Thurman.

“I believe a lot of fighters could be champions if there wasn’t an Errol Spence and Bud Crawford currently holding onto all the belts. If all the belts were free-floating out there, we’d have a lot of young champions out there, and there would be a lot of new action.

“We just have to wait to see what manifests in the welterweight division and how we get past this generation of everybody fighting for the crown.

“It’s not that I’m running away from the welterweight division. I’d be happy to jump back down to the welterweight division, but I’m all about good fights and proper timing.

“I seen his record and I don’t know who he’s beaten. He also has a record that matches mine,” said Thurman about Jaron ‘Boots’ Ennis. “He’s had tons of fights, but I still don’t think he’s fought, anybody.

“He’s tremendously talented, but I do think it’s going to take a world-class fighter like myself to do something against Boots Ennis. As dominant as he’s been, you can’t just put anybody against him,” said Thurman.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/webco...43072df9c956f5
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman believes the welterweight division is hurt by Errol Spence Jr. and Terence Crawford holding all four belts, not allowing the other young fighters to make exciting fights.

Thurman has tried calling out Spence and Crawford for a title shot, but it’s not happening, and he’s getting old waiting for his chance.

Former WBA/WBC 147-lb champion Thurman would like to see the belts fragmented once again so that other contenders like himself can compete for them.

Unfortunately, one of the negative drawbacks to fighters like Spence and Crawford looking to unify the 147-lb division is that it reduces the opportunities for other contenders like Thurman, Jaron ‘Boots’ Ennis, Conor Benn, and Vergil Ortiz Jr. to capture belts.

Thurman (30-1, 22 KOs) was considered the #1 fighter in the welterweight division until three years ago, but he’s now beltless and aging at 33. Who knows if Thurman will win another world title in the 147-lb division?

Thurman says he may have to broaden his horizons and move up to 154 if he can’t get a shot at one of the belts at 147.

‘Thurman wants belts, and if he can’t get one at 147, I might have to move up,” said Keith Thurman to PBC Podcast, talking about his unhappiness with the titles at 147 being controlled by Errol Spence Jr. and Terence Crawford.

If Thurman moves up to 154, it might not be any easier for him to get a crack at a title in that weight class. Jermell Charlo holds all the belts at 154.

“For two champions, Errol Spence and Bud Crawford, to be holding onto all four belts right now, it just hurts the welterweight division as far as making some of the most exciting fights.

“That’s just the caliber of competition that we have in the welterweight division,” said Thurman.

“I believe a lot of fighters could be champions if there wasn’t an Errol Spence and Bud Crawford currently holding onto all the belts. If all the belts were free-floating out there, we’d have a lot of young champions out there, and there would be a lot of new action.

“We just have to wait to see what manifests in the welterweight division and how we get past this generation of everybody fighting for the crown.

“It’s not that I’m running away from the welterweight division. I’d be happy to jump back down to the welterweight division, but I’m all about good fights and proper timing.

“I seen his record and I don’t know who he’s beaten. He also has a record that matches mine,” said Thurman about Jaron ‘Boots’ Ennis. “He’s had tons of fights, but I still don’t think he’s fought, anybody.

“He’s tremendously talented, but I do think it’s going to take a world-class fighter like myself to do something against Boots Ennis. As dominant as he’s been, you can’t just put anybody against him,” said Thurman.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/webco...43072df9c956f5
    Thurman should shut up and fight Boots if he wants a title shot. Since he lost his belt he has 1 win in 3 years and it was against a guy coming off a KO loss and moving up a division. He doesn’t deserve a title shot.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree. Also I don't get what his beef is about Spence and Crawford "holding all the belts."

He seems a bit out of touch there. A cursory look at the belt holders in all other divisions will show that in most divisions the belts are all held by either one or two fighters. So I don't get his complaint.

I sort of doubt he wants to put himself out there against the young, wrecking ball in Boots Ennis. At least not without a title on the line.

But no... he needs to re-earn his shot. He's been the model of inactivity since 2016... and he ain't winning too many fans that way.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

keith should just go after eimantas stanionis but that ain't an easy fight either. i heard terence is wanting a rematch clause
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errol Spence Jr will likely go toe-to-toe with Terence Crawford in October for an undisputed bout for the welterweight championship.

Both boxers have a 100% record heading into a potential fight, so something would have to give. Spence has a 28-0-0 record with Crawford boasting a 38-0-0 record.

Spence holds the WBC, IBF, WBA welterweight belts with Crawford offering up the WBO belt if the undisputed clash does go ahead in a few months.

