Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loma and Tank are STILL ducking!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Loma and Tank are STILL ducking!

Loma could activate mandatory status in WBC or WBO and Haney could get out of the Kambosos fight that way.

Tank could activate his WBA mandatory status.

But neither is.

I’m sure those that will defend certain fighters no matter what will say “Loma needs a tune up, he’s been in a war” but I have not seen any footage of him in the war and I follow it every day through multiple methods since I have 4 Ukrainians from Kharkiv under my roof right now. Usually athletes celebrity is used to raise spirits, not as a grunt in a foxhole.

If he’s ready to fight in October he’s ready to fight Haney, he’s been putting it off for more than 3 years as Devin became Loma’s mandatory on 5/25/2019. Please people, when/if you communicate on any forums do it in an honest fashion. They have ducked Devin for years. And he did everything he needed to do becoming undisputed and they are still ducking him. We can’t pick our favorites and defend it no matter what. At the bottom of it all needs to be some truth. Ducking Devin is bad for the sport. Creating narratives where ducking Devin is acceptable allows any narrative to be created. Hold the ducks responsible

Devin Haney is undisputed and has 0 mandatories. 4 belts, 0 mandatories. Ducking could not be more blatant. Call it what it is

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Loma and Tank are STILL ducking!

Seems like this would really all be up to Kambosos and what Haney agreed to prior. Of course that's the last match that needs a rematch but Haney made that bed. At least for remainder of the year. I can see Loma v Haney happening 'soon' though. More than a few respectable speed bumps have happened with Loma returning home and Haney needing to get out of an unnecessary part: two in Australia but with Garcia fighting tonight and Tank reaching compacity on glorified gimmick ppvs..I still have faith they will make it happen. On a side, good on you Ron for opening your doors to those souls fleeing their homeland.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haney signed a contract giving the Aussie a guaranteed rematch. Regardless of how dodging a rematch would shake out with the alphabet boys the standard clause for rematches would see Haney forced to pay out his entire earnings to the Aussie for any and all fights he took before the rematch plus a significant sum on top. Those terms and conditions are what champions like Lewis and Klitschko and Mayweather have put into contracts for their opponents for decades.

In this case Haney was so desperate (in a good way) to get the fight that he agreed to basically all the conditions the Aussies came up with, initial fight in Australia, guaranteed rematch also in Australia and so on. There would definitely have been huge penalty clauses in there like the ones described above to make sure the Aussies get the rematch when they want it.

I also think it's very good of you to take in those Ukrainians Ronald. Are they relatives?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That’s the point of activating mandatory positions, the sanctioning bodies don’t care about personal contracts. And the Haney’s have been very clear that the contract is set up that the can get around the rematch clause if Tank or Loma would enact their mandatory positions

About Ukrainians, yes, family, my wife, my boy, and my wife’s parents

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    That’s the point of activating mandatory positions, the sanctioning bodies don’t care about personal contracts. And the Haney’s have been very clear that the contract is set up that the can get around the rematch clause if Tank or Loma would enact their mandatory positions

Haney was just interviewed saying the rematch doesn't have to happen next. I'm guessing that's more because the Aussie doesn't want it and is making other plans rather than that Haney has the contractual right to avoid it. If he's saying that Davis and Lomachenko just have to ask for their mandatory then he's just trying to talk them into it. Lomachenko I can understand. Whatever he's up to with the Ukrainian army who he might fight next is the least of his worries. Davis has less of an excuse. Haney is with Top Rank though now. Unlikely Arum is going to rush to make a fight with Floyd and Haymon.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They’re both are avoiding Haney including Garcia.

Garcia was mandatory for haneys WBC title but then faked mental illness to avoid him.

Haney is the best in the division but everyone is still trying to avoid him.

Haney will chase these cowards down at 140 and be undisputed at that weight as well.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gervonta Davis has appeared to accept Ryan Garcia's fight call-out on social media after his rival knocked out Javier Fortuna.

Garcia and Davis have traded verbal barbs since their respective rises in the sport, with fans calling for the pair to step in the ring and settle their differences. There have always been obstacles to the fight as Davis is signed to Premier Boxing Champions and Garcia is contracted to Golden Boy Promotions.

