Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Artur Beterbiev.v Anthony Yarde

Incredible fight, spartan attitude, kill or be killed

Beterbiev seems to get even more dangerous once he gets tagged but having said that he can hit going backwards but he can't box going bkwards but Biev does what Biev does same as always. He just grinds his opponents down. He’s not getting any younger though…one day he'll go to the well and find it dry…but not just yet.

Respect to Yarde. He done way better than I thought and I read people say "Biev was not hurt"

Yes he was.

But ppl are tricked because Biev has a great poker face.

Boxing is a lot like poker, in that you can't let your opponent know what you have in your hands. If an opponent doesn't think you have anything that he should be worried about, he's gonna kick your ass. You need to present the aura of danger in order to keep your man from calling your bluff.

Alongside Biev. him and Joe Joyce currently have the two best poker faces in boxing.

But neither of them compare to the three ATG best poker faces I've seen in boxing in my lifetime.

1. James Toney (Best poker face in boxing history)
    2. Miguel Cotto (Even in his fight with Torres. He was in trouble. He was on the floor. He came back and KO-ED him. Face never changed)
    3. Gerald McClellan (Even when he went down on his knee's against Benn. His face was not contorted with pain and at that point he had a bleed on his brain and was basically dying but yet he calmly got up like it was nothing and walked to back to his corner)

"To be the best boxer, you have to be the best liar."

A classic quote from Mike Tyson

Fighters you could never tell if a punch hurt him and Biev has that poker face down to an art in that no matter what you hit him with. He just keeps looking at you with a blank, emotionless expression. I can't stress that enough and unless you have been in a ring it can be VERY disheartening and even draining mentally to keep on hitting a guy and they have no emotion. Not a smile. Not even anger.

Anyway....What next ?

Seems like Hearn is desperate to hold onto Canelo and Bivol and that means ageing out Beterbiev for as long as possible and Arum is saying the Bivol-Biev fight is either on ESPN or the fight doesn't happen. I've seen Hearn putting pride aside in order for fights to happen but I never seen Arum doing it

This reminds me of Kovalev / Stevenson situation. Shame that fight never happened. Got a feeling the same will happen with Bivol-Biev. Probably get some dragged-out sh*t show. Look pay off Mauricio into forcing a mando and make the fight happen
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 02-01-2023 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Azeez is a former sparring partner of Artur Beterbiev and, from his training camp in Florida, was an interested observer of the unified champion's thrilling battle with Anthony Yarde last weekend.

"It was toe to toe, action-packed, I think Yarde can really hold his head high," Azeez told the Toe2Toe podcast. "It was a really good fight.

"When [Yarde] landed good shots he didn't try to just jump on him. He pressed at the right time. He tried to take his foot off the gas at the times that he needed to," Azeez continued.

"He just got beat by the better guy."

From sparring Beterbiev, Azeez knows first-hand what makes him so effective.

"The overhands and the bodywork, those little things, there are small little things that Beterbiev does. I don't think a lot of people give him credit for his actual boxing IQ because obviously he's knocked out everyone," he said.

"He's got a very intelligent mind in there.

"In sparring as well you'd throw a shot at him and you'd miss by an inch, he's got very good footwork," Azeez added. "He might come across like he's flat-footed but he's actually got good footwork and he knows how to move around the ring.

"It's that punching power, it keeps you jittery and makes you expend more energy than you want to because you know if I'm in too close, I could get tagged. If I make a mistake, I could get tagged. So you're thinking a lot more than you want to, so it's hard.

"As you see when you watch him, when he throws his shots, it doesn't look like he puts too much into it. It's deceiving but there's power behind it."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...8f3766842abecb
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Btw. Judges had Yarde up a round at the finish. Not for me.
    I don’t mean any disrespect to Yarde, because I thought he was brilliant, but I had it 5-2 Beterbiev.
    I had it 5-2 as well but I could see 4-3. I gave one round to Beterbiev where it looked like Yarde did more. I just felt the damage was more lasting from Beterbiev.

Partially I started to think higher of Yarde’s will, then he just allowed that damage at the end of the 7th which was completely unnecessary and I think if he had as much will he wouldn’t have allowed that. Felt like accepting defeat in a way.
    Two of the official judges had it 4-3 to Yarde and the other to Beterbiev. The other judge who had it 5-2 to Yarde was not that far out as it appears.

I had it 4-3 to Yarde as did Tic.

Spicoli had it 4-3 to Beterbiev and Primo and you had it 5-2 to Artur.

The only rounds we all agreed on were 4th which was Beterbviev but the 6th was scored to Yarde by the official judges Tic, Spicoli and myself. Only Primo and you gave it to Beterbiev. I think you need to explain yourselves.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I don’t mean any disrespect to Yarde, because I thought he was brilliant, but I had it 5-2 Beterbiev.
    I had it 5-2 as well but I could see 4-3. I gave one round to Beterbiev where it looked like Yarde did more. I just felt the damage was more lasting from Beterbiev.

Partially I started to think higher of Yarde’s will, then he just allowed that damage at the end of the 7th which was completely unnecessary and I think if he had as much will he wouldn’t have allowed that. Felt like accepting defeat in a way.
    Two of the official judges had it 4-3 to Yarde and the other to Beterbiev. The other judge who had it 5-2 to Yarde was not that far out as it appears.

The only rounds we all agreed on were 4th which was Beterbviev but the 6th was scored to Yarde by the official judges Tic, Spicoli and myself. Only Primo and you gave it to Beterbiev. I think you need to explain yourselves.
    I can explain myself easily. I don’t get carried away and I’m not biased!
    What you have to understand, and I can’t talk about the rest of the guys is that rose tinted spectacles don’t work.
    Anthony Yarde fought excellently, but just because he is fighting better than expected, doesn’t mean he wins the round.
    Beterbiev was still controlling the fight, when Yarde tagged him , he came back with more.
    When Beterbiev connected, he followed it up with combinations that had Yarde in trouble.
    Yarde was brave , but you don’t win rounds just for being brave.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I can explain myself easily. I don’t get carried away and I’m not biased!
    What you have to understand, and I can’t talk about the rest of the guys is that rose tinted spectacles don’t work.
    Anthony Yarde fought excellently, but just because he is fighting better than expected, doesn’t mean he wins the round.
    Beterbiev was still controlling the fight, when Yarde tagged him , he came back with more.
    When Beterbiev connected, he followed it up with combinations that had Yarde in trouble.
    Yarde was brave , but you don’t win rounds just for being brave.
    I have re-watched the contest and it really is an excellent fight.

Yarde tried to raise the pace and used his speed to win the rounds. Beterbiev adjusted his aggression and timed his attacks mainly near the end of the rounds to win them. It seemed Yarde was ahead but Artur was in control and was going to take over the bout which he did with dramatic affect.

Thread Information