Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    NoSavingByTheBell knows shit about boxing.
    you never made a bad pick?
    Relax. I am teasing him.
    relax. i'm just asking you a question
    Yeah, but this is what happens when you don’t know the history. It isn’t that “Brock made a bad pick.”
    He’s NEVER made a good pick.

And before you come back at me, we used to have a boxing prediction contest and read my sig to tell you how I used to do.
    brock has never made a good pick? you may have done well but you never made a bad pick? i would like to challenge you & anyone else to a prediction contest for big fights until the end of the year, there might not be that many so week could set a length of time & some rules if you are up to it? just some friendly predicting
    I picked Bivol to beat your bum boy? Tell me anyone on this forum or anywhere for that matter that picked that one?
    And don’t come back with “ I said it would be a difficult fight “ anyone can fence sit with that sort of bollocks, but to go out on a limb when nobody else thinks the same is another thing altogether and actually predict the win.
    so has brock never made a good pick? i& you have never made a bad pick? back the fighters i support but i wouldn't have put money on canelo to win against dmitry because i saw him as very difficult. i have picked many fights wrong but i'd say i get more right than wrong. that was a good pick from you. so you are not accepting my challenge?
    Wow! For someone who accuses people of twisting the truth, You make a lot of assumptions .
    Where have I said I NEVER made a bad pick?
    asking questions is not making assumptions

[/QUOTE]And where have I said I don’t accept your challenge?[/QUOTE]

i asked you a question

[/QUOTE]We can have a look at big fights and take them one at a time, and keep a score, I haven’t got a problem with that. But somebody neutral will be judging because I’m not having you twist every word and prediction I make.[/QUOTE]

it's on. just pick the winning fighter or you want to add extra for how the fights won? i'll make a thread
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder v Robert Helenius 15th October 2022

[QUOTE=TIC;1588073]
    Relax. I am teasing him.
    Yeah, but this is what happens when you don’t know the history. It isn’t that “Brock made a bad pick.”

And before you come back at me, we used to have a boxing prediction contest and read my sig to tell you how I used to do.
    brock has never made a good pick? you may have done well but you never made a bad pick? i would like to challenge you & anyone else to a prediction contest for big fights until the end of the year, there might not be that many so week could set a length of time & some rules if you are up to it? just some friendly predicting
    I picked Bivol to beat your bum boy? Tell me anyone on this forum or anywhere for that matter that picked that one?
    And don’t come back with “ I said it would be a difficult fight “ anyone can fence sit with that sort of bollocks, but to go out on a limb when nobody else thinks the same is another thing altogether and actually predict the win.
    so has brock never made a good pick? i& you have never made a bad pick? back the fighters i support but i wouldn't have put money on canelo to win against dmitry because i saw him as very difficult. i have picked many fights wrong but i'd say i get more right than wrong. that was a good pick from you. so you are not accepting my challenge?
    Wow! For someone who accuses people of twisting the truth, You make a lot of assumptions .
    But the way you asked the question my pedigree chum, was leading as you made a statement . A statement that you tried to factualise. “So YOU ARE NOT accepting my challenge?”
    As you know, the balanced way to ask that question is “ARE YOU accepting my challenge?
    But you were trying to be leading, ironically EXACTLY like you accused me and others of being.
    So I’ve trimmed your list a touch, we don’t need it to take our lives over.
    So I’ve have a couple of ideas about logistics and rules, so I’ll come back on them.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 10-18-2022 at 10:56 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Primo Carnera;1588078]
    Relax. I am teasing him.

But the way you asked the question my pedigree chum, was leading as you made a statement . A statement that you tried to factualise. “So YOU ARE NOT accepting my challenge?”
    As you know, the balanced way to ask that question is “ARE YOU accepting my challenge?
    But you were trying to be leading, ironically EXACTLY like you accused me and others of being.
    So I’ve trimmed your list a touch, we don’t need it to take our lives over.
    So I’ve have a couple of ideas about logistics and rules, so I’ll come back on them.
    Good luck.
    you didn't reply to my challenge in your reply so i was genuinely asking if you were not accepting my challenge. you are assuming my intentions. okay look forward to your ideas. i posted some of mine in the thread. good luck to you too. i hope others on the forum will also step up to give you a challenge
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Caleb Plant v Anthony Dirrell had some bad blood which I did not know about. Plant was the sharper and busier boxer and ended the fight with a knockout contender of the year with that left hook. Plant boxed very well in the ring and was impressive.

Plant was shouting at Charlo afterwards. That would be a good fight to make.

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Caleb Plant v Anthony Dirrell had some bad blood which I did not know about. Plant was the sharper and busier boxer and ended the fight with a knockout contender of the year with that left hook. Plant boxed very well in the ring and was impressive.

