Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dmitry Bivol v Gilberto Ramirez

dmitry not sitting on his lead, goes out & wins the final round for me. i have it eleven to one for dmitry. the only other rounds i could make case for gilberto were the second & maybe the eighth
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

118-110 here absolutely no question about it. Bivol is a very special talent. Zurdo just could not keep up and started from opening bell like he knew it. Strange but it happens.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

one judge has dmitry winning by eight points, the other two have him winning by six
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly no interest in Canelo rematch. Need Beterbiev unification.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This is the fight we hope would be made. I don't know why it took so long for people to see Bivol was a great fighter. I mean, he was out here for a while taking on top talent. Canelo chose a bad opponent when he decided to take him on...

Was Zurdo all smoke and no fire, though? I'm starting to think he was. His record, while undefeated, did not have a bunch of big names on it...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zurdo wasn't even a lot of smoke either, he's got himself to close to 45 wins in a row(i forget the exact number) and he's really not well known (he's been a champ for years too), I don't think he's been getting pushed by any of the big promoters much either...which is a bit odd, he's massive and looks the part, i guess he's never been a big knock outer despite his size and looks.

What a massive guy, he made bivol look pretty small and bivol looked quite a bit bigger than Alvarez.. zurdo should try heavyweight after this defeat, he must have been right around 200lbs

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This is the fight we hope would be made. I don't know why it took so long for people to see Bivol was a great fighter. I mean, he was out here for a while taking on top talent. Canelo chose a bad opponent when he decided to take him on...

Was Zurdo all smoke and no fire, though? I'm starting to think he was. His record, while undefeated, did not have a bunch of big names on it...
    He had a great breakout years ago and talent was clear. Did well putting name out on Showbox and headlining HBO so early in career. Then it just felt like he disappeared after win over Joe Smith. In spots it almost felt like he was fighting to level of opposition, but maybe he was just keeping his powder dry. Wise beyond the ring. Skill was always there he was waiting for the massive opportunity and maximized it so impressively.

Zurdo is just a puzzle his approach is one of indifference. He left Top rank after his biggest win and exciting fights with Hart then jumped to 175 and signed with GB. Went from pounding Gonzalez to waiting on Bivol who passed him by with beating Canelo and then Zurdo starts talking about going to cruiser . He's a case of too much padding and young guys protecting that -0- if you ask me. Almost looked like he thought he could fight Bivol like he did Abraham. Tactical boxer puncher. Even there he was changing shot mid flow to get in, if head was shelled then mix to body etc. I think Bivol surprised him with aggression right from jump and hadn't come close to facing that level over span of 44-0. You may have good numbers but you're not learning on the job vs Bivol and he was taken to the clinic.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 11-07-2022 at 12:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dmitry Bivol is open to a rematch with Canelo Alvarez but would prefer to fight for his former rival's undisputed titles at 168lb.

Bivol yesterday defended his WBA 175lb world title against undefeated challenger Gilberto 'Zurdo' Ramirez in Abu Dhabi, picking up a points victory after putting together yet another punch-perfect masterclass to dominate the clash. This comes just six months after picking up an astonishing win against former pound-for-pound king Alvarez back in May, where he put on a similar boxing clinic to maintain his unbeaten record.

Speculation heightened that it would indeed be Alvarez who gets his chance in 2023 to avenge his loss to Bivol, providing he has recovered after having surgery on a hand injury. But Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has suggested that the Russian could look to instead fight Artur Beterbiev for the undisputed 175lb crown if the fight cannot be made at 168lb.

“It’s pretty obvious that Dmitry Bivol is about legacy and belts. He wants to become undisputed. That’s his absolute main focus,” Hearn revealed at yesterday's post-fight press conference when asked if Bivol will fight Alvarez next. “Obviously, on my side, we want to make the biggest fights possible. The Canelo Alvarez rematch is a very big fight, but the priority for Dmitry is to be the undisputed.

“However, if Beterbiev fights Yarde in January or February and then goes into Ramadan, then he probably won’t be ready to fight Dmitry until June, July, whatever. We have to look as a team.

"We also have to look at the possibility of Dmitry fighting Canelo at 168 for undisputed. He could fight Canelo Alvarez at 168 for undisputed. If he won that fight, he could fight Beterbiev in his next fight for undisputed at 175 and become a two-time undisputed champion in two fights.

“And also, there’s a chance Canelo might say no. 'I lost at 175lb. I want to fight Bivol at that weight, not 168lb'. Look, there’s no Canelo, there’s no Beterbiev. He’s [Bivol] going to want to fight, but it has to now be - It’s not just a case of Dmitry Bivol just fighting. He’s going to want the right deal, he’s going to want the right opponent, and he’s going to want the right plan."

Alvarez recently suffered a hand injury during his trilogy win over Gennady Golovkin in September which saw him bounce back from his loss to Bivol. The Mexican was unsuccessful in his second leap to 175lb but is keen to put things right by making chances if he is able to touch gloves with the champion again.

"I'm going to try again for sure," Alvarez told DAZN "I tried to gain weight and win this championship, but we didn't make it. But we are going to try again. I would look to be in much better physical condition, prepare myself for the 12 rounds. A different strategy to the one I used with my opponents at 168 pounds."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-news-28420913
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Dmitry Bivol is open to a rematch with Canelo Alvarez but would prefer to fight for his former rival's undisputed titles at 168lb.

