Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Michael Conlan vs Miguel Marriaga

Michael Conlan is set to take on Miguel Marriaga in August 2022, but what will the UK Start Time be for the event itself?

Michael “Mick” Conlan of Ireland is prepared to pursue a featherweight world title once more. It’s time for Conlan’s summer homecoming less than five months after his brave attempt against WBA champion Leigh Wood.

As part of Belfast’s annual Féile an Phobail festival, Conlan will face Colombian puncher Miguel Marriaga in the 10-round main event on Saturday, 6th August 2022 at The SSE.

Tickets for the event are on sale and fight fans can purchase them online directly from SSE Arena Belfast.

Here’s everything you need to know about the UK Start Time for Michael Conlan vs Miguel Marriaga Fight Night at the SSE Arena, on 6th August 2022.

Irish Olympian Conlan, who has competed twice, will be headlining for the third time at Féile an Phobail and making his fourth professional appearance in Belfast. He defeated Diego Alberto Ruiz in front of a packed house at Falls Park in August 2019.

When Conlan (16-1, 8 KOs) defeated former junior featherweight world champion TJ Doheny over the course of 12 rounds last summer, Falls Park was once again packed to capacity.

Conlan was given the mandatory position to face Wood after Doheny’s victory. Conlan, who had the advantage on the scorecards, was stopped in the 12th round in an epic Fight of the Year contest.

Since making his American debut in 2014, Marriaga (30-5, 28 KOs), of Arjona, Colombia, has been competitive at featherweight and junior lightweight.

He has attempted to win three world titles, losing against Vasyl Lomachenko in August 2017 for the WBO junior lightweight title as well as Nicholas Walters and Oscar Valdez at featherweight.

Following a decision loss to junior lightweight contender Eduardo Ramirez in December of last year, Marriaga, who is 5-2 since the Lomachenko fight, moves up to featherweight.

As of writing on Wednesday 20th July 2022, the only confirmed official BST timing for the event is 10:00 PM BST on Saturday 6th August 2022 and will live at the SSE Arena in the UK.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...65e9dd3901372a
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Michael Conlan vs Miguel Marriaga

Ugh, remember Loma fans trying to build Marriaga into “one of the very best” even though he was coming off a loss and moving up in weight?

I assume Marriaga is brought in to lose?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Belfast featherweight Michael Conlan wants to avenge his defeat by Leigh Wood after a comfortable victory against Miguel Marriaga.

Conlan, who was knocked out by Wood in their WBA title fight in March, secured a unanimous points win over Colombian Marriaga in Belfast on Saturday.

"If we get a rematch, fantastic, but if not give me someone else," said 30-year-old Conlan.

"It's up to him, but to be honest I'm sick of talking about the guy."

Wood inflicted Conlan's first professional defeat and first knockout in Nottingham as he retained his WBA title.

Conlan was on course for victory before a powerful punch sent him through the ropes and on to the canvas in the final round.

Marriaga caught Conlan with a big punch in the final round at the SSE Arena but this time he stayed on his feet and secured victory.

"I'm actually glad that happened as it it got rid of a few demons for me - it shows that if I'm hurt I can survive," said Conlan.

"It was very important. As much as any fighter says everything is OK, we all have demons and we all have doubts.

"If you have the right mixture of fear and confidence it plays well. You're put in the same place where the same thing could have happened but it didn't.

"I changed how it went, I did the right things and made the right moves instead of doing silly stuff and being caught where I shouldn't be.

"It was a very good fight, a great learning fight and a great building fight."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/62456273

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

miguel is shot he only really fought in the last round, crazy to see mike go from a fight of the year to this
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marriaga was awful against Conlan, in fact some portion of his purse should have been withheld. That was a poor showing from him.

Thread Information