Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Artur Beterbiev.v Anthony Yarde

Anthony Yarde’s promoter Frank Warren has revealed that he’s booked the O2 Arena in London for an October title match against unified light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum says the winner of the Beterbiev-Yarde fight could possibly fight for the undisputed light heavyweight championship in the first quarter of next year.

That might be a little hard to do, though, given that WBA 175-lb champion Dmitry Bivol is likely to be taking on Canelo Alvarez at that time in a rematch. If that fight doesn’t happen, hopefully, Arum has a quality contender to match against Beterbiev because the fans want to see Artur take on good fighters.

For some reason, Arum doesn’t seem keen on letting Beterbiev fight Bivol. It could be the way Bivol schooled Joe Smith Jr. in 2019 that has him dragging his feet on making the fight with Beterbiev.

The unbeaten IBF, WBC & WBO 175-lb champion Beterbiev (18-0, 18 KOs) will be making a defense against Yarde (22-2, 21 KOs) in a fight that his promoter Bob Arum wanted.

The deal was in the works for Beterbiev to Yarde before the champion fought WBO champion Joe Smith Jr last Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York.

With Beterbiev’s second-round knockout win over Smith (28-4, 22 KOs), he gets to be the one that faces the 30-year-old Yarde, who has struggled when fighting higher caliber opposition during his career.

Although the Beterbiev vs. Yarde fight is mandatory defense, it’s seen by some boxing fans as an easy voluntary for Artur because it’s expected to be a mismatch, perhaps more so than last Saturday’s match.

Yarde can punch but his stamina and chin are sorely lacking, which doesn’t bode well for him against Beterbiev. But you can argue this fight is more about money than competitiveness, as it’s not expected to be a close affair. Beterbiev is in another galaxy than Yarde in terms of talent.

We look forward to the sensational Artur Beterbiev crossing the pond to fight Anthony Yarde in London this fall. We hope that the winner can fight for the undisputed light heavyweight title early next year.

“Anthony holds the No.1 spot with the WBO and would be called as mandatory in any case so, along with Bob Arum of Top Rank, we put our plans into action and have booked the 02 Arena,” said Yarde’s promoter Frank Warren on his website.

“Now we are doing it the other way around and counting on Anthony to seize the belts.

“I believe Anthony can do a job on Beterbiev. I really do. Yes, he is a big puncher, but then so is Anthony and Callum has shown before that Beterbiev can be rocked,” said Warren.

Few boxing fans would agree with Warren’s opinion that Yarde “can do a job on Beterbiev.” On the contrary, fans view Yarde as food for Beterbiev and another mismatch. As bad as Yarde looked against Lyndon Arthur and washed up Sergey Kovalev in defeats, he wouldn’t beat even Joe Smith Jr.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/webco...43072df9c956f5
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Artur Beterbiev.v Anthony Yarde

i must acknowledge anthony's bravery if he takes this fight, he has never shied from challenges
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Anthony Yarde’s promoter Frank Warren has revealed that he’s booked the O2 Arena in London for an October title match against unified light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum says the winner of the Beterbiev-Yarde fight could possibly fight for the undisputed light heavyweight championship in the first quarter of next year.

That might be a little hard to do, though, given that WBA 175-lb champion Dmitry Bivol is likely to be taking on Canelo Alvarez at that time in a rematch. If that fight doesn’t happen, hopefully, Arum has a quality contender to match against Beterbiev because the fans want to see Artur take on good fighters.

For some reason, Arum doesn’t seem keen on letting Beterbiev fight Bivol. It could be the way Bivol schooled Joe Smith Jr. in 2019 that has him dragging his feet on making the fight with Beterbiev.

The unbeaten IBF, WBC & WBO 175-lb champion Beterbiev (18-0, 18 KOs) will be making a defense against Yarde (22-2, 21 KOs) in a fight that his promoter Bob Arum wanted.

The deal was in the works for Beterbiev to Yarde before the champion fought WBO champion Joe Smith Jr last Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York.

With Beterbiev’s second-round knockout win over Smith (28-4, 22 KOs), he gets to be the one that faces the 30-year-old Yarde, who has struggled when fighting higher caliber opposition during his career.

Although the Beterbiev vs. Yarde fight is mandatory defense, it’s seen by some boxing fans as an easy voluntary for Artur because it’s expected to be a mismatch, perhaps more so than last Saturday’s match.

Yarde can punch but his stamina and chin are sorely lacking, which doesn’t bode well for him against Beterbiev. But you can argue this fight is more about money than competitiveness, as it’s not expected to be a close affair. Beterbiev is in another galaxy than Yarde in terms of talent.

We look forward to the sensational Artur Beterbiev crossing the pond to fight Anthony Yarde in London this fall. We hope that the winner can fight for the undisputed light heavyweight title early next year.

“Anthony holds the No.1 spot with the WBO and would be called as mandatory in any case so, along with Bob Arum of Top Rank, we put our plans into action and have booked the 02 Arena,” said Yarde’s promoter Frank Warren on his website.

