Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Artur Beterbiev.v Anthony Yarde

And what about Joshua Buatsi v Yarde ? I’m big on Buatsi I have to say. Could be a barnstormer.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 01-31-2023 at 10:06 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Btw. Judges had Yarde up a round at the finish. Not for me.
    I don’t mean any disrespect to Yarde, because I thought he was brilliant, but I had it 5-2 Beterbiev.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    And what about Joshua Buatsi v Yarde ? I’m big on Buatsi I have to say. Called be a barnstormer.
    That would be a great fight and Buatsi was complementary to Yarde tonight. Dazn and Eddie likes to protect their fighter so doubt it happens.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t mean any disrespect to Yarde, because I thought he was brilliant, but I had it 5-2 Beterbiev.
    Yarde was faster and sharper early and was in front but Beterbiev was visibly hurting Yarde.

Yarde was getting desperate and pushed the pace to survive which kept him in front but did not matter as Beterbiev was coming on strong to probably win the last 4 rounds if it went there for me.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 5-2 as well but I could see 4-3. I gave one round to Beterbiev where it looked like Yarde did more. I just felt the damage was more lasting from Beterbiev.

Partially I started to think higher of Yarde’s will, then he just allowed that damage at the end of the 7th which was completely unnecessary and I think if he had as much will he wouldn’t have allowed that. Felt like accepting defeat in a way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Ron Swanson;1592151]
    Partially I started to think higher of Yarde’s will, then he just allowed that damage at the end of the 7th which was completely unnecessary and I think if he had as much will he wouldn’t have allowed that. Felt like accepting defeat in a way.
    Pretty much the same as all Beterbievs oppnents so far.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for anyone still needing to watch
    Last edited by TIC; 01-30-2023 at 10:43 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The talk that Callum Smith beats Beterbiev needs to stop

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    Tony Bellew talking and spreading rubbish as usual.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After beating Mathieu Bauderlique last August, an impressive four-round knockout win, Liverpool's Callum Smith is the mandatory challenger for Beterbiev's WBC title.

Smith expects to take a tune-up fight in March, and then push for his shot at the unified champion.

"I've done my part. I've become mandatory so I can sit and wait and fight for three of the belts," he told Sky Sports.

He wants a respectable opponent in the spring - "it's got to be an opponent that makes me want to get into camp, makes me want to train hard" - even though it will be a fight Smith cannot afford to lose.

"It's a bit of a tricky one. But if I'm good enough to beat Beterbiev, which I believe I am, I should be good enough to beat anyone else I the meantime, as long as I stay focused and motivated," Smith said.

"I feel like I am, I feel like I'm enjoying training more. I feel like I'm enjoying the improvements I'm making. I should be okay."

As formidable as Beterbiev looks, Smith, a former super-middleweight champion, believes he has all the tools to defeat him.

"I believe I can beat anyone on the planet," Smith declared. "I believe I can win the belts as well."

"He's European style, applies pressure but doesn't just race forward, he's clever how he does it and obviously heavy-handed," Smith continued. "He has been hurt, he's been put over twice as a professional and he's not invincible.

"I've seen other fighters hurt him and put him over, I fully believe I can.

"I'm in my peak years now and the time to beat him is now."

Smith will go wherever he needs to to get the fight.

"I'm the challenger. I'm not going to be able to call many shots. I think if we don't come to an agreement it goes to purse bids anyway regardless. I just want to fight," he said.

"I don't think the venue matters too much to myself. I'll fight, whether I have to go to America for it, England, either or. I just want that fight. That's the goal. That's why I'm still boxing. That's why I'm going away to camp. It's to be a two-weight world champion.

"I've always believed I'm good enough and big enough to do it. I made the decision move up, carry on and I'm very close to achieving it."

He'll pursue that goal, even it means taking on one of the most ferocious punchers in the sport.

"I'm in boxing because when I'm done I want to sit back and say I achieved everything I was capable of doing," Smith said.

"Once you've been at that level you're not really satisfied with anything less. So if I didn't believe I could get back to where I was, I wouldn't be sitting here."

Thinking of his own youth advantage compared to the 38-year-old champion, he added with a smile: "Age is age. It will catch up to him at some point. And hopefully it's the week before he fights me!"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...e306eacded9682

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yarde’s ability to compete against world class fighters and he certainly impressed Beterbiev.

“I had good moments, I could’ve won that fight and changed my life forever,” Yarde told talkSPORT.

“I’ve changed my life anyway, but I could’ve had that celebration that I had in my mind.

“I didn’t go out there and embarrass myself, I’m getting a lot of credit for doing that to someone like Beterbiev.

“So I think it’s a win-win for me.”

Yarde went on to reveal what Beterbiev had said to him after the fight, saying: “There’s a lot of respect.

“He just said, ‘No-one’s given me that test as a professional.’

“So there’s a lot of respect there. They said they’d prepared for me, but they didn’t know what to expect.

“They knew I was hungry, but they didn’t expect that hard of a fight.

“But he said that he turned professional when he was 28 and I’m 31 now, so I’ve got time.”

Yarde was winning on two of the three judges scorecards, with one judge putting the Brit up by three rounds.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...ko-highlights/

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    Tony Bellew talking and spreading rubbish as usual.
    callum can't handle educated aggression as canelo & the gorilla showed. artur will mince that body
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The judge that had Yarde ahead 3 rounds should be forced to explain their card

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The judge that had Yarde ahead 3 rounds should be forced to explain their card
    agreed

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i've always felt that canelo matches up better with artur than dmitry but it's getting to the point where he wouldn't get credit if he fought him

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information