On Saturday night, Garcia put in another powerful display, dispatching Fortuna with three knockdowns en route to the win. And he immediately took to the microphone after his victory to take aim at his long-term foe. “100 per cent, I felt way better," Garcia responded when asking about his 5lb weight increase. "I’m not going back down to 135 for nothing, but I will fight Tank [Davis] next.

“If Tank wants that at 140, I’m going to record all the negotiations so that you guys don’t make no headlines saying I’m ducking. If he wants it, let’s get it. It is going to give me the respect I deserve, and I’m never afraid. I’m trying to tell you that I have the spirit of competition in me and you’re going to see it come out when I fight Tank and whip his a**. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.”

Davis then posted a cryptic response on Twitter, writing: "See you all at the end of the year." Despite not responding to the call-out by naming Garcia, Davis was clearly gesturing that he is ready to enter negotiations to fight Davis.

Garcia fought for the second time in barely six months after going the distance against Emmanuel Tagoe. He started slowly against Fortuna and was caught twice by his rival in the opening round, which left him holding on. He settled down in the second period starting to dominate proceedings.

By the fourth round, Garcia started to fire away at Fortuna and he made his breakthrough with a whipping left hook to the body which saw his opponent take a knee. Garcia then found a second opening in the fifth round, catching him with a short left hook, leaving him on the canvas again.

His next breakthrough was the all-important one, with a one-two combination sending his opponent down and leaving him unable to beat the count. The referee waved off the contest, leaving Garcia one step closer to a challenge against Davis. Garcia's promoter, Oscar De La Hoya, confirmed talks will now begin to stage what he believes is the biggest fight in boxing.

"That’s the fight that we’re going to go after and I strongly feel that the only way this fight can happen is by the fans rallying behind Ryan and myself and beating the drum and making noise," he said. "Let’s make this fight happen. If [Floyd] Mayweather is Gervonta Davis’ promoter, I strongly feel that fight can easily be made."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...oxing-27501390
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Haney was just interviewed saying the rematch doesn't have to happen next. I'm guessing that's more because the Aussie doesn't want it and is making other plans rather than that Haney has the contractual right to avoid it. If he's saying that Davis and Lomachenko just have to ask for their mandatory then he's just trying to talk them into it. Lomachenko I can understand. Whatever he's up to with the Ukrainian army who he might fight next is the least of his worries. Davis has less of an excuse. Haney is with Top Rank though now. Unlikely Arum is going to rush to make a fight with Floyd and Haymon.
    Loma isn’t with the military, he’s fighting in October. It could be Haney but he said specifically he wants a tuneup. It hasn’t even been a year, he doesn’t need a tuneup.

We can go around and around but fact is it’s been 3 years and a couple months Loma could fight Haney and he’s still choosing not to. That’s clear. That’s not interpretation. Haney became his mandatory, Loma gave up his belt to not fight him. Haney has all the belts, Loma has 2 mandatory positions, he’s still not fighting him. No interpretation, just facts

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    They’re both are avoiding Haney including Garcia.

Garcia was mandatory for haneys WBC title but then faked mental illness to avoid him.

Haney is the best in the division but everyone is still trying to avoid him.

Haney will chase these cowards down at 140 and be undisputed at that weight as well.
    4 belts, 0 mandatories. It can’t be more clear.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma isn’t with the military, he’s fighting in October. It could be Haney but he said specifically he wants a tuneup. It hasn’t even been a year, he doesn’t need a tuneup.

We can go around and around but fact is it’s been 3 years and a couple months Loma could fight Haney and he’s still choosing not to. That’s clear. That’s not interpretation. Haney became his mandatory, Loma gave up his belt to not fight him. Haney has all the belts, Loma has 2 mandatory positions, he’s still not fighting him. No interpretation, just facts

I was sure I'd read something about this but can't find it. I did find this and this:

https://www.boxingscene.com/haney-sa...m-most--166970

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...-titles/223463

Haney says who he fights next depends on whether the Aussie wants the rematch or not. From what he said Saturday night it would appear the rematch option hasn't been exercised yet. Secondly Haney isn't going to fight at 135 again unless it's the rematch. Maybe a Lomachenko fight would change his mind. Davis isn't going to want to fight at 140 either.

