Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Joe Joyce v Joseph Parker

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Joyce v Joseph Parker

Joseph Parker has unfinished business with Dillian Whyte as he seeks a swift return to the ring following his defeat to Joe Joyce on Saturday night.

"He was the better man, I would love the opportunity to fight him again but I have to work my way back," Parker told iD Boxing. "I was happy to be involved in a great fight and congratulations to Joe Joyce.

"When you do watch Joe Joyce his jab, his punches don't seem the fastest, but they're very heavy and his jab was deceptive and quite quick, quicker than I thought. Maybe I should have had head movement and done other things better."

Joyce yet again proved a tough opponent to break down as his renowned chin stood firm in the face of some strong early rounds for Parker.

The Londoner rarely looked like slowing and took full control over the second half of the fight as he wore Parker down before landing the decisive blow to send the former world champion to the canvas and force the referee to bring things to a halt.

"I was boxing really the best I could off the pressure he put on, the early rounds were going okay," said Parker. "When it hit the sixth everything turned there, obviously I got caught by a good shot, it happens.

"I felt pretty good, the training camp was great, I felt good and there are no excuses really. It means I have to go back and keep learning and keep working.

"I landed a good shot and he kept coming forward like nothing happened, he can take a punch. He gave a lot of punches back and kept the pressure on."

Parker, who has previously been in the ring with the likes of Anthony Joshua, Andy Ruiz Jr and Whyte, noted that Joyce is up there with the best he has ever faced.

"Joe Joyce in terms of what he showed last night is right at the top, the pressure, the punches, the determination to keep pushing," he explained.

The 30-year-old suffered a unanimous decision defeat to Whyte back in 2018 having come close to forcing a stoppage when he dropped his opponent in the final round. Whoever the opponent, Parker is keen to stay active.

"I think as a fighter and I take myself as an example, the busier I am with fights the better I get and when you have a long time away from fighting you sort of lose touch," he said. "I'd like to fight a soon as I can.

"I'll go home, see my wife and kids, spend some quality time and then come back and see what's next.

"I'd love to fight Dillian Whyte. If he's free and available and there's nothing locked in for him I think it would be a great fight.

"He's coming off a loss, I'm coming off a loss, if we can make it happen it would be great because the first fight was a close fight."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...01af8b647e6114
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

salute to the juggernaut. good fight. slow & steady joe is going to get you
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony Bellew on Joe Joyce

The former Scouse champion was hugely impressed by Joyce, telling talkSPORT: “Joe Joyce’s best attribute is his durability and that came through once again.

“He outlasts his man and… his durability is on another level, I’ve never seen anything like it… but he also has the fitness, dexterity and calmness to see through storms and that’s what he’s done.

“He did it against Daniel Dubois, now he’s done it against Joseph Parker and he’s a problem for any heavyweight in the world.”

Bellew stated: “Joyce is purely a problem because he’s going to be there, You won’t get rid of him, until the bubble bursts and someone does finally knock him out.

“I think the only guys who could knock him out potentially are Deontay Wilder or maybe AJ, I’m not even sure Fury could do it.

“He threw 800 punches on Saturday night and 600 of those 800 are not very damaging, they’re just taps, but if you keep knocking on a wall in the end it’s going to fall down.

“That’s what Joe Joyce does, he just keeps coming and he keeps that work rate going. He fights at a pace that most heavyweights just don’t do and they can’t keep with him and then after you hit him with absolutely everything and this pace is just continuing, it’s a problem.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...1a31de457901a1

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bellew is a prick but he usually talks a lot of sense and here he’s done exactly that.
    I’m gonna give Joyce a lot of credit here, considering I’ve never been over keen on him. He’s painful on the eyes, but he gets the job done. And like Bellew said, he’s a problem for any HW out there. And for most, he’s almost impossible to beat.
    You can hit 7 bells out of him, but he just keeps coming forward and he’s got freakish stamina for his size.
    I watched an interview the other day where he said he underwent some tests with Saracens Rugby club that showed that his bone density is 5 times more than normal.
    The cunt is basically made of iron. Add to that , he can bang, very heavy handed, remember when he appeared to be pawing away at Dubois and he broke his orbital bone. And he just keeps coming!
    I still think Usyk could win a landslide points victory against him, but I’m not sure Fury and AJ do the same.
    He would smash Wilder to pieces, and I can’t see anybody else beating him outside these.
    But is this what we’ve come to ? Boxing is a sport and yet this monster can just stand there and take punches all night and then maul someone to death.
    And although his bones are so dense, should we be worried about the punches he absorbs. It can’t be good for you.
    So mixed feelings really, because there has to be an element of the sweet science there surely?

Ps @Master, this is my way of giving you some kudos as well after what I said Pre-fight , and eating a bit of humble pie.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 09-28-2022 at 07:43 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury has hinted that he could fight Oleksandr Usyk after being called out by Joe Joyce. Fury has said that he wants to become the undisputed heavyweight champion before fighting Joyce, which he can only do by defeating Usyk.

Fury is expected to announce a fight soon despite previously suggesting he would retire after beating Dillian Whyte. Talks with Usyk commenced but the Ukrainian fighter suggested that he would prefer to fight in 2023 due to injuries he suffered in his victory against Anthony Joshua.

Joshua has since been pursued by Fury, but has been accused by the Gypsy King of stalling over a contract. Joshua has insisted that he will sign the deal, but the paperwork is currently with his lawyers.

Fury has now sparked rumours of renewed discussions with Usyk. He has told fellow Brit Joyce that he would only fight him once he becomes the undisputed heavyweight, which he can do by claiming the WBO, WBA and IBF titles from Usyk.

Challenging Fury to a bout, Joyce tweeted: "Let's Go, sign the contract, Big Boy!!! N.1 Vs N.2 for the LINEAL!!!"

But Fury responded by hinting at a fight with Usyk: "It's not tour time big Joe I have to win undisputed first vs the middleweight! You also have to build yourself up to the big time!"

Joyce's call-out came after Fury had said he was the second-best heavyweight in the world. Fury said in a video posted to Twitter: "I've had a lovely day watching boxing, watching all the big fights and studying all the heavyweights.

"And I've got to say, that big Joe Joyce is the second-best heavyweight in the world, behind myself. On his day, given his moment, who knows if he could beat me or not? We'll have to find out one of the days.

"I've looked at all the mandatories for the world titles and I've changed my mind - big Joe Joyce is No. 2 heavyweight in the world. Who knows if he's No. 1. One day, we'll have to find out who is better."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...deab0c6e64f58f

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big Joe Joyce would smoke AJ.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Joyce reminds me of Vitali Klitschko, tall, Upright, strong, probing jab, can fight inside or outside, clubbing punches and iron chin.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Joe Joyce reminds me of Vitali Klitschko, tall, Upright, strong, probing jab, can fight inside or outside, clubbing punches and iron chin.
    welcome back

Thread Information