Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: If Shakur Stevenson becomes undisputed at 130.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If Shakur Stevenson becomes undisputed at 130.

If Stevenson fights and beats Gutierrez and Cordina for the WBA and IBF belts after beating Conceicao, is he the GOAT at 130? Nobody in boxing history has ever held all 4 belts at 130.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Shakur Stevenson becomes undisputed at 130.

No. Beating those names and becoming undisputed does not make you GOAT just the best in the division.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

shakur would need to do more than that to become the goat at one thirty for me
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The weight has been around a long time and respect should be shown for Asumah Nelson, Sandy Saddler, Kid Chocolate, Elorde, and Arguello.

https://at-the-buzzer.com/best-super...xers-all-time/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not the GOAT. Master named some great fighters at the weight and I will add Chavez and Floyd to that list. What hurts Shakur in that sense is available competition. He has better fighters who are more well known up at 135. He is a great fighter though- I have high hopes/expectations for him.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Not the GOAT. Master named some great fighters at the weight and I will add Chavez and Floyd to that list. What hurts Shakur in that sense is available competition. He has better fighters who are more well known up at 135. He is a great fighter though- I have high hopes/expectations for him.
    i'd like to see shakur v joe cordina & the winner of roger gutierrez v hector luis garcia but you are right that there are bigger fights for him at lightweight
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GOAT is all about who you fought. There aren’t the names to make him GOAT but he is probably a top 3 P4P fighter just putting in the work to get there. Still though, I’m all for guys collecting all the belts. Hope he goes for that rather than chasing the money. But I suspect he wants to go get Loma, he sparred him at 19 and seems real confident about how that fight would go now. If he goes up to 135 I doubt he ever comes back down.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think quality over quantity . Belts are a dime a dozen and don't speak to overall substance. All three have been champ for a year and a half..they could all use some time to define and unification is a great career step for Stevenson.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last year was a memorable one for Shakur Stevenson, who managed to become the unified super featherweight champion and be considered one of the world's best pound-for-pound fighters.

Now in 2023, the American will be looking to continue his rise and become one of boxing's biggest names.

However, with Stevenson looking to move up to lightweight, a potential clash with former IBF 130lb champion Joe Cordina is becoming less likely, but the 25-year-old is still open to facing the Welshman.

"The only reason I comment on him [Joe Cordina] is because he keeps mentioning my name," Stevenson told The DAZN Boxing Show when asked whether a fight with Cordina is still of interest.

"I’m down to fight him, I think he’s a good fighter, I can’t take anything away from that dude.

"This smoke is a little bit different; he’s knocking out them dudes and I guess he’s really hyped about it.

"He can sit there and keeping saying what he’s got to say."

But with Cordina prioritising a chance to win his IBF title back against Shavkat Rakhimov Stevenson, Stevenson admitted this could scupper a potential clash.

"We could fight at the end of the day, I’m ready right now. He’s saying something about waiting until he gets his title back, and I’m not fighting at 130, so why are we waiting for you get your title back?

"We’re both free."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...4dcf734993f0aa

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

shakur has already had pitbull cruz, camaron zepeda & ferocious kambosos turn down challenges at lightweight, it sounds like shuichiro yoshino might have stepped up to the plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Think quality over quantity . Belts are a dime a dozen and don't speak to overall substance. All three have been champ for a year and a half..they could all use some time to define and unification is a great career step for Stevenson.

Key phrase here.

I think the phrase GOAT gets thrown around like loose change. Total disrespect and disregard for the past greats already mentioned on here, to be calling Shakur the GOAT of anything right now. Belt collections are overrated nowadays.

Thread Information