It’s certainly going to be an intriguing fight should it happen, with both fighters away from the ring for a while, it’s been almost a year since Crawford’s last fight and half a year for Spence.

An all American clash would see two southpaws go at it in an intriguing battle, both fighters are regarded as some of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world right now, so the entire boxing community will have their eyes on this one.

Canelo Alvarez, who is in training for a third fight with Gennady Golovkin in September, was asked about the potential undisputed welterweight clash and seemed to be looking forward to it like the rest of us.

He was asked for his thoughts on the fight, going on to claim: “It’s going to be a really good fight, but I think, Spence is a really good fighter, but I think Crawford is.”

After that he was asked for this opinion on Crawford’s style and whether or not he would keep his southpaw stance: “He can switch that, I think he’s better.”

The interviewer finished off with a simple question, ‘Do you still think you favour Spence?’ To which Canelo replied: “No no, Crawford!”

It’s hard to argue with Canelo on the quality of the fight, Crawford has defended his WBO belt five times since winning it back in June 2018, most recently beating Shawn Porter with a KO in round 10 back in November.

On the other hand, Spence defended his WBC and IBF belts when he beat Yordenis Ugas to claim the WBA belt and put him just one fight away from the undisputed tag in the welterweight division.

We don’t know who will win the fight or when it will be, but with two of the best pound-for-pound fighters about, we know it won’t be one you’ll want to miss! Especially when both fighters have good KO percentages.

From his 38 wins, Crawford has 29 knockouts which comes in at 76%, whilst Spence has 22 from his 28 wins which comes in at 78%, could we see a knockout in this eagerly anticipated bout?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d9e40d94e41c86

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steady as we go hope they stay on course or breakdowns in negotiations, early on I'm pulling for and favoring Spence

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Steady as we go hope they stay on course or breakdowns in negotiations, early on I'm pulling for and favoring Spence
    It’s done, the PBC just has other fights to announce before Spence v Crawford takes all the air out of the room. Like I said in the beginning, it should be announced in the first few days of July

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Starting to sound like Crawford will price himself out. I’ve been a Crawford apologist because he has done a lot more than others who people just let get away with anything. But if Crawford doesn’t make this fight I will turn on him same as I did GGG when he kept making crap fights.

Hoping they are just building drama but time is running out before Spence’s mandatory is ordered

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ERROL SPENCE JR and Terence Crawford are closing in on a November undisputed welterweight super-fight in Las Vegas.

The pair of unbeaten champions have shared the top of the division for the past four years.

But differing TV networks and promotional stables stood in the way of one of boxing's most fascinating fights.

That was until Crawford, 34, in November walked out on Bob Arum and the legendary promoter's Top Rank banner.

It allowed the three-division champ to negotiate with Spence's Premier Boxing Champions backers as a free agent.

And according to ESPN, a deal is close to being struck with no obstacles in the way of reaching an agreement.

Crawford, a pound-for-pound star, beat Shawn Porter, 34, in 11 rounds eight months ago, but has not returned since.

Whereas Spence, 32, in April took ten rounds to beat Cuban Yordenis Ugas, 36, into submission.

That night, he also added the WBA belt to the WBC and IBF titles he took into the unification.

It leaves Crawford's WBO strap as the only missing piece in Spence's collection, making the bout a rare undisputed fight.

The Texan was recently probed on how talks are developing for the all-American unification.

And Spence told Fight Hub: “It’s closer now than it’s ever been. If it don’t happen now, it’s never going to happen.

“It’s way closer than it used to be. I think it’s definitely going to happen.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19220...d-fight-vegas/

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even though Spence is my favorite fighter, he is the truth, I’ve been picking Crawford because he is the best fighter in the world. But….Listening to pros explain why each guy will win,,,,the guys that pick Spence tell of reasons more true to how these guys actually fight. People picking Spence saying Crawford will fight then he’ll take a little time moving to recollect himself. And Spence won’t give him that sort of time. That Crawford will become frustrated and that will tire him. That makes sense.

People picking Crawford tend to say his boxing and….but Crawford isn’t one to simply outbox someone. He gets hit. And when he gets hit he fights.

The more I hear people explain their reasoning the more I think I’ve had it wrong. That size, strength and pressure will rule the day.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When this fight is officially confirmed I will put a poll up but I think Spence will win.

Crawford has been over here too and beaten our fighter. I think he is a better p4p fighter but will lose because of Spence size, strength and pressure.

Thread Information