Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loma and Tank are STILL ducking!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Loma and Tank are STILL ducking!

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Bob is now saying Loma needs a tuneup as I said before
    sounds like loma will face jamaine ortiz in october
    How do we feel about that? I see he had a draw with someone I’ve never heard of about a year ago. And has a very low KO percentage (below 50%)

I’ve never seen him so I can’t say, I assume he’s a long boxer to get Loma prepped. But my ego also says “If this was reversed and Loma was offering Haney a shot at undisputed but Haney said naw I’m going to fight Jermaine Ortiz” I would be pissed at Haney. So I suppose I should be pissed at Loma, but like I said, I don’t know, never saw or heard of Ortiz until a few days ago when I heard Loma chose him.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How do we feel about that? I see he had a draw with someone I’ve never heard of about a year ago. And has a very low KO percentage (below 50%)

I’ve never seen him so I can’t say, I assume he’s a long boxer to get Loma prepped. But my ego also says “If this was reversed and Loma was offering Haney a shot at undisputed but Haney said naw I’m going to fight Jermaine Ortiz” I would be pissed at Haney. So I suppose I should be pissed at Loma, but like I said, I don’t know, never saw or heard of Ortiz until a few days ago when I heard Loma chose him.
    how do i feel about what exactly? jamaine ortiz as an opponent? he is a pretty good fighter, basically retired jamel herring in his last fight. i think jamaine gives anyone problems at lightweight. about loma wanting to have a fight before devin? if loma thinks he needs a fight before devin then that's up to him. oleksandr didn't need a fight before his rematch with aj but not everyone is the same, some fighters are better when active & having that fight fitness. there is also the rematch between devin & george taking place mid october, so it could line up nicely for a devin vs loma fight if both come through unscathed
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how do i feel about what exactly? jamaine ortiz as an opponent? he is a pretty good fighter, basically retired jamel herring in his last fight. i think jamaine gives anyone problems at lightweight. about loma wanting to have a fight before devin? if loma thinks he needs a fight before devin then that's up to him. oleksandr didn't need a fight before his rematch with aj but not everyone is the same, some fighters are better when active & having that fight fitness. there is also the rematch between devin & george taking place mid october, so it could line up nicely for a devin vs loma fight if both come through unscathed
    It’s that last sentence that gets me. Sure, it lines up if both come through unscathed. But it’s really easy for things to go sideways. A clash of heads causing a bad cut needing extra time to fully heal. Now they aren’t on the same timeframe. I hope, just, been waiting over 3 years for this fight, sucks to wait another 7/8 months knowing it could still go sideways. Fingers crossed.
    But, I think it’s a better fight now than it would have been 3 years ago. So there’s that

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s that last sentence that gets me. Sure, it lines up if both come through unscathed. But it’s really easy for things to go sideways. A clash of heads causing a bad cut needing extra time to fully heal. Now they aren’t on the same timeframe. I hope, just, been waiting over 3 years for this fight, sucks to wait another 7/8 months knowing it could still go sideways. Fingers crossed.
    But, I think it’s a better fight now than it would have been 3 years ago. So there’s that
    an injury to either guy would be disappointing. there must have been some pretty hefty penalties in the contract if devin didn't honor the rematch contract with george. i thought for sure devin would either move up or drop the belts, rather than come back here, especially after the way australia treated his dad. there is supposed to be an announcement on monday for the rematch. with devin tied up with george it would be unwise for loma to sit idle until a devin fight. i forgot to mention that loma & jamaine have sparred quite a bit in the past so they will be familiar with each others style
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

an injury to either guy would be disappointing. there must have been some pretty hefty penalties in the contract if devin didn't honor the rematch contract with george. i thought for sure devin would either move up or drop the belts, rather than come back here, especially after the way australia treated his dad. there is supposed to be an announcement on monday for the rematch. with devin tied up with george it would be unwise for loma to sit idle until a devin fight. i forgot to mention that loma & jamaine have sparred quite a bit in the past so they will be familiar with each others style
    1-they could have used a mandatory appointment to swerve the rematch clause. Team Haney was telling Loma’s people and Tank’s people.

2-not a fan of using a sparring partner as a tuneup. I would prefer some unknowns. But it is what it is.

Haney is definitely not long for the division, he’s beginning to struggle more and more each fight to make the weight. After Kambosos if he doesn’t get Tank or Loma he’s moving on.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1-they could have used a mandatory appointment to swerve the rematch clause. Team Haney was telling Loma’s people and Tank’s people.

2-not a fan of using a sparring partner as a tuneup. I would prefer some unknowns. But it is what it is.

Haney is definitely not long for the division, he’s beginning to struggle more and more each fight to make the weight. After Kambosos if he doesn’t get Tank or Loma he’s moving on.
    i don't know what was stated in the contract, what you say could be true but unless you have the contract it's just hearsay. devin signed a contract & he is apparently honoring it, so i respect him for that. sparring is exactly that, practice, they will be familiar but jamaine is pretty decent. yea i thought devin would move up to avoid the rematch over here but i heard there were fines if he moved up also, again only hearsay

Thread Information