Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another example of WBC incompetence/corruption

Russian and Belarusian boxers will be removed from the WBC rankings and banned from competing for titles under the sanctioning body's authority.

The WBC initially announced it would not sanction any boxing in Russia the day after the country's invasion of Ukraine on February 24 this year.

But at the sanctioning body's convention in Mexico on Tuesday, WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman announced boxers from both Russia and Belarus would be removed from their rankings due to the ongoing conflict.

"All fighters from Russia and Belarus are being removed from the WBC rankings," Sulaiman said.

"The WBC will not sanction any fights in those two countries and no national citizen from those two countries can compete for a WBC championship title.

"I wish to express our deep regret for the athletes, for the promoters, for the members of the boxing industry from Russia and Belarus who will suffer with these consequences of the actions outside the ring.

"The WBC believes in peace, believes in fair play, and believes human dignity."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...420d42fdace102
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Literally rewrites history and arbitrarily overturns the controversial Draw verdict from Azumah Nelson v Jeff Fenech I...which took place 31 years ago . Seemingly out of nowhere and while fans definitely want these bodies to revisit-review "bad" decisions, this is very strange and selective. Not to mention very disrespectful to Nelson and surprised Fenech would go along with it to be honest. And a couple decades late. Surely if the wbc is sincere in this effort we can follow up with some from the last year or two but they won't .

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the ibf removed zhilei zhang from their top fifteen to put charles martin in at thirteen at heavyweight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Literally rewrites history and arbitrarily overturns the controversial Draw verdict from Azumah Nelson v Jeff Fenech I...which took place 31 years ago . Seemingly out of nowhere and while fans definitely want these bodies to revisit-review "bad" decisions, this is very strange and selective. Not to mention very disrespectful to Nelson and surprised Fenech would go along with it to be honest. And a couple decades late. Surely if the wbc is sincere in this effort we can follow up with some from the last year or two but they won't .

This is a bad joke, right?

Right??

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Right??
    Interesting how they and Fenech just completely blow off the matter of the one-way brutal rematch they had. As well as the two fighting a third time 15 years later. Fact they're using it to coronate "new" 4 time champs etc is a pretty bad precedent.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right??
    Interesting how they and Fenech just completely blow off the matter of the one-way brutal rematch they had. As well as the two fighting a third time 15 years later. Fact they're using it to coronate "new" 4 time champs etc is a pretty bad precedent.

And this is somehow allowed??!!??!!??

I mean, I realize the boxing orgs largely answer to nobody in particular and can operate with complete impunity. But this is beyond ridiculous. FUKK... why didn't they just wait until at least Azumah was dead or something so he wouldn't have to suffer this horrible injustice decades after the fact.

The W(e) B(low) C(anelo), aka Mexican Mafia, incredibly corrupt, sleazy, trinket-manufacturing boxing organization should be put out of its misery. IMO, they've already done enough damage to the great sport of boxing... as has the shady decisions and lack of accountability for corrupt judges. But this is fukking ludicrous, again... IMO.

Maybe others see nothing wrong with this. To me it's a slap in the face to the great champions of the past.

Where does this end? Talk about a slippery slope...

Next thing you know they'll be going back to reverse decisions left and right at their leisure... and to favor their favorite fighters.

Hey... Bivol-Canelo was inexplicably scored a little tight by the three WBC pawns... er... judges that scored the fight. Who's to say in a couple of years or so the WBC doesn't revisit THAT fukking fight and decide that Canelo really won??

If I didn't like boxing so much, I'd have stopped caring about it a LONG time ago.

This sucks.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right??

And this is somehow allowed??!!??!!??

I mean, I realize the boxing orgs largely answer to nobody in particular and can operate with complete impunity. But this is beyond ridiculous. FUKK... why didn't they just wait until at least Azumah was dead or something so he wouldn't have to suffer this horrible injustice decades after the fact.

