Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder v Robert Helenius 15th October 2022

I'm really big on Robert and also on big baby Miller. Perfect time for Robert to shock the world and take out the atomic windmill who basically can never be the same after those three beatdowns from Tyson. Ripe for the picking

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Helenius vs deontay Wilder possible October

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    If AJ beats Usyk, Fury will fight AJ.
    If Usyk beats AJ, Fury either stays retired or it wouldn’t surprise me if he STILL Fought AJ!!
    Basically, Fury thinks he beats AJ. But he doesn’t think he beats Usyk.
    Take what Fury says with a pinch of salt. He wants to be undisputed champion and if Usyk wins Fury will face him. Fury is too big for Usyk and he will use that size to his advantage.

Fury is nowhere on the ATG heavyweight list until he becomes the best of his generation, undisputed and defends the title more times.
    Perfectly reasonable line of argument on both counts

Usyk has now stated he wants Tyson or he may no longer fight.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

neither guy attended the presser in person
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Helenius KO 7

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truth is Helenius probably went to school on what Ortiz, Fury and even Washington managed behind a strong jab in the pipe. Afterall it's not like Wilder is coming in fresh off of a KO loss. He's coming in off of two KO losses followed by a yearlong melt down.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

subriel matias v jeremias ponce & gary antonio russel v emmanuel rodriguez two might be on this card
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    subriel matias v jeremias ponce & gary antonio russel v emmanuel rodriguez two might be on this card

That would be awesome!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder could face either Anthony Joshua, Andy Ruiz Jr or Oleksandr Usyk next if he beats Robert Helenius, according to his manager.

The Bronze Bomber has been out of action since last November after being knocked out by Tyson Fury in the eleventh round of their trilogy fight in Las Vegas.

Wilder, 36, returns to the ring next month at Barclays Center in New York on October 15.

It comes after AJ’s promoter Eddie Hearn recently claimed that he made him a very generous offer prior to his rematch defeat to Oleksandr Usyk.

But the former heavyweight world champion’s manager Shelly Finkel has now given his side of the story – and it makes perfect sense.

Speaking on talkSPORT, he said: “It’s come out a few times by Eddie Hearn that I avoided him.

“We have a fight coming up with Robert Helenius. Eddie emailed me, ‘Can we talk? I have some big [offer] for Deontay.’

“Right now we have the Helenius fight, that’s all we need to concentrate on. Because if something went wrong there, nothing else would be. And if it goes right, it’ll all get worked out.

“And I felt if I got on a call with Eddie, the next thing you would be on the call to me, ‘Oh, did you and Eddie talk?’

“So I said to Deontay and Al Haymon, ‘What do you think?’ And they said, ‘Let’s just get this fight out of the way.’

“And sure enough, [Eddie Hearn says], ‘Shelly didn’t even talk to me.’”

Finkel added: “I think he also has this feeling that I dislike Eddie.

“No. I don’t always agree with him, we’re on opposite sides, he has a fighter who will hopefully be an opponent for one of my guys, in this case Deontay, and it’s nothing of the sort.

“Barry Hearn and I, we go back 30/40 years and it’s always been very cordial.

“And the Eddie thing, look, he’s been around not as long as he thinks he has, but he’s done some really exciting, good things, so I give him credit for that.

“And when it comes time to make a deal, it’ll get done, or not.”

Of course, Joshua isn’t the only one angling for a fight with Wilder.

Usyk is also seemingly interested in competing against him – but he could also face potential disappointment as it appears that there is another option out there as well.

Finkel continued: “It got done with Wladimir Klitschko and now he seems to be on a path to fight Tyson Fury, I wish him well.

“The other day we got a message that Usyk will fight us if Joshua goes the route of Fury, yeah, we’re open to that, we’re not opposed to that at all.

“And if not, there’s Andy Ruiz Jr, there’s several other options.

“In my mind, until the Fury [vs Joshua] thing came, I was thinking that after the fight with Helenius we would be talking, Eddie and I, but things happen.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...af7996bf524b75
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot remains to be seen whether Wilder got the snot knocked out of him for good by Fury. At 36, it could be the case. He took tremendous punishment. If he comes in a shot fighter, my boy Robert will be victorious. I am big on Helenius. And Big Baby.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder has confirmed that he will be weighing in around the 220lb mark which has been his go-to weight in recent years.

Speaking during a recent press call, he said: "Somewhere between the 2020s. My weight is not going to be what we worry about in this fight or fights in the future. We gained a lot of weight in the last fight, but it was more about the expectations of seeing my body a certain way and I was interested in seeing my body frame in a certain way as well.

"But at this moment in time, I'm going back to what I'm used to and what's comfortable for me and what's comfortable for my body frame and that's going to be around the 2020s or maybe under."

In his last fight against Tyson Fury, Wilder weighed in at a career-heaviest 238lb and admits he felt 'sluggish' and 'heavy' at the weight. "I felt a little sluggish, a little heavy, you've gotta understand I've never been 240 ever in my life before," Wilder continued.

"It was an experiment that I wanted to try and we did what we had to do to get the weight put on and that's an experience in the history books from me "So, the only way to become wise is applying knowledge to life and we've gained a lot of knowledge from that and now we know what to do leading forward."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...a59923e38fceed

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder has confirmed that he will be weighing in around the 220lb mark which has been his go-to weight in recent years.

Speaking during a recent press call, he said: "Somewhere between the 2020s. My weight is not going to be what we worry about in this fight or fights in the future. We gained a lot of weight in the last fight, but it was more about the expectations of seeing my body a certain way and I was interested in seeing my body frame in a certain way as well.

"But at this moment in time, I'm going back to what I'm used to and what's comfortable for me and what's comfortable for my body frame and that's going to be around the 2020s or maybe under."

In his last fight against Tyson Fury, Wilder weighed in at a career-heaviest 238lb and admits he felt 'sluggish' and 'heavy' at the weight. "I felt a little sluggish, a little heavy, you've gotta understand I've never been 240 ever in my life before," Wilder continued.

"It was an experiment that I wanted to try and we did what we had to do to get the weight put on and that's an experience in the history books from me "So, the only way to become wise is applying knowledge to life and we've gained a lot of knowledge from that and now we know what to do leading forward."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...a59923e38fceed
    His speech sounds like Fury really rattled up his brain. Lotta babble there. Meaningless bullshit and excuses now that he was too heavy vs Fury? Hahaha yeah alright, are you sure it aint the costume again Deontay? LMAO I smell a shock Helenius upset here, round 3, Wilder ***SMOKED*** and wriggling around on the floor with the ref waving it off.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder wins with a first round KO.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1st minute, 2nd minute or 3rd minute OR...........Helenius doesnt answer the bell for the 2nd?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    1st minute, 2nd minute or 3rd minute OR...........Helenius doesnt answer the bell for the 2nd?
    2 minutes 48 second.

Thread Information