Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default josh taylor vacates wbc title

is he going to do the right thing & give jack the rematch? anyone know if josh has travel issues? or is josh moving up? josh v chon would have been a much better fight than the jack rematch but jack deserves one. chon zepeda v j c ramirez will fight for the vacant belt. chon should have already beat j c & he'll do it again. a link to an article will be posted shortly
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: josh taylor vacates wbc title

regis left on the outside once again
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh Taylor is now free to rematch Jack Catterall after giving up his second world title.

Taylor successfully defended his undisputed crown in February with a controversial points win over British rival Jack Catterall. He then gave up his WBA belt to avoid his mandatory challenger but looked set to hold on to his WBC strap and face No.1 challenger Jose Zepeda.

But Taylor has now informed the sanctioning body that he will be giving up his belt which means Zepeda will now take on Jose Ramirez. Taylor is now free to rematch Catterall with two of his belts on the line.

Earlier this week, Taylor claimed his rival is coming across as desperate in his efforts to secure a second shot. "He's coming across a little bit desperate," Taylor told Sky Sports. "I can understand where he comes from, he felt like he won the fight, I'd be disappointed as well but I wouldn't be moaning and groaning the way he's going on and on, it's just ridiculous.

"I can understand how he's feeling, he felt like he won the fight, I felt like I did just enough to win the fight so it was a close fight, it could have gone either way, the judges gave it to me. The way he's acted since and the way he's coming across on social media makes me want to shut him up. It's one of the main reasons I stayed at 140 so I could get that fight.

"We're doing everything we can in our power to make this fight happen alongside the Zepeda fight as well," said Taylor. "If not after the Zepeda fight then next. This time around the motivation is there which I never had the last time, the motivation is there because of everything that has happened since the fight.

"Hopefully the sooner the better for me. The only reason I'm staying at the weight is to fight Catterall. Obviously Zepeda is a huge fight as well, that's the one that looks like it's happening next. If that's happening next I'll be focusing on him straight away, giving him all my attention and focus and forgetting about Catterall at the minute.

"The real reason I'm staying at this weight is to get that fight, but if it doesn't happen it's on their side, we're doing everything on our side to make sure it happens."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...econd-27378229
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really sure where Taylor gets off talking about another man moaning after all the bellyaching he’s done. Seems like a despicable hypocrite. But it’s cool he’s doing the right thing and giving the rematch since he so clearly lost.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big crowd near the top of 140.

Josh Taylor seems intent on moving up to 147... so let's get the party started and sort things out in the division.

Plenty of good candidates to fight over the four belts.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

josh is probably going to lose the ibf belt soon

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jack Catterall reckons Josh Taylor has only agreed to fight him for a second time due to the public pressure following their first fight.

Catterall suffered a hugely contentious split decision defeat to Taylor in February, a result which sent shockwaves around British boxing.

Despite Taylor being confident the right man won, the result was hotly contested to the extent that it was referred to the police by the Speaker of the House of Commons, Sir Lindsay Hoyle.

One of the judges scoring the bout, Ian John-Lewis, was downgraded by the British Boxing Board of Control following the controversy that saw several prominent figures in boxing suggest the result was due to corruption.

‘The Tartan Tornado’ initially dismissed calls for a rematch and it was thought he would be vacating his titles and moving up to welterweight to take on new challenges.

In a U-turn, Taylor recently announced his intention to stay at super-lightweight to ‘shut everyone up’ by rematching Catterall who he is still certain he beat earlier this year.

The Manchester fighter feels Taylor doesn’t really want to face him again and says a second fight is being forced on the former undisputed lightweight champion who has no other options at this point.

“I believe he’s under a lot of pressure, from the public as well, for this fight to happen,” Catterall told talkSPORT Fight Night.

“Let’s make no mistake, he’s lost a lot of support since the fight. I think the way he’s carried himself and his words and his actions post-fight.

“I don’t think there’s any fight for him there at welterweight at the minute, and there’s certainly no one else at 140.”

The 29-year-old was gutted to lose his undefeated record in such controversial circumstances but has now moved on and is looking forward to becoming a world champion at the second time of asking.

“We drew a line under it. We couldn’t change the decision. I think they demoted a referee. There was a couple of letters back-and-forth, but it is what it is,” Catterall added.

“I said it at the time, they stole the moment in time from me. Fighting for the undisputed, that moment has gone now, and it won’t come back around.

“So, now it’s about rebuilding and getting those world titles. Hopefully, I can go out there and pick two in the next fight.”

It’s currently unclear exactly when or where the rematch between Catterall and Taylor will take place but it is expected to happen in the UK later this year.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...eeing-rematch/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    is he going to do the right thing & give jack the rematch? anyone know if josh has travel issues? or is josh moving up? josh v chon would have been a much better fight than the jack rematch but jack deserves one. chon zepeda v j c ramirez will fight for the vacant belt. chon should have already beat j c & he'll do it again. a link to an article will be posted shortly
    sounds like it might be chon v regis for the vacant wbc belt

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is absolutely what needs to happen. Big Regis fan but hasn't exactly helped himself since Taylor scrap. Regardless, he's clearly one of top tier fighters at stacked 140. Also good with Zepeda v Ramirez rematch and Prograis winner. All the way around some nice fights.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This is absolutely what needs to happen. Big Regis fan but hasn't exactly helped himself since Taylor scrap. Regardless, he's clearly one of top tier fighters at stacked 140. Also good with Zepeda v Ramirez rematch and Prograis winner. All the way around some nice fights.
    i'm not sure what is up with jose carlos ramirez as the wbc ordered him to face chon zepeda for the vacant belt at the beginning of july. i heard about a week ago that jose carlos might be withdrawing, might have something to do with his upcoming wedding

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

marvnation promotions won the purse bid for chon zepeda v rougarou prograis with a bid of two point four million
    Last edited by TIC; 08-30-2022 at 11:07 PM.

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

marvnation promotions won the purse bid for chon zepeda v rougarou prograis with a bid of two point four million
    Get the feeling they're going to try and make this another PPV . Saw that they have no platform lined up but out here doubling bids.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Get the feeling they're going to try and make this another PPV . Saw that they have no platform lined up but out here doubling bids.
    from what i read there was no tv deal in place & they were looking at ppv

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

from what i read there was no tv deal in place & they were looking at ppv
    Sport and this gimme gimme gimme mentality is doing its best to make old heads and new fans ignore it if this continues.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm hearing this could take place on november twenty sixth

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information