The W(e) B(low) C(anelo), aka Mexican Mafia, incredibly corrupt, sleazy, trinket-manufacturing boxing organization should be put out of its misery. IMO, they've already done enough damage to the great sport of boxing... as has the shady decisions and lack of accountability for corrupt judges. But this is fukking ludicrous, again... IMO.

Maybe others see nothing wrong with this. To me it's a slap in the face to the great champions of the past.

Where does this end? Talk about a slippery slope...

Next thing you know they'll be going back to reverse decisions left and right at their leisure... and to favor their favorite fighters.

Hey... Bivol-Canelo was inexplicably scored a little tight by the three WBC pawns... er... judges that scored the fight. Who's to say in a couple of years or so the WBC doesn't revisit THAT fukking fight and decide that Canelo really won??

If I didn't like boxing so much, I'd have stopped caring about it a LONG time ago.

This sucks.
    Eagerly anticipating the wbc to follow their own retroactive righteous example with overturning the Whitaker v Chavez and Holyfield v Lewis I "Draws". Toss the clear and worked robbery in wbc Randall v Chavez II where Randal lost a point (the difference) for something that was not ruled a foul.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eagerly anticipating the wbc to follow their own retroactive righteous example with overturning the Whitaker v Chavez and Holyfield v Lewis I "Draws". Toss the clear and worked robbery in wbc Randall v Chavez II where Randal lost a point (the difference) for something that was not ruled a foul.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pacquiao: Referee Carlos Padilla says he influenced title fight

The World Boxing Council is looking into claims by former referee Carlos Padilla that he influenced the outcome of an early Manny Pacquiao title fight.

Padilla, now 88, said he prolonged a count to help fellow Filipino Pacquiao beat Nedal Hussein and defend his WBC International super-bantamweight title in Manila in 2000.

He also said he overlooked a headbutt from Pacquiao which opened a cut above Hussein's left eye and led to the fight being stopped on medical grounds.

Pacquiao won via TKO and went on to become a five-weight world champion.

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman told BBC Sport: "The WBC has appointed a committee to look into this matter and we will be working on this situation with full attention."

Padilla, who refereed Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier's infamous 'Thrilla in Manila' fight in 1975, made the claims in an interview on the WBC website to mark his induction into the Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame in September.

Padilla said he was told before taking the Hussein bout that it was an "important fight" for Pacquiao's career.

Pacquiao, then 21, went on to defend the belt two more times before beating South Africa's Lehlo Ledwaba in 2001 to claim the IBF super-bantamweight title.

"Manny is not a (super-bantamweight) world champion yet. He was only a god in the Philippines," said Padilla.

"They told me 'Carlos, please, this is an important fight for Manny because the winner will have a chance to fight for the world championship'."

Padilla said he stepped in after Pacquiao was knocked down in the fourth round.

"I am a Filipino and everybody is a Filipino watching the fight," Padilla said. "So I prolong the count. I know how to do it. When he gets up I say to him 'Hey, are you OK?', which is prolonging the fight."

Pacquiao was knocked down again later in the round, but Australian Hussein was deducted a point for an elbow and Padilla said he allowed Pacquiao more recovery time.

Hussein was declared unfit to continue in the 10th round because of a cut, which Padilla said was caused by a headbutt from Pacquiao.

"He (Pacquiao) is shorter. He butted the other guy. It's a cut. I declare it a punch," said Padilla. "If there is a butt, you have to stop the fight and say to the judges 'headbutt' - that's a point deduction. But if you don't do that, and the fight continues, that says it is a good punch."

Padilla said he delayed medical treatment for Hussein then attempted to influence the ringside doctor's decision to have the fight stopped.

"It takes away my responsibility because as a referee that is the best way to do - let the doctor stop the fight," he said.

Hussein, who was 22 at the time and unbeaten in 19 fights, told Fox Sports that he has "never been the same since" the defeat.

"That guy (Padilla), he took everything from me. He took my soul," Hussein said.

Hussein, who now runs a gym in Sydney, won his next 17 fights before losing on points to Mexico's WBC world super-bantamweight champion Oscar Larios in his first world title fight in 2004.

