Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Derek Chisora v Kubrat Pulev

Derek Chisora and Kubrat Pulev will square off in a rematch at the O2 Arena in London this weekend, six years after their initial clash.

In May 2016, Bulgarian Pulev secured a split-decision victory over Chisora in Hamburg, and now the veterans are set to do battle once more.

Briton Chisora, 38, will be the crowd favourite as he seeks to stop a three-fight losing run in which all bouts went to the judges’ scorecards.

And although Pulev, 41, bounced back from his 2020 loss to Anthony Joshua by outpointing Jerry Forrest in May, few at the O2 Arena will expect Saturday’s main event to go the distance.

Chisora (32-12, 23 knockouts) vs Pulev (29-2, 14 KOs) takes place at the O2 Arena in London on Saturday 9 July.

The main card is expected to begin at 7pm BST, with the main-event ring walks likely to start at 11pm BST.

Derek Chisora vs Kubrat Pulev (heavyweight)

Israil Madrimov vs Michel Soro (super-welterweight)

Fabio Wardley vs TBA (heavyweight)

Felix Cash vs Vaughn Alexander (middleweight)

Caoimhin Agyarko vs Lukasz Maciec (super-welterweight)

Ramla Ali vs Agustina Maris Belen Rojas (women’s featherweight)

Solomon Dacres vs Kevin Nicolas Espindola (heavyweight)

Yousuf Ibrahim vs Francisco Rodriguez (super-bantamweight)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...67ed662fa49bdc
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Derek Chisora v Kubrat Pulev

Being honest I totally forgot they fought prior . But we've hit a bit of a lull big card wise but the undercard co main (?) could be rather awesome. Soro v Madrimov rematch needed to happen right away after the bogus crazy stoppage and we're getting it!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think kubrat should win but he might have aged just enough for dereck to catch him
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Derek Chisora gave a fan a free ticket for his Kubrat Pulev fight at his open workout on Wednesday - as well as a big wad of cash.

The heavyweight star opted not to bother with a public workout, instead inviting supporters who had turned up for the event to compete for a free ticket with a game of musical chairs. Ultimately, after four fans were chosen, one woman picked up the victory, at which point Chisora awarded her an undisclosed sum of money.

He was in Potters Fields Park, London for the open workout, where he stared down Pulev in a heated face-off before declaring that he would have kicked off in the past. Chisora, 38, is known for being an unpredictable character but he seemed on friendly form at the launch event alongside his Bulgarian rival, 41.

The eventual winner of the game was a recruiter named Kirsty from London, who he joked should spend the money on Boohoo.com. The fighter got the crowd going throughout the event, although event broadcaster Barry Jones admitted the whole ordeal was "confusing"

"[Promoter] Eddie Hearn has been in the game 40 years," Chisora said after the game, when he gave Kirsty the initial ticket prize. "And I told him today I want to make somebody happy, so I hope I've made you happy."

Chisora almost reduced Kirsty to tears when he presented a massive wad of cash to his winner as a surprise. She declared that she would spend her winnings on shopping for a holiday in Brazil.

Pulev and Chisora have fought before, with the Bulgarian winning their first meeting by split decision back in 2016. And he will be favoured to do it again at The O2 arena in London on Saturday night when the pair meet, given Chisora's recent losing run as opposed to his own two victories.

Chisora has indicated that he is now focused on entertaining fans after three straight losses, against Oleksandr Usyk and twice against Joseph Parker. He has vowed not to retire if he loses this weekend and plans to continue fighting for the foreseeable future.

Asked what his plan for the Pulev fight was at a press conference in June, he replied: "What is the plan? I don’t know. Where is the road leading to? I don’t know; war.

"What’s the agenda? Where are we going? This guy had a strategy against ‘AJ’ and it didn’t really turn out well did it? For me, my plan is my fans – that is it. Entertainment. That’s what I like.

"I’ve lost so many fights, I’ve won a couple of fights. I’ve won things that I wanted to win. I prefer fighting. I wake up every morning and I go training. I’ve still got the hunger for it.

