Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Deontay Wilder v Robert Helenius 15th October 2022

Promoter Frank Warren says Deontay ‘Bronze Bomber’ Wilder (42-2-1, 41 KOs) will return to action in October against heavyweight Robert ‘The Nordic Nightmare’ Helenius (31-3, 20 KOs) in the States.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Helenius vs deontay Wilder possible October

This would be the first action for former WBC champion Wilder, 36, since his loss to Tyson ‘The Gypsy King’ Wilder last October. After that loss, Wilder said he wanted to consider whether to continue his career.

It looks like Wilder has decided to continue, which is good because he can make massive money fighting Anthony Joshua or Oleksander Usyk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Helenius isn’t the type of fighter you would typically want to face if you’re coming off a knockout loss like the one Wilder suffered against Fury.

I am going with my boy Robert.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For Wilder to be taking on the powerful 6’6″ Finnish heavyweight Helenius in his next fight, he wants to send a message that he wants to fight the winner of the Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua II rematch.

There’s a lot of risk for Deontay to be fighting Helenius, as he’s looked good in his last three fights, beating Adam Kownacki twice and Mateus Roberto Osorio by knockout.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder needs a highlight reel knockout of Helenius to put himself in the equation to fight the Joshua vs. Usyk II winner.

If Wilder can destroy Helenius in the first half of the fight, it would show the boxing world that he’s back and not the depleted fighter we saw lose twice to Fury.

I think Robert's straight punches will beat Wilder to the punch as he throws those windmill looping shots at times which take longer to land.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to see Wilder back. I never rated him but his last effort against Fury showed he is one of the best heavyweights out there.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Good to see Wilder back. I never rated him but his last effort against Fury showed he is one of the best heavyweights out there.
    So true. Odd how he gained more respect from a lot of people with his last fight with Fury than when he was KO'ing everybody with windmills.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HEAVYWEIGHT Robert Helenius has claimed he will take legal action if he is not granted a shot at the winner of the rematch between Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua.

Usyk will defend his IBF, WBA and WBO belts against AJ in Saudi Arabia on August 20 - 11 months after the Ukrainian clinched a unanimous decision victory at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Regardless of who comes out on top next month, the winner will have mandatory challengers lining up to face them.

Joe Joyce is the No1 contender in the WBO, with Helenius in the same position with the WBA.

And, if Usyk or AJ are not willing to vacate the belts, they will be forced to face both Joyce and Helenius in the near-future.

The Finnish fighter, who has a professional record of 31-3, recently stopped Adam Kownacki twice with impressive performances.

Helenius' defeats have come to Johann Duhaupas, Dillian Whyte and Gerald Washington.

But he is adamant he will secure his world title fight by whatever means necessary.

Speaking to Sky Sports, he said: "I am rightfully the WBA mandatory, so of course I am interested in the Usyk vs Joshua winner."

He then continued: "I definitely should be next. Every elimination bout after mine is bulls***.

"At this point, if we are not designated the mandatory after Usyk’s next fight, we will only have one option.

"My lawyers are very confident that the WBA have bungled this whole thing, so I am confident in my position."

Aside from the winner of Usyk-Joshua II, Helenius has also been linked with a fight against knockout artist Deontay Wilder.

The hard-hitting American has not yet returned to action following his second successive loss to Tyson Fury in October of last year.

But promoter Frank Warren revealed earlier this month that he has heard Wilder and Helenius are expected to fight in October.

And while the Finn has not specifically talked up a clash with the former WBC champion, he has hinted that a huge fight is on the horizon.

"For now I will just stay focused on training and see how Usyk vs Joshua and my WBA situation plays out," he added.

"But I remain in a great position for something very big in the coming months for sure."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19253...leksandr-usyk/

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll be interesting to see what Wilder has left. Most likely scenario is Fury beats the winner of the Saudi fight so what then if Wilder beats Helenius? Fury isn't going to be interested in a fourth fight surely.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Helenius has a kind of killer instinct inside and it is terrifying

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Helenius has a kind of killer instinct inside and it is terrifying
    Helenius is poor compared to Joyce who would wipe him out. Rightfully they should fight one another for a title shot but instead will wait for what happens after AJ v Usyk and take up the vacant titles for an easier fight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you put Wilder up there because of that fight then you need to put Wallin up there for going the distance. Fury went into his shell a bit after the cut also.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    If you put Wilder up there because of that fight then you need to put Wallin up there for going the distance. Fury went into his shell a bit after the cut also.
    Wilder has a better record than Wallin and his wins over Ortiz ensure he is a top rated fighter. I think the version of Wilder that lost the last fight to Fury would probably beat AJ and Whyte. Maybe even Usyk.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thing is The Gypsy Mauler may have bled out all the energy left in Wilder's battered body and head. Like Frazier after Foreman, he wont be the same.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Wilder has a better record than Wallin and his wins over Ortiz ensure he is a top rated fighter. I think the version of Wilder that lost the last fight to Fury would probably beat AJ and Whyte. Maybe even Usyk.
    I agree with Whyte
    50/50 on AJ, it’s just whoever lands first
    I don’t think he lands a shot on Usyk.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Thread Information