Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyson Fury v Derek Chisora 3 Nonsense!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury v Derek Chisora 3 Nonsense!

Tyson Fury has announced that he intends to return to professional boxing and has enlisted the help of British featherweight boxer Isaac Lowe. In a video posted to Twitter, Fury stated that he has decided to come back to boxing in order to fight Derek Chisora with Lowe as his new head coach.

During the video, he said: "Well Andy, I've decided to come back to boxing because I can be the first heavyweight champion in history to have two trilogies, one with Deontay Wilder and a second one with Derek Chisora.

"I always said I'd fight Derek Chisora at the end of my career and here we are breaking all records again, setting precedents and why I've chosen Isaac Lowe as my trainer is because when I was with Peter [Fury] Issac was there, when I was with Ben [Davison] Issac's always been there, and when I was with SugarHill [Steward] Isaac's always been there as well. He's always given me information, he knows me better than anybody on the planet and we're a great team, we've always been together and we're going to finish this out together.

"We've always worked very well together, and here we are about to take on a massive massive massive event."

New trainer Lowe added: "Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, it's a new challenge for me and listen I've been with you all of your career and I think I can put something new together so looking forward to it and it's a tough task but something to look forward to going forward."

Lowe (21-2-3) is a former Commonwealth featherweight champion and has no previous coaching experience. The 'Westgate Warrior' is one of Fury's training partners and has featured on many of 'The Gypsy King's' undercards but now - providing the announcement is genuine - he will take on an entirely different role at the head of the Mancunian's camps.

It is presently unclear what this means for SugarHill Steward who has been Fury's head trainer since the second Deontay Wilder fight. There has been no reaction from Steward or anyone from Kronk Gym.

Fury's interest in Chisora started after 'Del Boy' predicted Dillian Whyte to knockout Fury during their April showdown at Wembley Stadium. Fury took exception to these comments and claims he is 'no longer friends' with Chisora. Speaking to talkSPORT, he said: "Me and Derek Chisora used to be chum buddies. I went to Monaco to support him. I went to Hamburg to support him. Then, as soon as I have a fight he goes, 'I'll pick the other guy'. So, Derek Chisora can kiss my a*** and if I see him I'm going to punch him in the face."

He continued: "when I see you, Derek, you've got me to fight. Derek Chisora if you're out there and you wanna fight come and see me. I've busted you two times already and I'll do it again, you little sucker."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...a2b296d34d9cc4
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury v Derek Chisora 3 Nonsense!

Pathetic and pointless.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought this was a joke at first.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tyson should only be focused on the winner of oleksandr v aj
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he wants another trilogy why doesn't he fight Big John McDermott again?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TYSON FURY's proposed trilogy fight with Derek Chisora "won't be a competitive" bout, another ex-opponent has claimed.

Fury, 33, recently came out of retirement to pursue a third showdown with his old rival later this year.

The Gypsy King boxed Chisora from pillar to post in their July 2011 and November 2014 clashes, so much so a third fight has been lambasted by former foe Otto Wallin.

The Swede told Lord Ping: "It’s simply not a competitive fight [between Fury and Chisora].

"Fury has already beaten Chisora twice and once stopped him. You can’t compare my fight with Fury with Chisora's two fights."

Wallin, 31, gave Fury a real run for his money in their Las Vegas showdown in 2019 and left the Brit with a horrific cut above his right eye.

And the Swedish slugger is confident he'd do a number on the Brit if he managed to bag himself a rematch.

He said: "I deserved it with my performance in the first fight. I landed more punches on Fury than anybody has in his whole career.

"I cut him badly in two places and the fight could have easily been stopped.

"In fact, if I had those cuts the fight would for sure have been stopped.

"When I fought Fury, I had never been on that level before and I had only fought one round in 18 months prior to that fight.

"Now I’ve gained experience in fighting Fury and winning four other fights after that.

"I’m a better fighter now than what I was in 2019."

Fan favourite Fury recently claimed he'd be coached by long-time training partner Isaac Lowe for his Battle of Britain with Chisora, who he's urged to "get the f***ing contract signed".

But Del Boy insists he's yet to receive a bout agreement, saying: "Tyson, stop talking s**t, mate.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19462...y-fight-talks/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He never left. Thing is he thinks he's witty and slight of hand..but it's just tired and very predictable. A third Chisora is a slap in the face to everything relevant at heavyweight. If you want to see the man off into REAL retirement with a stuffed wallet just cut him a check with a handshake.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is derek even rated in the top fifteen with the wbc? the wbc will have to fix that right up
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury is back in training camp with Joseph Parker, helping the New Zealand heavyweight to prepare for a clash with Joe Joyce.

Parker, who faces Briton Joyce at the AO Arena in Manchester on 24 September, was a training partner for Fury amid the “Gypsy King”’s preparations for a WBC title defence against Dillian Whyte in April.

Fury stopped fellow Briton Whyte in Round 6 to retain the belt and remain unbeaten, and the 33-year-old is now returning Parker’s favour by helping the Kiwi ahead of his fight with Joyce.