The second article says that Lomachenko will return to the ring if he gets a chance to fight for the undisputed title. Nothing about a tune up fight. So it doesn't look like Lomachenko is dodging anybody.

As far as Lomachenko dodging Haney earlier by giving up his belt wasn't it just the WBC made him franchise champion and gave the regular belt to Haney? Lomachenko has been at the stage of his career where he's just looking for the biggest payday for a while now so Haney wouldn't have been an attractive option back then.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was sure I'd read something about this but can't find it. I did find this and this:

Haney says who he fights next depends on whether the Aussie wants the rematch or not. From what he said Saturday night it would appear the rematch option hasn't been exercised yet. Secondly Haney isn't going to fight at 135 again unless it's the rematch. Maybe a Lomachenko fight would change his mind. Davis isn't going to want to fight at 140 either.

The second article says that Lomachenko will return to the ring if he gets a chance to fight for the undisputed title. Nothing about a tune up fight. So it doesn't look like Lomachenko is dodging anybody.

As far as Lomachenko dodging Haney earlier by giving up his belt wasn't it just the WBC made him franchise champion and gave the regular belt to Haney? Lomachenko has been at the stage of his career where he's just looking for the biggest payday for a while now so Haney wouldn't have been an attractive option back then.
    Haney became his mandatory in more than 3 years ago. And no, the wbc didn’t just make him the franchise champion, his team requested to be franchise champion. AND THEY LIED ABOUT IT.

First let’s look at the reasoning for elevation

“Haney was initially the mandatory challenger to world champion Vasiliy Lomachenko, who was elevated to the status of "franchise champion" - which allowed him to sidestep any obligation to fight Haney.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/amp/wbc-...-champ--149024

Now let’s look at Loma lying that he didn’t ask to be elevated

He said: ‘I read an interview with [WBC president] Mauricio Sulaiman, he said we filed a request to be awarded the ‘franchise’ title.

‘I would like to make it clear I did not file anything and no-one asked for it. When I read that, I was very surprised.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/20/vasyl...-11188150/amp/

And you can watch Sulaymaniyah confirm that Loma requested the elevation :30 into this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sCCYdI0CDWc

Search “Arum denies requesting franchise belt”, you will find nothing, which says everything

As for why Haney is most interested in those 2 guys, they are the only ones capable of getting him out of his obligation to fight Kambosos. They would be his mandatories if they chose to apply their status. Both refuse.

I can’t recall where I read that Loma said he wanted a tuneup but when I remember I will post it.

While I try to remember where I read Loma wanted a tuneup. Here’s Arum today saying they aren’t even looking at Haney. They’re looking at a tuneup then Shakur Stevenson

“Lomachenko (16-2, 11 KOs) will need to be given leave from the Ukrainian military and fight a tune-up match in October before this fight can occur.”

https://www.fightsports.tv/bob-arum-wants-vasyl-lomachenko-vs-shakur-stevenson-for-2023/
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 07-23-2022 at 04:42 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haney became his mandatory in more than 3 years ago. And no, the wbc didn’t just make him the franchise champion, his team requested to be franchise champion. AND THEY LIED ABOUT IT.

First let’s look at the reasoning for elevation

“Haney was initially the mandatory challenger to world champion Vasiliy Lomachenko, who was elevated to the status of "franchise champion" - which allowed him to sidestep any obligation to fight Haney.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/amp/wbc-...-champ--149024

Now let’s look at Loma lying that he didn’t ask to be elevated

He said: ‘I read an interview with [WBC president] Mauricio Sulaiman, he said we filed a request to be awarded the ‘franchise’ title.

‘I would like to make it clear I did not file anything and no-one asked for it. When I read that, I was very surprised.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/20/vasyl...-11188150/amp/

And you can watch Sulaymaniyah confirm that Loma requested the elevation :30 into this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sCCYdI0CDWc

Search “Arum denies requesting franchise belt”, you will find nothing, which says everything

As for why Haney is most interested in those 2 guys, they are the only ones capable of getting him out of his obligation to fight Kambosos. They would be his mandatories if they chose to apply their status. Both refuse.