"I get these younger guys into the gym to spar me. I see in their eyes the fear they have by the time they get to rounds three or four. I’m still hungry and I still want to fight. I still want to cause damage to people and I still want to entertain. No disrespect to the big man."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...fight-27415567

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Derek Chisora and Kubrat Pulev will square off in a rematch at the O2 Arena in London this weekend, six years after their initial clash.

In May 2016, Bulgarian Pulev secured a split-decision victory over Chisora in Hamburg, and now the veterans are set to do battle once more.

Briton Chisora, 38, will be the crowd favourite as he seeks to stop a three-fight losing run in which all bouts went to the judges’ scorecards.

And although Pulev, 41, bounced back from his 2020 loss to Anthony Joshua by outpointing Jerry Forrest in May, few at the O2 Arena will expect Saturday’s main event to go the distance.

Chisora (32-12, 23 knockouts) vs Pulev (29-2, 14 KOs) takes place at the O2 Arena in London on Saturday 9 July.

The main card is expected to begin at 7pm BST, with the main-event ring walks likely to start at 11pm BST.

Derek Chisora vs Kubrat Pulev (heavyweight)

Israil Madrimov vs Michel Soro (super-welterweight)

Fabio Wardley vs TBA (heavyweight)

Felix Cash vs Vaughn Alexander (middleweight)

Caoimhin Agyarko vs Lukasz Maciec (super-welterweight)

Ramla Ali vs Agustina Maris Belen Rojas (women’s featherweight)

Solomon Dacres vs Kevin Nicolas Espindola (heavyweight)

Yousuf Ibrahim vs Francisco Rodriguez (super-bantamweight)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...67ed662fa49bdc
    Felix has the chance to get the WBA International Title and get back on track -- guy was drinking like crazy last year! It's been a slow moving career, lots of time off between fights. I really hope he can get going now and push on for a world title fights because he's a talented fighter. Really walked right thru Denzel but got lucky decision against Madiev, but after his last fight he has left the domestic/european scene in the dust. My friend Shane in Dublin told me he’s uncle is one of the best bareknuckle fighters in uk and Ireland!
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 07-07-2022 at 04:23 AM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Derek Chisora and Kubrat Pulev had to be pulled apart by security during their final face-off before their fight on Saturday night.

The heavyweights argued throughout a fiery media conference in London.

A tense face-off ended with security trying to separate the rivals after a handshake turned into a wrestling match.

Chisora, 38, is looking for revenge against 41-year-old Pulev in a rematch of their 2016 encounter.

Bulgarian Pulev heckled Chisora as he answered questions, prompting the British boxer to tell his opponent to "shut up" and "just worry about yourself".

Chisora is on a three-fight losing streak but dismissed his promoter Eddie Hearn's suggestion this is a "must-win" fight for him at this stage in his career.

"As long as you keep paying me the way you're paying me, I'm not dropping out," Chisora said.

"It don't matter Eddie [if I lose], the pay cheque is still getting bigger and bigger.

"I want to be honest with you. I've lost so many fights but I guarantee my cheque is bigger than the one for [the fight against] Joseph Parker.

"Do you know why? Do you want me to tell you? Because I've got the product. I've got the product and the product is war."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/62081228

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Madrimov beating Soro up early in this fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Horrible head clash and technical draw looks like they have to have a third fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye and Bellew as commentators loving one another. It is sickening.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chisora coming out to Elvis song Always on my mind.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good first by dereck
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Horrible and messy first round from both but Chisora is at least trying.

1 nil Chis

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to see Chisora enjoying the needed retirement Hearn wanted so dearly for him . Pulev looks clueless in 1st. lots of clinching up top.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pulev wins 2nd round keeping Chisora on the ropes with his jab and better footwork.

1-1

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pulev really putting uppercuts and longer shots together in 3rd. Chisora trying to get to body but getting clipped on way in. Ref all over Pulev but Chisora clinging and mauling just as much.

Thread Information