Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How good was Floyd?

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    where have i ever said must see to believe? in real life i say verify to be true.

Oh stop it! You're killing me here.

You're burying yourself in this argument.

Pretty rich... from someone who lives in Conspiracy Theory La-La-Land... and has denied a pandemic that has been proven and re-proven and re-re-proven to all of the civilized world.... and that has killed scores of people worldwide.

"Where have you ever said must see to believe??"

You've.

Got.

To.

Be.

Kidding.

Me.

where is your proof that convid is a virus caught from outside the body, from person to person through the air or off surfaces that i can verify? you have already admitted that you only believe that & spat the dummy when the burden of proof was placed on you to prove your belief is true. still waiting for me to show me where i said must see to believe

Keep talking, bro. We love having our own Forum Jester on board. Don't let me stop you... you're on a roll.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where have i ever said must see to believe? in real life i say verify to be true.

Pretty rich... from someone who lives in Conspiracy Theory La-La-Land... and has denied a pandemic that has been proven and re-proven and re-re-proven to all of the civilized world.... and that has killed scores of people worldwide.

You've.

Got.

To.

Be.

Kidding.

Me.

where is your proof that convid is a virus caught from outside the body, from person to person through the air or off surfaces that i can verify? you have already admitted that you only believe that & spat the dummy when the burden of proof was placed on you to prove your belief is true. still waiting for me to show me where i said must see to believe

Keep talking, bro. We love having our own Forum Jester on board. Don't let me stop you... you're on a roll.
    i will keep talking. having trouble providing your proof that i can verify? still waiting for you to show me where i said must see to believe
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've.

Got.

To.

Be.

Kidding.

Me.

i will keep talking. having trouble providing your proof that i can verify? still waiting for you to show me where i said must see to believe

Are you going to want to have the last word here too?

It's just that I've noticed that you'll just keep responding until TIC is the name under "last post."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've.

Got.

To.

Be.

Kidding.

Me.

It's just that I've noticed that you'll just keep responding until TIC is the name under "last post."
    still no proof?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry to shitty up the boxing boards but TIC seems more than capable of doing that single handedly. Just for clarification your words TIC

"we're you there spastic? no you weren't so you do know anything, you only believe what has been presented to you & even if you were there then i would have to rely on what you said, nothing i verified myself to be true & you are a proven liar. you're the coward who injected himself with chemicals for something you don't even know exists, what a retard, almost three years into this scamdemic, shouldn't i be dead by now? i never complied with any of the bullshit & it was hilarious watching you be fooled. "

So yeah TitoFan is correct you have repeatedly insisted not only that someone must witness things first hand but also that they must personally verify everything before they can believe it.

Obviously nobody can live their life like that so people can make their own conclusions on you from that.

Floyd was on another level. Not the best, but certainly up there in great company.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've.

Got.

To.

Be.

Kidding.

Me.

still no proof?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Sorry to shitty up the boxing boards but TIC seems more than capable of doing that single handedly. Just for clarification your words TIC

"we're you there spastic? no you weren't so you do know anything, you only believe what has been presented to you & even if you were there then i would have to rely on what you said, nothing i verified myself to be true & you are a proven liar. you're the coward who injected himself with chemicals for something you don't even know exists, what a retard, almost three years into this scamdemic, shouldn't i be dead by now? i never complied with any of the bullshit & it was hilarious watching you be fooled. "

So yeah TitoFan is correct you have repeatedly insisted not only that someone must witness things first hand but also that they must personally verify everything before they can believe it.

Obviously nobody can live their life like that so people can make their own conclusions on you from that.

Floyd was on another level. Not the best, but certainly up there in great company.

The shitting up of any of the boards nowadays has one common denominator.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I would have Thomas Hitman Hearns on a p4p ATG list and he lost to great fighters in Leonard and Hagler. He was fearless and went up the weights destroying most along the way. Just because he lost does not mean he was lower than Floyd.
    Absolutely! I was only talking about this the other day. Unfortunately there are “ifs” that stop him being ranked maybe top 1 or 2.
    1. If he had beaten SRL in one or both of their fights (not inconceivable)
    2. If he hadn’t thrown his game plan out of the window against Hagler at the first bell because of something that riled him in the build up week.
    And also , I’m more convinced about him than any other Boxer ,that if he fought Floyd in a mythical match up that he would beat him .
    Tommy was a beast- I feel like he won the Leonard rematch pretty handily but they scored it a draw. No shame in the first loss at all, that was a great match up between two legit ATGs in their primes. No shame in the Hagler loss either- he moved up to take on one of the best ATG middles ever and lost the most exciting fight in the history of the sport. The losses to Barkley hurt Tommy’s ranking more than anything else- Barkley had his number but outside of that he shouldn’t have been anywhere near Tommy’s level.

Head to head Tommy and Ray destroy Floyd at 147. As Master said, however, 147 wasn’t Floyd’s best weight and the other two were HUGE and maybe in the top 3 best ever at the weight. Historically ranking them I put Ray above Floyd (by a few spots) and Tommy behind him.
    Barkley was very lucky in the first fight, he was being ripped apart and absolutely destroyed with the ref about to stop it.

Tommy was vicious, so precise with his punches and dominated that contest until that punch! That was a near complete performance as you could get, top quality from Hearns.
    Floyd is a genuinely great boxer. Cool, composed and immaculate technique with a tough tough mindset.