Plant was shouting at Charlo afterwards. That would be a good fight to make.

There was plenty of beef by the looks of it. Plant was a little bit naughty when he KO’d Dirrell. He started making grave digging actions, and fair play to the ref, he saw it and tried to stop him, but Plant just carried on.
    I quite like Plant, but that was bang out of order.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reported pay-per-view buys for the Deontay Wilder vs Robert Helenius fight have been revealed and Eddie Hearn is not impressed.

Last weekend, Wilder made a triumphant return to the ring after a year out, having not fought since being stopped in his trilogy bout with Tyson Fury, as he knocked out Helenius in the first round.

The fight was broadcast on Showtime pay-per-view, but according to boxing journalist, Dan Rafael, it only did 75,000 buys at a retail price of $74.99.

Promoter Hearn reacted to the news in an interview with Boxing Social, saying: “It’s obviously, financially, a disaster, but it wasn’t a massive fight.

“I think that we’re approaching a time around the world that people are spending their money more wisely and obviously the pay-per-view price point in America is expensive.

“I think that when there’s a fight that most predicted would be one-sided, I didn’t think it would be as one-sided as that but I think that’s what the general perception was, obviously you’ve seen that with the number of buys, and it was a disaster.”

With that being said, Wilder should be in for a much bigger payday next time around, as he is expected to fight former unified world champion, Andy Ruiz Jr, in a final eliminator for Fury’s WBC world title.

There are also talks of potential super-fights with either current WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight champion, Oleksandr Usyk, or a clash with Britain’s Anthony Joshua.

Hearn recently spoke about a potential fight between Joshua and Wilder on talkSPORT, as he said, “And then, of course, there’s the Wilder situation.

“Not saying that’s going to be the fight for January or February, but it’s definitely a fight that he’s looking at.”

“I think the feeling of AJ is, and by the way none of them are easy fights, but the value of a tune up, if you like, sometimes they’re all as dangerous as each other, do you know what I mean?

“So, I don’t think he wants to start dropping out of the top 15 and top 10 of the governing bodies and just looking for an easy touch, I think he wants a real fight.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...buys-reaction/

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was plenty of beef by the looks of it. Plant was a little bit naughty when he KO’d Dirrell. He started making grave digging actions, and fair play to the ref, he saw it and tried to stop him, but Plant just carried on.
    i saw nothing wrong with caleb's post fight actions

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All through the press conferences Plant acted with straight talking professionalism but Dirrell was a complete ass. Dirrell also fought dirty and moaning throughout the fight. Dirrell was saying that Plant would run but he took the fight to him and spectacularly knocked him out.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough, we’ve all got our own opinions and standards. But could you answer me one question? When he KO’d Dirrell and starting making those “digging with a shovel” actions, what did you think he meant by it?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough, we’ve all got our own opinions and standards. But could you answer me one question? When he KO’d Dirrell and starting making those “digging with a shovel” actions, what did you think he meant by it?
    i can only speculate on what another man might have been thinking but i think caleb actions meant he's done, it's over, finished him et cetera kind of like the slashing throat gesture

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i can only speculate on what another man might have been thinking but i think caleb actions meant he's done, it's over, finished him et cetera kind of like the slashing throat gesture
    Look, first of all , let me start by saying I like Caleb and I wasn’t overly upset at what he did. I can’t deny it even bought a wry smile to my face because it showed a “bit of dog” and I like that.
    But gestures of slashing throats and digging graves (I know he or you never said graves, but that’s what it looks like to 95% of people) in a sport like Boxing is never a good look.
    I fully get all the shit Dirrell was talking at him before the fight, But like I said , I wasn’t upset by it or outraged, just thought it was a bit naughty.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn’t like when Hatton did the slit throat gesture at the Mayweather weigh in either. I think the occasion got the better of him, And I think He has come out since saying he wasn’t particularly proud of it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look, first of all , let me start by saying I like Caleb and I wasn’t overly upset at what he did. I can’t deny it even bought a wry smile to my face because it showed a “bit of dog” and I like that.
    But gestures of slashing throats and digging graves (I know he or you never said graves, but that’s what it looks like to 95% of people) in a sport like Boxing is never a good look.
    I fully get all the shit Dirrell was talking at him before the fight, But like I said , I wasn’t upset by it or outraged, just thought it was a bit naughty.
    i just saw it as a victory celebration & letting off a bit of steam. naughty? nah. see i wouldn't agree with a fighter spitting on another fighter, i seem to remember fernando vargas doing this, that is too far for me but throat slashes, digging graves, backflips & fortnight dances i have no issues with

Thread Information