Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Derek Chisora v Kubrat Pulev

Overall it was a good and entertaining fight. There was also a lot of horrible holding and messy work but both looked old.

Chisora wants Wilder who will destroy him early. Suicide mission.

Loved Chisora telling Eddie he wants to be paid more than Conor Benn.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn’t see the fight, but went to bed last night seeing all comments till the final round and I knew Chisora would get the decision. I’d seen an IFL interview earlier with Haye and Bellew, and although Haye can be a dick , he was spot on. He said
    “ What I like about this fight is that it’s Chisora v Pulev , not Pulev v Chisora. Dereck is the A-side and he’ll have the crowd on his side because he’s sold the tickets. So the judges will be giving any “50-50” rounds to Dereck.”
    Now I’m not gonna jump on the “Boxing is corrupt and fixed” bandwagon until I’ve seen the fight………..then I will !!

Btw. He should be getting paid way more than Connor Benn, and I’d be surprised if he isn’t.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the fight. Firstly I’ve gotta give Chisora credit fo imposing his fight on Pulev as much as he was able to.
    Whether he should be fighting or not, whether he gets hit too much or not, whether you think he’s a fucking lunatic or not, you cannot deny that the guy has HEART And MASSIVE COJONES!
    I had Pulev winning by between 1 & 3 rounds. So I can’t call it a fix or cry “corruption” , BUT, like Haye said, the home guy or the A-side clearly gets the close rounds. We seem to take that as a given. Should that be acceptable?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No it should not be acceptable but the fight was close enough to go both ways which is why it ended up a split decision.

Chisora has been the house fighter against other opponents and not got the close decisions so do not think it is down to him being the home fighter for this one.

Chisora is old and has no legs which is why he stayed in the corner swinging. He is not good enough at the highest level when he was younger and certainly not now. He must be the richest gatekeeper in history but he will get brutally knocked out if he tries to take on the real contenders like Joyce, Wilder and Dubois.

DAZN commentary is so bias and they should tell Dell Boy to retire before he gets seriously hurt.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    No it should not be acceptable but the fight was close enough to go both ways which is why it ended up a split decision.

Chisora has been the house fighter against other opponents and not got the close decisions so do not think it is down to him being the home fighter for this one.

Chisora is old and has no legs which is why he stayed in the corner swinging. He is not good enough at the highest level when he was younger and certainly not now. He must be the richest gatekeeper in history but he will get brutally knocked out if he tries to take on the real contenders like Joyce, Wilder and Dubois.

DAZN commentary is so bias and they should tell Dell Boy to retire before he gets seriously hurt.
    Firstly, I’m not necessarily getting at this fight specifically nor Hearn and DAZN, but generally it seems to always have been this way.
    Secondly, was it really close enough to go both ways? Who did you have winning? Apart from the media, are you aware of anyone having the decision for Chisora ?
    I get the “it’s what you like” thing, but sometimes a fight can be close, but you also know who’s won.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cannot score a fight like that with Pulev by about 4 rounds clean and then say 'it could have gone either way'. Sounds like I'm the one trying to have it both ways there . You ideally score rounds absent of bias and influence and keeping it level with the action in the specific round. By no means slagging on Chisora but you gotta keep it straight regardless of quips, opinion and personalities etc. The thing that was so apparent and that was repeated before and afterward tbh was more of who and what Chisora gave to fans and sport over entire career to bolster the nod rather than what happened in the actual specific fight yesterday. His reputation and resume. Hearn, announce and so many fans basically said the quite part out loud. 'Well, he deserved one after given so much and the ever warrior and being near the end. It was time he got a close one etc etc. But that's not how it works . Let the judges hear that often enough and justify it enough and we'll ring hollow next time they themselves use the same criteria. Tough fight, both rocked both marched thru, two old guys at end stepped up for a doozy and gave us real entertainment, salute to both and slap on a bonus Eddie. But Pulev won that. And any promoter or "friend" of Chisora trying to maneuver him into a Wilder cash out might need their own heads and hearts checked. It's delusional.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 07-10-2022 at 11:13 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That fight was not close enough to go either way. Pulev won that fight clear.
    Another week, another fight gifted to the draw

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 8-4 which is clear win for Pulev so Spicoli/Ron are right, for me the fight could not go either way but have seen Chisora given the 8 rounds.

My point still stands that Chisora has lost close decisions against non-UK fighters when he was the main man.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't know Pulev was that old. They both should retire, or leave the sport for a minute to heal.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 8-4 which is clear win for Pulev so Spicoli/Ron are right, for me the fight could not go either way but have seen Chisora given the 8 rounds.

My point still stands that Chisora has lost close decisions against non-UK fighters when he was the main man.
    Hang on a minute ,
    1. 2 wrongs don’t make a right. That’s plain ridiculous.2 wrongs make 2 WRONGS !
    2. Who has Chisora “lost close decisions against when he was the main man?”

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Hang on a minute ,
    1. 2 wrongs don’t make a right. That’s plain ridiculous.2 wrongs make 2 WRONGS !
    Parker and Usyk could be argued to be close fights.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Hang on a minute ,
    Parker and Usyk could be argued to be close fights.
    He lost them both, close or not close. Nobody could have him winning them.
    And anyway, he wasn’t “the main man” in either of them. He was a stepping stone for Usyk and a journeyman fight for Parker.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If usyk wins again, I think we might see Joshua v Chisora fairly soon.

Thread Information