“Now we are doing it the other way around and counting on Anthony to seize the belts.

“I believe Anthony can do a job on Beterbiev. I really do. Yes, he is a big puncher, but then so is Anthony and Callum has shown before that Beterbiev can be rocked,” said Warren.

Few boxing fans would agree with Warren’s opinion that Yarde “can do a job on Beterbiev.” On the contrary, fans view Yarde as food for Beterbiev and another mismatch. As bad as Yarde looked against Lyndon Arthur and washed up Sergey Kovalev in defeats, he wouldn’t beat even Joe Smith Jr.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/webco...43072df9c956f5
    Yarde has the punching chance but only for the first 3 or 4 rounds.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Undeserved and unwanted

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One sided Saddo poll so far...

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

reset for january twenty eighth
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a big fan of Yarde, he is exciting to watch and explosive. The closest to a British Roy Jones with natural skills, speed, confidence and power.

Yarde had the courage to go and face Kovolev in Russia but could not get past that jab. He lost due to inexperience and maybe poor stamina.

Taking on Beterbiev is a huge risk and at least it is in England this time. The reward will be huge if Yarde wins.

One thing is guaranteed, it will be a blow out one way or another.

Hope Yarde can pull it off but it is likely he will be knocked out.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Undeserved and unwanted
    Exactly that.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least it is not PPV by BT sports which is positive.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy to forget Beterbiev will turn 38 one week before this kicks off. Not out of the realm of possibility that Yarde strikes it rich with fast-power out of the gate but can see Beterbiev just too crafty and consistent shortly after. Think a scrapy Yarde will unravel gradually and the water gets too deep.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anthony Yarde vs Beterbiev

Huge fight next.

What can he achieve?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Briton Anthony Yarde has vowed to turn "his belief into reality" and upset Artur Beterbiev to take his IBF, WBC and WBO light-heavyweight belts

Yarde, 31, fights 37-year-old Beterbiev at Wembley Arena on 28 January.

"It feels like the right time for me. I came from nothing and if I get an opportunity I take it," said Yarde.

Russia-born Beterbiev, who now lives in Canada, has won all of his 18 fights inside the distance - the only current world champion to have done so.

"I need to stop fighting monsters but I got into this sport to fight the best," added Londoner Yarde. "Lions have no choice but to hunt if they are going hungry.

"Since I've started boxing I've not had more than one week out of the gym. Beterbiev had more than 200 amateur fights and 18 professional, but I'm going to be sharp and focused.

"In the light-heavyweight division he has been nothing but a wrecking ball, knocking out every opponent so far. He's very powerful but I feel I'm faster and, by age, I'm fresher, but in experience I'm behind him."

It will be Beterbiev's first professional bout in Britain, but he has fought a British fighter before - beating Callum Johnson via a fourth-round knockout in Chicago in October 2018 - although he was knocked down for the first time in his career.

"Anthony Yarde is a good fighter, he is strong - he is a body builder," said Beterbiev.

"I respect him and respect all my opponents... be ready."

For Yarde, it will be his second attempt to win a world title after being stopped in the 11th round when fighting away against Russian Sergey Kovalev for the WBO belt in August 2019.

"I'm getting a second chance and last time it did not feel the right time," he added.

"I was a rising prospect and only had 18 fights after 12 amateurs and I got chucked in.

"My career began at Wembley Arena and this has never been done before, a unification fight, with a British fighter at light-heavyweight coming up against a world champion on British soil.

"When I hear 'and the new' my belief will become a reality so that's what I'm looking forward to hearing."

Their news conference took place at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, where Tyson Fury defeated Derek Chisora to retain the WBC heavyweight belt on Saturday.

Veteran promoter Bob Arum, the chief executive of Top Rank who promote Beterbiev, added: "I've promoted some great light-heavyweights but I've never seen anybody with the power and skills of Artur Beterbiev.

"He is really something special. He's a tremendous puncher and it will take an unbelievable performance by an opponent to be able to beat him."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63846790

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the ref & corner better be on point to save anthony here, i commend anthony's courage in facing these challenges but even at this age artur is a beast

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I may be in the monority, but I actually believe Beterbiev to be past his best.

I don't believe that Yarde has enough to withstand the onslaught in his immediate future, but I think Bivol could be a nightmare for Artur now.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by donnydarkoIRL View Post
    I may be in the monority, but I actually believe Beterbiev to be past his best.

I don't believe that Yarde has enough to withstand the onslaught in his immediate future, but I think Bivol could be a nightmare for Artur now.

He's almost 38, so yeah... he's likely past his best.

Surprised he's only got 18 professional fights, though. Seems his level of activity dropped off considerably over the past 5 years, for whatever reason. So battle-worn he's probably not. Many of his fights have been early knockout victories, also.

The much younger Bivol would have boxing skills and speed on his side in a match vs Artur.

Thread Information