Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs McGregor II

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Everybody calling this a circus. Yet I'll bet this thread reaches 4 or 5 pages.
    Yeah, how everyone measures fight quality…. Saddo boxing thread comments
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

It's already 2 pages.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's already 2 pages.
    You can count, congratulations. Wait till you get to the double figures.

Anyways I will watch this but I’m not overly excited about it. Worst case scenario, McGregor wins and there’s a third fight 🙈
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's already 2 pages.
    You can count, congratulations. Wait till you get to the double figures.

Anyways I will watch this but I’m not overly excited about it. Worst case scenario, McGregor wins and there’s a third fight 🙈

You can do the RBR.

I'll probably be catching up on some Netflix series, and read about the results later in some circus weekly.

Meanwhile, we'll continue to add to the thread with meaningless posts about what is basically a meaningless fight.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It’s hysterical watching people hate Floyd and how he benefits from their hate. And when people suggest he’s broke, haha, so desperate

Dude made over a billion dollars in the ring. That’s with a b

If you adjust for inflation so did Mike Tyson but he managed to get through it in no time. Floyd has the same grandiose lifestyle but also gambles fantastic sums and in common with endless former champions has the notion that being successful in the boxing ring somehow qualifies him to be a successful businessman. And then there are all the people around him looking after his interests, none of whom are Harvard Business School graduates and none of whom I would trust to run a bath. I don't gamble but I'd bet that sooner rather than later Money Mayweather is going to be No Money Mayweather and he'll end up like his dad, hustling round the Vegas gyms to find somebody to train.
    Like I said, reads as desperate. You don’t trust the wealthy people he has around him to run a bath, that reads as a very honest take haha

I'm not desperate or hating or anything like that. This is dispassionate analysis from somebody who is hopeful that one of these motherfuckers can actually hang onto the money they made in their career. From the current crop I'm hopeful for a number of them. Juan Manuel Maruez, ualified accountant. Lennox Lewis looks promising. Naseem Hamed also. Twenty to thirty years after retirement is generally when you start to see problems though. I bet crypto will claim a few victims. It's almost like it's been scientifically designed to suck in people with a little money desperate to make a big score.

The number of guys who made money and still have financial security twenty or thirty years later is very small indeed. Somebody like Floyd is basically nailed on to not join this small group, even if you gave him ten billion.

Like you say maybe Floyd can rely on the wealthy smart people he has around him like Leonard Ellerbe, the CEO of Mayweather Enterprises. Ellerbe is a Wharton Business School graduate, sorry, former personal trainer who failed to make a living at personal training but knew the Mayweather family and parlayed that into a job driving Roger Mayweather around and keeping him on his insulin schedule. He then managed to bullshit, bluster and befriend his way up the ladder to eventually be top dog in Floyd's camp and unfortunately eventual business interests. Imagine the people this guy hires. Do you think he's going to let Floyd come into regular contact with any actual smart people? No, he's going to hire fuckers that make Ellerbe look like Einstein.

I would love to see Floyd prosper, never mind just keep what he has. It would be great if some of these guys could attain generational wealth so subseuent generations are taken care of. Some of the PPV era guys may end up doing it. I'm not betting anything on Floyd though.

Thread Information