Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shakur Stevenson v Robson Conceicao 23/9/22

shakur taking the right fights. robson was screwed against oscar. i think robson presents a harder challenge than oscar did but it is hard to see many outboxing shakur

Last edited by TIC; 08-27-2022 at 11:08 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: shakur stevenson v robson conceicao possibly on september twenty third

I somehow thought Martinez would do well with Conceicao but he ended up getting painted like house, top to bottom. He brings a real cagey craftiness I don't think Stevenson has seen too much of, but Stevenson has massive momentum and is just finding his 'man strength' with superb boxing so Conceicao has a massive hill to climb. Won his eliminator, easy fight to make and style wise could be interesting early so let's have it.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: shakur stevenson v robson conceicao possibly on september twenty third

joe cordina seems keen to fight shakur so hopefully that fight happens not too far off
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shakur Stevenson is set to return to the boxing ring on Friday, September 23rd 2022, and we’ve got all of the information you need ahead of his fight against Robson Conceicao.

The WBC, WBO and Ring Magazine champion Stevenson will be putting his hardware on the line against Brazilian standout at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.

Here are the bouts that will be taking place on the Undercard of the fight card:

Keyshawn Davis (5-0, 4 KOs) vs Omar Tienda (25-5, 18 KOs), 8 rounds, lightweight
    Jahi Tucker (8-0, 5 KOs) vs. Jose Luis Sanchez (11-2-1, 4 KOs), 8 rounds, welterweight
    Bruce “Shu Shu” Carrington (4-0, 3 KOs) vs. Jose Argel (9-4, 3 KOs), 6 rounds, featherweight
    Armani Almestica (6-0, 6 KOs) vs. Omar Urieta (3-1-1, 2 KOs), 6 rounds, lightweight
    Pablo Valdez (6-0, 5 KOs) vs. Noe Alejandro Lopez (11-5-1, 4 KOs), 6 rounds, welterweight
    Orlando Gonzalez (18-1, 11 KOs) vs. Misael Lopez (13-1, 5 KOs), 8 rounds, featherweight
    Floyd “Cashflow” Diaz (6-0, 2 KOs) vs. Eduardo Diogo (3-0, 2 KOs), 6 rounds, junior featherweight

The live stream for fight fans in the United Kingdom has not yet been announced by Top Rank, however, we’re expecting the event to be shown on either BT Sport or FITE TV.

Here is what Top Rank Chairman Bob Arum had to say regarding the bout in a press release sent directly to GMS:

“The sensational Shakur Stevenson is a once-in-a-generation boxing talent, and he’s back home in Newark as a world champion against a worthy contender in Robson Conceição. I also can’t wait to see young talents like Keyshawn Davis and Bruce Carrington perform on such a significant card.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...f85aa512482f1c
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shakur Stevenson v Robson Conceicao 23/9/22

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jared Anderson has opened up about his relationship with Shakur Stevenson.

The duo have struck up a close friendship since signing with Bob Arum’s Top Rank.

And they were recently filmed sparring each other at J Prince’s Boxing Gym in Houston.

That’s despite Anderson competing at heavyweight, while Stevenson is the current unified super-featherweight world champion.

The pair may be separated by three years in age, but they are both like peas in a pod.

Anderson and Stevenson are often seen laughing and joking together, despite the former being eight inches taller than the latter.

And the American has now shed light on their close bond, admitting that Stevenson is like an extended part of his family.

“That’s my guy,” Anderson told GiveMeSport. “He’s like my little big brother.

“I’m happy to have him around and just be around him. Just being in his presence is amazing. His energy is very infectious.

“He’s helped me out a lot and he’s given me a lot of advice and he’s made me a better person.

“He’s really a true talent, once-in-a-generation kind of guy. I don’t think some people really understand how good he is.”

Anderson also said that he is well aware of the pressure that he carries on his young shoulders as the next great American heavyweight hope but insists that it is something which he thrives off as he looks to write his name in the history books forever.

“I realise my capabilities. I realise how good I am,” Anderson said. “I don’t pay attention to stuff like that.

“Obviously it’s nice and all but I’m confident in my abilities. I just know what I’m capable of. I know I’m capable of beating certain people and I’m going to prove it.