I can’t recall where I read that Loma said he wanted a tuneup but when I remember I will post it.

While I try to remember where I read Loma wanted a tuneup. Here’s Arum today saying they aren’t even looking at Haney. They’re looking at a tuneup then Shakur Stevenson

“Lomachenko (16-2, 11 KOs) will need to be given leave from the Ukrainian military and fight a tune-up match in October before this fight can occur.”

https://www.fightsports.tv/bob-arum-...nson-for-2023/

Hang on a minute. Lomachenko didn't even fight for a WBC belt until the Campbell fight. He won that and now had three belts which means three mandatories. He could do without the extra mandatories and liked the fact that Alvarez had a franchise belt so that he could ignore mandatories and fight for the biggest paydays like Alvarez does.

The WBC, who only blessed the Campbell fight with the vacant belt because Lomachenko was/(is) the biggest revenue generator in the division and thus would give the WBC the biggest sanctioning fees while holding the belt, decided to give him the franchise belt for the same reason. He gets the franchise belt in October 2019.

In August 2019 Lomachenko fights for a WBC belt for the first time. In October 2019 they give him the franchise belt. In November 2019 Haney wins the WBC world belt. Like anybody else at the top of the lightweight division he starts calling out Lomachenko but is a million miles away from getting the fight. Lomachenko doesn't need to fight mandatories and is looking for the biggest paydays he can make being towards the end of his career. He's already negotiating for one of the biggest fights outside of the heavyweight division with Lopez. He loses to Lopez.

Now Lomachenko is looking for a title fight. He has a comeback fight and then can't make one. Haney is busy fighting a couple of pensioners and eventually a mandatory. Nobody is rushing to give Lomachenko a title fight so he fights Commey. Then he goes off to fight the Russians.

And that's where we are. I really don't think he's ducking anybody, he's just navigating his way through the top end of the professional boxing world trying to make the biggest paydays he can. If by October 2019 Haney had been a bigger revenue generator than Lopez and had held a belt and people were clamouring to see the fight then he would have fought Haney instead of Lopez. Instead Haney was just a guy who hadn't even been top of the bill for a TV broadcast before with a negligible fanbase who had just won his belt as third on the bill with a fucking youtuber topping the bill. Seriously, he's nowhere near a Lomachenko fight at this point. Even his management wouldn't want it right away. He's only calling Lomachenko out to get publicity and name recognition among boxing fans.

Haney has said two things recently. That the Greek Aussie hasn't made up his mind about a rematch and that if he doesn't fight him he probably won't fight at lightweight again.

No fighter is capable of getting Haney out of the rematch. You're confusing the rulebooks of the alphabet organisations with contract law, the kind that judges rule on in law courts. Haney signed a contract obligating him to a rematch should the Aussie want it. He has no way out of it unless he wants to be ruined financially. If it means that one of the alphabet mobs take his belt away because he can't fight a mandatory because he's contracted to the rematch then that's just his tough luck, the contract is going to take precedence.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob is now saying Loma needs a tuneup as I said before….but…. he’s saying Loma vs Haney would be next.(I don’t have Bob saying it but it’s being reported he said it in many places so here is one of the places

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yIDvt9_GDGU&noapp=1

Of course it’s just words but it’s better than everything stated so far

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this is the latest "ducking" thread, I'd like to submit Exhibit A.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2022/08...yre-moving-on/

Gervonta Davis Vs. Ryan Garcia Fight NOT Happening, De La Hoya Says They’re “Moving On”

This time it's Tank who's being ducked... and HARD.

Can't blame DLH, though. Bet he took another look at Leo Santa Cruz lying flat on his back from that Tank uppercut and quietly decided to "move on."

"Hey... I called and they didn't pick up the phone. What can I do? Psst... PauperRy... let's get the hell outta Dodge."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob is now saying Loma needs a tuneup as I said before
    sounds like loma will face jamaine ortiz in october
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information