At Welter, though, Hearns murders him. Tommy was HUGE at the weight, whereas Floyd was always a small welter.

Hearns is the only guy to truly outbox Ray Leonard, who I think was technically as good as Floyd. Hearns was truly vicious in there too …. And I would know.

Over 12 rounds, I don’t see how Floyd wins this one. If you were going to create a composite fighter to beat Floyd, it would end up looking just like Tommy.
    Agree with this. Will add that Ray Leonard also was the composite fighter to beat Floyd at 147- as you said he is just as good technically but at 147 was the bigger man and hit much harder. No shame in that for Floyd though, I feel the better mythical match ups for Floyd are at his more natural weights of 135/140. I would love to see Floyd vs prime Sweet Pea, Duran, JCC, Pryor...etc. Those would be great match ups and there wouldn't be the size disadvantage for Floyd like there would be against the best 147 pounders. For me it's a testament to Floyd's greatness that he is compared against the greatest welters ever when that was not his best weight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have Thomas Hitman Hearns on a p4p ATG list and he lost to great fighters in Leonard and Hagler. He was fearless and went up the weights destroying most along the way. Just because he lost does not mean he was lower than Floyd.
    Absolutely! I was only talking about this the other day. Unfortunately there are “ifs” that stop him being ranked maybe top 1 or 2.
    2. If he hadn’t thrown his game plan out of the window against Hagler at the first bell because of something that riled him in the build up week.
    And also , I’m more convinced about him than any other Boxer ,that if he fought Floyd in a mythical match up that he would beat him .
    Tommy was a beast- I feel like he won the Leonard rematch pretty handily but they scored it a draw. No shame in the first loss at all, that was a great match up between two legit ATGs in their primes. No shame in the Hagler loss either- he moved up to take on one of the best ATG middles ever and lost the most exciting fight in the history of the sport. The losses to Barkley hurt Tommy’s ranking more than anything else- Barkley had his number but outside of that he shouldn’t have been anywhere near Tommy’s level.

Head to head Tommy and Ray destroy Floyd at 147. As Master said, however, 147 wasn’t Floyd’s best weight and the other two were HUGE and maybe in the top 3 best ever at the weight. Historically ranking them I put Ray above Floyd (by a few spots) and Tommy behind him.
    Barkley was very lucky in the first fight, he was being ripped apart and absolutely destroyed with the ref about to stop it.

Tommy was vicious, so precise with his punches and dominated that contest until that punch! That was a near complete performance as you could get, top quality from Hearns.
    Floyd is a genuinely great boxer. Cool, composed and immaculate technique with a tough tough mindset.

At Welter, though, Hearns murders him. Tommy was HUGE at the weight, whereas Floyd was always a small welter.

Hearns is the only guy to truly outbox Ray Leonard, who I think was technically as good as Floyd. Hearns was truly vicious in there too …. And I would know.

Over 12 rounds, I don’t see how Floyd wins this one. If you were going to create a composite fighter to beat Floyd, it would end up looking just like Tommy.
    Agree with this. Will add that Ray Leonard also was the composite fighter to beat Floyd at 147- as you said he is just as good technically but at 147 was the bigger man and hit much harder. No shame in that for Floyd though, I feel the better mythical match ups for Floyd are at his more natural weights of 135/140. I would love to see Floyd vs prime Sweet Pea, Duran, JCC, Pryor...etc. Those would be great match ups and there wouldn't be the size disadvantage for Floyd like there would be against the best 147 pounders. For me it's a testament to Floyd's greatness that he is compared against the greatest welters ever when that was not his best weight.
    That is similar to Sugar Ray Robinson at middleweight when his best was at Welterweight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is similar to Sugar Ray Robinson at middleweight when his best was at Welterweight.
    Definitely. The difference being that I don’t see anyone as a definite favorite over Ray at 160- he was so good that even above his natural weight he would be favored over the greats of that division. It’s splitting hairs at this level but that is an example of why I personally can’t see a case for Floyd over Robinson. Back then there were only eight weight classes and one champ per weight- Ray would’ve cleaned out 154 and 168 had those divisions been there. Joey Maxim was a great light heavy and Ray was dominating him until he dehydrated and suffered heat exhaustion.
    Last edited by mikeeod; 08-10-2022 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry Beanz, I tried to give this post 2 likes, but apparently you can only give 1! 👍👍👍
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

everything about you is shitty spergy larry. you are proving yourself a liar again spastic. show me one time i have said that they must personally verify everything before they can believe it. i have always said that you must verify things yourself to know them to be true. you are so retarded that you can't understand the difference between knowing & believing, anyone can believe whatever they like. i'll wait for your proof that i said what you claim but i know you don't have any because you're a spazzy liar
    Last edited by TIC; 08-10-2022 at 09:01 PM.

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry Beanz, I tried to give this post 2 likes, but apparently you can only give 1! 👍👍👍
    what a champ

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well one thing is proven, the thread has been highjacked and collectively shitted up a bit . Gents let's call it a day with the insults and chasing our tails page after page on the main board, plenty of other spots here for the slap fights and wedgie contests . Believe that! Thanks and Floyd was phenomenal..but I cannot stand the man. He lacked something testicular at 147 that he seemed to have early on at 130 and 135.

Thread Information