He lost on points to Scotland's Scott Harrison in 2005 when fighting for the WBO world featherweight title.

Hussein finished his career in 2007 with 43 victories and five defeats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63793018

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey...

Back in 2011, the Green Bay Packers beat my Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25 in Super Bowl XLV.

I'm pretty sure there was a controversial referee's call in there that influenced the outcome of the game. The Steelers should have won.

I'm gonna petition the WBC (We Blow Canelo) to go back... albeit in a different sport... and revisit this. I'd like for the Steelers to be declared the rightful winners and the trophy and Super Bowl rings to be taken away from the Green Bay Packers.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Huh claimed on a wbc run website and interview. About another fighter based out of Australia. Alrighty. They do realize the full fight is available on boobtube? If that was prolonging a count it looked completely normal. Even kept count as ushering Hussein to neutral corner. You can see worse literally every few months. One of the bigger problems in that one was a case of a referee tasked with keeping score as a judge in addition. If they actually rewrite history in this one too, why not make the case to expunge any and all wbc title fights Padilla was a part of. Might want to pack a lunch though as it involves 4 decades.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao addressed the furore surrounding the result after a training session in his homeland.

'It is not cheating,' he said.

'We just got favoured because we were on our home court.

'As a boxer I just did the right thing. For me, I'm only just a boxer. I just did my job in the ring.'

A furious Hussein is now seeking justice from the WBC, asking for the bout to be ruled a no contest in a correction similar to the one the body gave his countryman Jeff Fenech, who was recently awarded a fourth world title after being robbed of a win in his 1991 fight with Azumah Nelson.

'He [Padilla] has openly admitted to cheating here - the man in charge of the fight,' Hussein told Daily Mail Australia.

'I mean, if somebody confessed to a crime 20 years later, the police would chase it up. The corruption in this sport is so bad.

'Winning that fight would have changed my life. I missed out on a couple of hundred grand and a world title fight. I would have been able to buy a house and been so much better off.'

Hussein's lawyer has already fired off legal letters to the president of the WBC Mauricio Sulaimán, but the Aussie isn't confident anything will come of it.

'They [the WBC] are the most corrupt commission in the world,' says Hussein. 'There is no respect for them in the boxing world.'

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...23a074db73e884

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Pacquiao addressed the furore surrounding the result after a training session in his homeland.

'It is not cheating,' he said.

'We just got favoured because we were on our home court.

'As a boxer I just did the right thing. For me, I'm only just a boxer. I just did my job in the ring.'

A furious Hussein is now seeking justice from the WBC, asking for the bout to be ruled a no contest in a correction similar to the one the body gave his countryman Jeff Fenech, who was recently awarded a fourth world title after being robbed of a win in his 1991 fight with Azumah Nelson.

'He [Padilla] has openly admitted to cheating here - the man in charge of the fight,' Hussein told Daily Mail Australia.

'I mean, if somebody confessed to a crime 20 years later, the police would chase it up. The corruption in this sport is so bad.

'Winning that fight would have changed my life. I missed out on a couple of hundred grand and a world title fight. I would have been able to buy a house and been so much better off.'

Hussein's lawyer has already fired off legal letters to the president of the WBC Mauricio Sulaimán, but the Aussie isn't confident anything will come of it.

'They [the WBC] are the most corrupt commission in the world,' says Hussein. 'There is no respect for them in the boxing world.'

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...23a074db73e884

Not to rain on Hussein's parade, but...

The longest statute of limitations in the Philippines is 20 years, and that is for crimes that carry an imprisonment of 12 to 40 years. I'm pretty sure this alleged cheating doesn't fall under that category.

Then again... the WBC (We Blow Canelo) could claim "institutional legal autonomy" or some other obscure (illegal) privilege... and end up doing whatever the hell they want.

Seems rewriting history is the new normal for this piece of shit organization, so... why stop there?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

None of this shit surprises me. How long before Manny’s Doctor comes out saying he was on PEDs?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the wba gives jake paul some kind of honorary belt
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information