Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Artur Beterbiev.v Anthony Yarde

Incredible fight, spartan attitude, kill or be killed

Beterbiev seems to get even more dangerous once he gets tagged but having said that he can hit going backwards but he can't box going bkwards but Biev does what Biev does same as always. He just grinds his opponents down. He’s not getting any younger though…one day he'll go to the well and find it dry…but not just yet.

Respect to Yarde. He done way better than I thought and I read people say "Biev was not hurt"

Yes he was.

But ppl are tricked because Biev has a great poker face.

Boxing is a lot like poker, in that you can't let your opponent know what you have in your hands. If an opponent doesn't think you have anything that he should be worried about, he's gonna kick your ass. You need to present the aura of danger in order to keep your man from calling your bluff.

Alongside Biev. him and Joe Joyce currently have the two best poker faces in boxing.

But neither of them compare to the three ATG best poker faces I've seen in boxing in my lifetime.

1. James Toney (Best poker face in boxing history)
    2. Miguel Cotto (Even in his fight with Torres. He was in trouble. He was on the floor. He came back and KO-ED him. Face never changed)
    3. Gerald McClellan (Even when he went down on his knee's against Benn. His face was not contorted with pain and at that point he had a bleed on his brain and was basically dying but yet he calmly got up like it was nothing and walked to back to his corner)

"To be the best boxer, you have to be the best liar."

A classic quote from Mike Tyson

Fighters you could never tell if a punch hurt him and Biev has that poker face down to an art in that no matter what you hit him with. He just keeps looking at you with a blank, emotionless expression. I can't stress that enough and unless you have been in a ring it can be VERY disheartening and even draining mentally to keep on hitting a guy and they have no emotion. Not a smile. Not even anger.

Anyway....What next ?

Seems like Hearn is desperate to hold onto Canelo and Bivol and that means ageing out Beterbiev for as long as possible and Arum is saying the Bivol-Biev fight is either on ESPN or the fight doesn't happen. I've seen Hearn putting pride aside in order for fights to happen but I never seen Arum doing it

This reminds me of Kovalev / Stevenson situation. Shame that fight never happened. Got a feeling the same will happen with Bivol-Biev. Probably get some dragged-out sh*t show. Look pay off Mauricio into forcing a mando and make the fight happen
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 02-01-2023 at 10:00 PM.

Thread Information