Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Liam Smith v Chris Eubank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    No need for a rematch Eubank does not have the skill or chin of his dad.

He was hurt by an uppercut and left hook by Liam Smith in the corner and never recovered.

Smith is experienced quality boxer who took his time and destroyed Chris.
    I agree. He is not his father, however has done well and made money. He is an intriguing figure.

Class act by Eubank after the fight.

Smith is the best in the UK middleweight division in my book, probably could win another world title but not good enough to unify.

British boxing won tonight, and the best of British boxing won this main event!
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

great to see the forum busy today, thanks saddo
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

He was hurt by an uppercut and left hook by Liam Smith in the corner and never recovered.

I agree. He is not his father, however has done well and made money. He is an intriguing figure.

Smith is the best in the UK middleweight division in my book, probably could win another world title but not good enough to unify.

Eubank did take his loss well and credit to him. Like the Smith family and hope he gets a title fight now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smith mustve gone to a hypnotist

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pleased for smith who is a good fighter.
    Happy Eubank got koed as he is a wanker, and talks the same crap as his father did.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    My thoughts on the main event

Eubank is kinda a half fighter, never really been in the mix for an actual world title.

Smith is the best of the brothers (Callums is up there) and he should win this.

I do not care for Eubank that much, he is talented but imo lacks ambition. He dies a death when he steps up.

I hope for a smith win. However I know it is closer than I’d like.
    I was hoping for a Smith win ...until yesterday.

Now i hope Eubank smashes him to pieces and i think he will. Much like the other thread I think Eubank is already in Smith's head and after taking the higher ground will dictate the kind of fight he wants. He may not stop Smith but I can see him being way more dominant than people expect him to be.
    😂

This is why I very rarely bet on boxing. Hands up, Smith, who has always been a decent fighter, clearly did not let Eubank get into his head. That said Eubank acquitted himself well before the stoppage and for me would have been ahead on points. Brutal unquestionably great stoppage by Smith though.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2 things that haven’t been talked about much after last night.
    1. How clinically Liam Smith took his chance when it came. He did not give Eubank a chance.
    2. Carl Froch touched on this in an interview. He asked whether Eubank “cheated”to make the weight? He didn’t mean anything sinister, he meant whether he cheated on his conditioning and didn’t make weight properly. He drained himself and looked tight at the weight and consequently weak. Basically he didn’t make the weight properly.
    He said about 5 or 6 days before the fight that at one of the weigh-ins they periodically have in the build up , that Liam was heavier than him at that time. That shouldn’t be happening.
    This has been the big problem in his whole career. He has always done things his way, and sometimes on his own.
    I firmly believe that if he had
    a. Kept his Dad out of it early doors
    b. Got a good trainer, learnt the fundamentals and LISTENED.
    c. Got a good conditioning team on board
    Allied to his Athleticism , desire and Durability he could have been a World beater, and would definitely have won a World title.
    Unfortunately it’s way too late now.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see Liam Smith get a shot at Alimkhanuly

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally got a decent watch of the fight this morning. Have to say Eubank looked like a hollow fighter in there. And I'm not sure Jones Jr. trying to train these guys to emulate himself is a great idea. Eubanks looked like he was trying to do a Garage Sale version of prime Roy style and was completely stuck between style. Once Liam mashed the gas it was so easy to close him into the corners and that slow pot shot upper offense of Eubank was shut right down. Just a great case of grabbing the highest opportunity by Smith and proven to be the fire over the smoke of Eubank.

And wtf is up with the ref . Should have been waved right off as Eubank literally staggered off, hands totally down and led with a grab attempt. Looked like he got the benefit on name. Did not hear a word/command the ref issued at all.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looked like U-bank doesnt have a lot of "pop" in his shots.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent post Primo.

Liam Smith is a skilled and underrated boxer. He has innate boxing technique that just comes natural to him that others could never learn. Like James Toney he is gifted in the art of boxing. He was gaging Eubank and looking for openings. When he cornered him in the 4th round, he landed hurtful shots. The welt on Eubank eye was caused by an inadvertent elbow that followed on from the left hook.
    The way Eubank capitulated could mean that he was weight drained as his resistance to taking a punch looked shockingly weak.

Eubank should really go on channel 5 and rebuild his career against domestic fighters but because of his ego and name he will take the rematch. The PPV money it too much to turn down and he will inevitably get beaten again unless Junior could persuade Smith to face him at super middleweight if he took a significant cut in the purse and location of the venue.

I hope Smith takes the money that Eubank had planned to get from facing Brook and Benn with these manufactured PPV fights that seem to be all the rage. He has earned it taking on fighters abroad and being robbed of the glory that lesser fighters get.

Smith then could entice Golovkin or even Charlo brothers for the world titles.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

chris jr has apparently activated the rematch clause
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The world is now Smith's oyster and he is set for a major payday next. A fight with Benn appears unlikely though as he has refused to call out his rival.

"Not really, I'm not going to sit and call Conor Benn out," Smith said on the DAZN Boxing Show.

"If Conor Benn wants to fight me and come for me, fire away, be my guest. "Even after the Eubank loss, he made fun of Eubank losing, he hasn't really mentioned fighting myself."

Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has also poured cold water on suggestions that Smith could face Benn.

Hearn wants Benn to either fight Eubank Jr or pursue a world title shot back down at welterweight. "Liam Smith is a middleweight that doesn't really have any relevance to Conor Benn's career,"

Hearn said. "But if we can't fight Eubank, for me, I want to see Conor Benn back at 147 and back on the road to trying to win that world title.

"After [Eubank's] defeat, Conor would want to make it more difficult for himself even to get credit for that fight. "It's still a huge fight. You sell the fight on the rivalry, on a welterweight moving up to 160 to fight a guy that has to win to save his career."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...d8f832ed245834

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally Agree, for once we had a surprise result and not conventional promoter fodder with search for a star versus yesterdays man, good for boxing, and shows the fans that its not all stage managed by Hearn.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

British middleweight Chris Eubank Jr has triggered his rematch clause with Liam Smith.

Eubank, 33, lost to Liverpool's Smith via fourth-round stoppage last month in Manchester.

The domestic bout garnered huge interest after an acrimonious build-up and Eubank has taken the option to immediately seek revenge.

"This morning I activated the rematch clause via my lawyers and sent to my promoters," Eubank said on Instagram.

Smith, 34, moved up in weight to face Eubank at middleweight and was able to spring a shock against the bigger man.

Eubank slumped to the third loss of his career, while Smith collected his 33rd win as a pro and extended his stoppage streak to four in a row.

Boxxer promoter Ben Shalom has suggested a rematch could be held at Anfield in May, although organisers have a difficult task to find a date that could work, with Liverpool's Premier League season continuing until 28 May.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/64637901

Thread Information