Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Artur Beterbiev.v Anthony Yarde

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yarde's only chance is to go in there and "HULK SMASH" Beterbiev

If he goes in there and tries to back foot shoulder roll, well Beterbiev has better footwork than he gets credit for and he comes on stronger as the fight goes on.

You have to give Tunde Ajayi credit for having the balls to put Yarde in against Beterbiev. No way Hearn would do the same with Butasi.

I like Yarde. He's been through a lotta sh*t in the past few years but there no sentiment in boxing and I'll be surprised if he makes it to the 3rd round and that's the better option rather than a long sustained beating. I dunno man I have a bad feeling about this fight. Beterbiev is a fking animal. I hope Yarde comes out the ring safe.

People talk about Beterbiev's age but they did 2019, 20. 21, 22 and yet here he is at 38 years old with only 18 fights and still has good tread on his tires. That's the key factor here though is Artur only has 18 pro fights….sum1 like GGG has 45. Beterbiev is much fresher, that's 27 less training camps Beterbiev had to do compared to GGG

I’ve always really respected the “road warrior” type fighters like Beterbiev. Last time he went to the USA and fought Joe Smith in his hometown stadium, humiliating him in front of his woman, his family, and his friends.

Few fights b4 that Beterbiev he unified by beating the very good Oleksandr Gvozdyk (many believe was better than prime Sergei Kovalev) who ended up in hospital and has never fought again.

Artur Beterbiev is boxing’s hardest puncher. It’s not Wilder, it’s not GGG, it’s not anyone else. It’s Artur Beterbiev and I don’t think anyone will be able to beat him from this generation of boxers.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 01-28-2023 at 01:13 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this fight seems to have been poorly promoted. i'm surprised it hasn't sold out
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couldn’t pick a better weekend to lose all internet for blocks locally . Not the fight you want to squint watch on a phone.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Couldn’t pick a better weekend to lose all internet for blocks locally . Not the fight you want to squint watch on a phone.
    can you cast from your phone to your tv?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Anthony Yarde’s promoter Frank Warren has revealed that he’s booked the O2 Arena in London for an October title match against unified light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum says the winner of the Beterbiev-Yarde fight could possibly fight for the undisputed light heavyweight championship in the first quarter of next year.

That might be a little hard to do, though, given that WBA 175-lb champion Dmitry Bivol is likely to be taking on Canelo Alvarez at that time in a rematch. If that fight doesn’t happen, hopefully, Arum has a quality contender to match against Beterbiev because the fans want to see Artur take on good fighters.

For some reason, Arum doesn’t seem keen on letting Beterbiev fight Bivol. It could be the way Bivol schooled Joe Smith Jr. in 2019 that has him dragging his feet on making the fight with Beterbiev.

The unbeaten IBF, WBC & WBO 175-lb champion Beterbiev (18-0, 18 KOs) will be making a defense against Yarde (22-2, 21 KOs) in a fight that his promoter Bob Arum wanted.

The deal was in the works for Beterbiev to Yarde before the champion fought WBO champion Joe Smith Jr last Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York.

With Beterbiev’s second-round knockout win over Smith (28-4, 22 KOs), he gets to be the one that faces the 30-year-old Yarde, who has struggled when fighting higher caliber opposition during his career.

Although the Beterbiev vs. Yarde fight is mandatory defense, it’s seen by some boxing fans as an easy voluntary for Artur because it’s expected to be a mismatch, perhaps more so than last Saturday’s match.

Yarde can punch but his stamina and chin are sorely lacking, which doesn’t bode well for him against Beterbiev. But you can argue this fight is more about money than competitiveness, as it’s not expected to be a close affair. Beterbiev is in another galaxy than Yarde in terms of talent.

We look forward to the sensational Artur Beterbiev crossing the pond to fight Anthony Yarde in London this fall. We hope that the winner can fight for the undisputed light heavyweight title early next year.

“Anthony holds the No.1 spot with the WBO and would be called as mandatory in any case so, along with Bob Arum of Top Rank, we put our plans into action and have booked the 02 Arena,” said Yarde’s promoter Frank Warren on his website.

“Now we are doing it the other way around and counting on Anthony to seize the belts.

“I believe Anthony can do a job on Beterbiev. I really do. Yes, he is a big puncher, but then so is Anthony and Callum has shown before that Beterbiev can be rocked,” said Warren.

Few boxing fans would agree with Warren’s opinion that Yarde “can do a job on Beterbiev.” On the contrary, fans view Yarde as food for Beterbiev and another mismatch. As bad as Yarde looked against Lyndon Arthur and washed up Sergey Kovalev in defeats, he wouldn’t beat even Joe Smith Jr.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/webco...43072df9c956f5
    I really like this fight. Everything has been said about Beterbiev, he is awesome. Anthony Yarde is improving all the time. In the trip up against Arthur, Yarde looked almost bored for much of the fight. Bearing in mind the problems he had at that time, it wasn't surprising. He proved that in the return. The task is enormous but I think that Yarde can do it. I am betting on a Yarde win in 9.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Do you mean like with a hot spot or something? I don’t believe so not completely sure.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight has sold out.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beterbiev said of the prospect of fighting Canelo: "I really wanted to fight Canelo when he was the champion in the division.

"That time I really wanted to fight him because he had another belt in my division.

"It’s more motivation for me to get the belt than the Canelo name.

"I’m more focused for the titles and belts than on the big-name fighters just because they have a name."

And the Russian says he can't wait to fight in front of a British crowd.

He commented: "I am very happy that I will a fight before the English public.

"England is known as the place where bare-knuckle boxing resurfaced more than 500 years ago.

"I hope I will gain more fans in England after this fight. So I am very happy I will fight in the birthplace of modern-day boxing."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21171...o-fight-bivol/

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if joe smith jr couldn't put a dent in artur i fail to see how anthony does
    The because Z can’t Y can’t thing doesn’t work. Before Mayweather/Hatton we heard endlessly that Floyd couldn’t hurt him if Tszyu couldn’t.

Basically it’s if Beterbiev gets old or not because Yarde just isn’t very good.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you mean like with a hot spot or something? I don’t believe so not completely sure.
    i was asking if you are able to get the fight on your phone using mobile data, is there some way you can cast or display it on your tv? many tv's & phones can sync up. you would probably need to connect your tv to your phone data for wifi, it is similar to using a hmdi cable to connect your laptop to tv but without the cables. i'm sure that's clear as mud but it is relatively simple. just do a quick google search on how to cast from your phone to tv using mobile, you might have to search a bit more depending on brands

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The fight has sold out.
    that's great to hear, when i posted yesterday there were still tickets available

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information