Bivol yesterday defended his WBA 175lb world title against undefeated challenger Gilberto 'Zurdo' Ramirez in Abu Dhabi, picking up a points victory after putting together yet another punch-perfect masterclass to dominate the clash. This comes just six months after picking up an astonishing win against former pound-for-pound king Alvarez back in May, where he put on a similar boxing clinic to maintain his unbeaten record.

Speculation heightened that it would indeed be Alvarez who gets his chance in 2023 to avenge his loss to Bivol, providing he has recovered after having surgery on a hand injury. But Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has suggested that the Russian could look to instead fight Artur Beterbiev for the undisputed 175lb crown if the fight cannot be made at 168lb.

“It’s pretty obvious that Dmitry Bivol is about legacy and belts. He wants to become undisputed. That’s his absolute main focus,” Hearn revealed at yesterday's post-fight press conference when asked if Bivol will fight Alvarez next. “Obviously, on my side, we want to make the biggest fights possible. The Canelo Alvarez rematch is a very big fight, but the priority for Dmitry is to be the undisputed.

“However, if Beterbiev fights Yarde in January or February and then goes into Ramadan, then he probably won’t be ready to fight Dmitry until June, July, whatever. We have to look as a team.

"We also have to look at the possibility of Dmitry fighting Canelo at 168 for undisputed. He could fight Canelo Alvarez at 168 for undisputed. If he won that fight, he could fight Beterbiev in his next fight for undisputed at 175 and become a two-time undisputed champion in two fights.

“And also, there’s a chance Canelo might say no. 'I lost at 175lb. I want to fight Bivol at that weight, not 168lb'. Look, there’s no Canelo, there’s no Beterbiev. He’s [Bivol] going to want to fight, but it has to now be - It’s not just a case of Dmitry Bivol just fighting. He’s going to want the right deal, he’s going to want the right opponent, and he’s going to want the right plan."

Alvarez recently suffered a hand injury during his trilogy win over Gennady Golovkin in September which saw him bounce back from his loss to Bivol. The Mexican was unsuccessful in his second leap to 175lb but is keen to put things right by making chances if he is able to touch gloves with the champion again.

"I'm going to try again for sure," Alvarez told DAZN "I tried to gain weight and win this championship, but we didn't make it. But we are going to try again. I would look to be in much better physical condition, prepare myself for the 12 rounds. A different strategy to the one I used with my opponents at 168 pounds."

Personally I would like to see Bivol v Beterbiev before age catches up with Beterbiev. That’s THE fight at LHW.
    But I am intrigued by the prospect of Bivol going down to 168 to fight Canelo.
    Normally I wouldn’t be , guys boiling down giving Canelo all the advantages .
    But this feels different. Bivol was actually the one to suggest it, and it’s not the first time. When Callum Smith was SMW Champion, Bivol offered to come down for him as well. I think his amateur career was at SMW, and maybe he feels equally comfortable at either weight.
    Not sure the yo yo ing between the weights would do his career much good, but if he beat Canelo at SMW and then Beterbiev at LHW, fuck that puts him into a whole nother stratosphere.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Personally I would like to see Bivol v Beterbiev before age catches up with Beterbiev. That’s THE fight at LHW.
    But this feels different. Bivol was actually the one to suggest it, and it’s not the first time. When Callum Smith was SMW Champion, Bivol offered to come down for him as well. I think his amateur career was at SMW, and maybe he feels equally comfortable at either weight.
    Not sure the yo yo ing between the weights would do his career much good, but if he beat Canelo at SMW and then Beterbiev at LHW, fuck that puts him into a whole nother stratosphere.

Man... I wish I could share your optimism. However, this is the key phrase for me.

Sometimes people don't know how fragile that limb is before climbing onto it. This could be one of those times. As ecstatic as I was when Bivol took Canelo to school... I would be mortified to see a drained Bivol play into Ginger's hands.

Then this legacy B.S. would pick up again.

Winner calls the shots. Stay in your lane, Bivol. Canelo toyed with going for a cruiserweight trinket FFS. Make him go back up.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Man... I wish I could share your optimism. However, this is the key phrase for me.

Sometimes people don't know how fragile that limb is before climbing onto it. This could be one of those times. As ecstatic as I was when Bivol took Canelo to school... I would be mortified to see a drained Bivol play into Ginger's hands.

Winner calls the shots. Stay in your lane, Bivol. Canelo toyed with going for a cruiserweight trinket FFS. Make him go back up.
    But the difference is this time, it’s Bivol suggesting it.
    If you’re a “Canelo disliker”, Maybe look at it a different way. If Bivol were to beat Canelo at SMW, what would that do to his legacy, his standing ?
    We shall see.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

But the difference is this time, it’s Bivol suggesting it.
    If you’re a “Canelo disliker”, Maybe look at it a different way. If Bivol were to beat Canelo at SMW, what would that do to his legacy, his standing ?
    We shall see.

I hear ya, Primo.

TBH, if Bivol beats Ginger (yes... I'm a Canelo "disliker"... LOL) at 168, which supposedly is Ginger's wheelhouse... after having soundly beaten him at 175... that puts a bigger dent in Ginger's so-called legacy than another beating at 175.

Let's hope Bivol knows what he's doing, and yes... another beating, but at 168, would be exquisite.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it is Eddie trying to persuade Bivol to drain himself and be vulnerable to his cash cow Canelo. He probably whispering in Bivol's ear that it is the only way Saul will have the rematch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information