“Team back together and ready for camp,” Parker wrote on Instagram, in a caption to a story video of himself and Fury sat ringside in a gym.

“It’s go time, let’s go!” Fury shouts in the video.

Fury has claimed to be retired since knocking out Whyte, but the 33-year-old has gone back and forth on the matter, and The Independent reported last week that the WBC champion is in talks to fight Derek Chisora this December. Fury has twice beaten Chisora, outpointing his compatriot in 2011 and stopping him in 2014.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...80ee0c9fc30ab9

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is many things, but an idiot isn’t one of them.

If he is eyeing up the winner of Usyk/Joshua (any why on earth wouldn’t he?) …. It makes total sense to have a very winnable warmup bout in the meantime
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heard Tyson Fury dad on radio the other day and he normally talks sense but even he is trying to make a case for this fight.

The first 2 fights were terrible, Fury even went southpaw for the second fight because it was too easy. Tyson could have stopped Chisora anytime he wanted but did not because Chisora is a friend.

The manufactured dislike between the two that they are fabricating in the media can be seen clearly and there is no need for it. We are not idiots.

Fury should make this at least free to air that would generate huge interest.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury suggests Derek Chisora fight is on verge of falling through

Tyson Fury has suggested that his potential trilogy fight with Derek Chisora is on the verge of falling through.

Fury and Chisora have been in talks over the prospect of a third clash, as reported by The Independent last week, with the “Gypsy King” having beaten his fellow Briton in 2011 and 2014.

Fury, 33, has now indicated that it is unlikely that a deal will be made, however.

“Do you know, the funny thing is, people love to do deals and then ask for more or change the goalposts,” Fury said in a video in Twitter, while tagging Chisora.

“But the usual thing for me is, then I go and tell them to get f****d, so there we are.”

A fight between the heavyweights was being targeted for a December date, with ESPN having reported this week that Cardiff’s Principality Stadium was the likeliest venue.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...afcddf72817e3a

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury doesn’t have any intention of having a trilogy fight with Derek Chisora, according to promoter Bob Arum.

On Wednesday, Fury revealed he will come out of retirement to run it back with ‘Del Boy’.

The Gypsy King also claimed that a rubber match between himself and Chisora is being discussed with Anthony Joshua‘s management team.

However, according to Arum, that’s not the case.

“Of course not,” Fury’s Hall of Fame promoter told Fight Freaks Unite’s Dan Rafael.

“Nothing. What are we, crazy? Everybody is waiting for the fight to happen a week from Saturday and then we’ll explore whether it’s feasible to do a fight for the complete unification.

“He’s having fun, for Christ sake! Don’t take it seriously!

“He’s having fun. He gets up in the morning. He figures what kind of s**t to stir up and he says whatever he thinks.

“And because he gets so many hits on all these platforms he has a built in audience. If he got up tomorrow and said he’s coming back to fight X and that the only person that he’ll trust to train him is Bob Arum, he’s capable of saying that.

“The truth is that he gets up in the morning and he figures how he can best stir up s**t and that’s what he does. You think Isaac takes it seriously? Of course not, for Christ sake!

“[Fury] is just having fun. It’s his idea of fun. He’s getting a little antsy as we all are because we’re waiting.

“If Usyk wins then there’s one path to take because then everybody is close and friendly and if Joshua wins then we’ve got to deal with [Joshua promoter] Eddie [Hearn] and all that stuff.

“If the winner needs a lot more time off because of an injury and so forth then there is a possibility we’d move ahead with a Chisora fight. We’re all waiting for the fight in Saudi Arabia to take place and, hopefully, Usyk wins and then our path is clear. Of course, if Joshua wins, in the U.K., it’s a much bigger fight.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...afcddf72817e3a

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

X brought up a great point in his post- Tyson isn't stupid and is constantly doing things to keep his name out there. Usyk/AJ winner cements his legacy, which is really what he has always been after- Chisora is the biggest name/safe tune up fight he can get. I don't blame fighters for tune up/stay busy fights, too many back-to-back super fights is unrealistic and leads to wear/tear and a shortened career. Tyson is great at promoting himself and I can't see him walking away with unfinished business with Usyk/AJ- this keeps him interesting/relevant and his name at the top of headlines until the big fight can be made. I may be too optimistic though...

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    X brought up a great point in his post- Tyson isn't stupid and is constantly doing things to keep his name out there. Usyk/AJ winner cements his legacy, which is really what he has always been after- Chisora is the biggest name/safe tune up fight he can get. I don't blame fighters for tune up/stay busy fights, too many back-to-back super fights is unrealistic and leads to wear/tear and a shortened career. Tyson is great at promoting himself and I can't see him walking away with unfinished business with Usyk/AJ- this keeps him interesting/relevant and his name at the top of headlines until the big fight can be made. I may be too optimistic though...
    tyson doesn't want to be left out & the oleksandr v aj fight to get all the attention. i don't think tyson has any real plans yet & is waiting for the outcome of that fight

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information