Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold
The left uppercut is one of my favorites because everybody is a sucker for that punch. Try slipping a jab over your right shoulder-wt onto the left leg,turn hip and shoulder slightly to the left-and throw the uppercut to the chin. Keys to the move: let the punch barely miss, move no more than necessary, don'tdrop your left hand, make the move fast; lean forward and backimmediately, driving the punch with the hips as the wt goes back to the rt leg. Raise your heavy bag and you can practice this punch off the bottom. It should be a very short inside punch to chin solar plexus, unless you are tall for your wt; at 5' 9" Carlos Zarate at 118lbs was very successful countyering everything with the left upper to the liver.
Straight left...snap comes from keeping your elbow down as long as possible then snapping the arm into rigidity and turning the fist inward. Also a quick turn of the shoulders to the right- untilthe left shoulder reaches the center line of the body. To hook off the jab, there are a couple of ways. First jb and, without retracting the arm, shift wt to the rt leg and throw the hook. Or, jab, not stepping with it. Keep the arm extended and walk to your fist- slide left foot forward then the right foot- thus bending the elbow. Wt to rt leg and hook
great advice bro,cc.For the hook off the jab,I prefer the second method,when I try the first one,it comes out like a sissy slap!!