“They’re going to have to come to me because I’m going to be the one who will be bringing the audience by the time I get to the top.

“They’re not going to be able to run from me when I get there. I’m going to force the commissions to make me mandatory. So I just want people to know that they’re not going to be able to run.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...233ae8873d8ae6

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bad look by shakur to miss weight & not attempt to make it, even if he was planning on moving up next

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shakur is great. But you're right... that's not a good look for him. He's a professional fighter. What he did was disrespectful.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as if robson didn't already have enough against him

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really surprised by him missing weight- but he is a big kid for 130 and I know exactly how demoralizing it feels to bust your ass and not be able to get enough sweat going to dry out and make weight. I was about to say it may be a reflection of a lack of work ethic that may prove disastrous in the future but remembered that Floyd missed weight once also and was one of the hardest workers ever. Still- I wish he had made the weight, defended the belts, and then moved up for his next fight.

Late edit: Just watched the weigh in and Shakur didn’t look too “sunken in” in the face- seems like he could’ve wrung out a little more water/fluid. Also, Robson had probably the most intense stare I’ve seen. This will be interesting.
    Last edited by mikeeod; 09-23-2022 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you are going to move up, give up the belts and make a move. To not make weight is just a bad look, though it will make no difference in the long run.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i heard robson's team are playing hard ball & still haven't agreed to a financial agreement for the fight to move forward yet. edit: sounds like a financial penalty has been reached
    Last edited by TIC; 09-23-2022 at 04:12 AM.

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really wondering if I'm too cynical to follow this sport these days . It's a pattern seen far too often now. Contender to title holder within a blink of an eye and then it's all about moving up for more shiny costume jewelry aka belts. You get the big shine, the constant p4p chatter and talk about wiping divisions clean etc only to make a fight and then drop belts on the scale. But the same fans who used the multi belts to talk a guy into p4p list greatness are now going on about how he's suddenly a growing bwoy and gets a pass. The next thing you know you have Adrien Broner constantly reminding us "I'm a four-division champion" . I cannot buy that Shakur and camp were clueless as far as weight. Honestly thought much more of him post Oscar Valdez victory. He's a tremendous talent. But now it's on pause. He didn't even try on second attempt. Comes off like a staged play to get the pop and buzz and ride right into another shot a weight up. WBO does that a lot. We've seen this movie before. Meanwhile your opponent who did his job, trained his ass off and was already a huge underdog gets to eat an extra dinner portion or three and spend the night focused on requiring a bigger chunk of the purse to puff up and show up. Just feels like hustling the fans

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stevenson would have known he could not make the weight early on as they train and should have informed the authorities. He did not want to drain himself for the fight either and did not try hard enough. Hope he gets a big fine that deters this type of thing from happening again. It is just cheating and can be dangerous.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What was supposed to be a grand homecoming for 25-year-old Shakur Stevenson (18-0) from Newark, NJ, quickly turned into an uncomfortable situation. The unified junior lightweight was supposed to defend his titles against Robson Conceicao (17-1) on Friday night live from the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

This afternoon, while Conceicao came in at a ready 129.6, Stevenson weighed in at 131.6, which is over the 130-pound weight limit. At the moment of missing weight, Stevenson was advised by the New Jersey State Athletic Commission that he had two hours to come within the junior lightweight limit. After some time, Stevenson decided not to make the weight and, instead, vacated his WBO and WBC junior lightweight titles.

Stevenson went on social media to address his fans about the current situation. He said, "I gave it my all. I've been professional my whole career and made weight, but my body just can't make 130 anymore. My health has to come first. I'm moving up to 135 in my next fight." Stevenson was always seen as the bigger guy in the weight classes he competed and even at junior lightweight, it seemed like he was struggling to make it.

Reality settles in for everyone, and Stevenson ignoring his growing body has cost him the two titles he won in that division. Although the fight will go on tomorrow night, Stevenson is headed to the lightweight division to join the likes of Gervonta Davis, Devin Haney, Ryan Garcia, and more, so there is no shortage of talent to compete against. This sequence of events will tarnish the homecoming fight tomorrow night, but those wanting to see Stevenson may not care as he is a rising star in the sport who will be a part of some big fights in the future.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d1c90b2b3a9d7d

Thread Information