Former WBC world heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder has still not made a final decision on a ring return. He is using psychedelic methods to help give him insight on what is actually next in his boxing career. "I will use ayahuasca to open my mind about the future of boxing for me myself." Wilder said. “I think I’m gonna take a trip I gotta do. I’m thinking about doing Ayahuasca. That’s gonna be my decision making process. Ayahuasca is something you take in a spiritual journey, you’re using DMT and stuff like that. I’ve been really interested in that, getting shamans and stuff like that, I wanna go down this journey, this path… It’s gonna help me navigate my decision making of whether I wanna return to the sport or not.”, said Wilder. Wilder went on to say in the podcast, ”I wanna take this journey because a lot of tribes allow their younger sons to take this journey. They say they want their sons to overcome their fears and this is how they turn them into men. I definitely wanna take this journey and I wanna see what I see in it before I make my decision. I still have love for the sport though and I still have amazing fans.”

Last October, the 36-year-old fighter was knocked out in the eleventh round of his trilogy fight with current WBC beltholder Tyson Fury.

Wilder overcame an early knockdown to drop Fury twice. In the second half of the fight, Fury would rally back to drop the big puncher twice more for a knockout win.

There have been no definitive plans regarding Wilder's comeback or a timeline for a fight.

"I'm definitely considering coming back," Wilder told Premier Boxing Champions.

"This is something that we're trying to figure out and get things situated. I feel [it could be] a re-boost for my career."

If he does return to the ring, Wilder make it clear that it's about money.

"It's not about the financial things, I never have to return to boxing ever again in my life. I've set my life up," Wilder said.

Wilder has not won a fight since a knockout of Luis Ortiz in their 2019 rematch. He's riding a two fight losing streak, with back to back stoppage losses to Fury - who is regarded as the best heavyweight in the sport.

There are still plenty of possibilities for Wilder in the weight class - including a comeback fight against the winner of the upcoming clash between Andy Ruiz and Luis Ortiz.

Wilder is still ranked at number one by the WBC. If Fury follows through with his plan to retire from the sport, then the sanctioning body would order Wilder to face the highest ranked available contender for the vacant belt. At the moment, the WBC's number two contender is Olympic silver medal winner Joe Joyce.