Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Teofimo Lopez v Pedro Campa ESPN

Impressive last round by Lopez but I think he's been given plenty to think about tonight. He's not a big 140 pounder and the opponents after this guy are going to be a similar size to Campa but a much higher level.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey a Bud light cap. Where's my Chevrolet IROC. Lopez calls out Prograis..ok lets.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

teo didn't need the ref's help with the early stoppage, it was coming soon. one forty is heating up
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel like Teo at 140 is similar to Oscar Valdez. I think being bigger and stronger is important to cover some things up. And at 140 Teo isn't going to always be bigger and stronger. But I also don't think 140 has a Shakur Stevenson type to show the limitations. Long story long I like Teo better at 135 but could see success at 140

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

are early stoppages the norm now? teo got hit with some shots he shouldn't have & he'll have to work on that if he goes against the bigger one forty guys. this was a confidence builder & i really like some of the things teo can do offensively. i could do without teo & his dad's antics. xander got the job done, his chin was all up in the air so he's got some things to work on in the gym. teo is expected back in december
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think 140 will be bad for Teo- his punches won’t have the same effects and he won’t enjoy the size advantage. I think the Loma win was deceiving- it was more about what Loma didn’t do than what Teo did. Loma took the first seven rounds off (likely because he was so much smaller), but once he started letting his hands go Teo looked discouraged and like he wanted to quit. Watch the fight again and pay attention to rounds 9-11, Teo looked ready to fold until he realized he just needed to hang tough for the 12th. I feel contrary to most opinions- Kambosas wasn’t the anomaly, the Loma win was.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Teofimo Lopez made a winning return to the ring as he stopped Pedro Campa in the seventh round at Resorts World Events Center in Las Vegas.

Lopez, 25, was making his debut as a super-lightweight in his first fight since suffering the only loss of his career when he was beaten by George Kambosos Jr last November, which saw the Australian snatch the WBA (Super), IBF and WBO lightweight belts he would later relinquish to Devin Haney in June.

Moments after putting Campa on the canvas at the start of the seventh, Lopez (17-1, 13 KOs) obliterated his outmatched opponent with a flurry of punches, prompting referee Tony Weeks to stop the fight at the 2:14 mark. Mexican Campa dropped to 34-2-1.

"I am grateful for this, I have returned," Lopez said. "I got to work a little bit more on some things, but overall it was good.

"It's been a while. There was a lot on my mind. I nearly almost died [in] the last fight, so that was weighing on my mind, I had to clear it out.

"Going in there, I'm not afraid to die, but the last thing I want to do is not have my son have a father."

American Lopez, nicknamed 'The Takeover', spoke about the possibility of taking on either Josh Taylor or Jack Catterall in the UK before the fight, while his move up to 140lbs has coincided with that of Ryan Garcia.

He said: "I don't care who it is. It could be Ryan Garcia, Taylor, Catterall, I don't care, I want to be at the O2 Arena. I know I have so much love over there and I just need to be over there and embrace that environment and enjoy the energy because you guys are diehard boxing fans."

Regis Prograis and Jose Zepeda are set to fight for the vacant WBC super-lightweight belt and Lopez confirmed he also has them on his radar after the fight, as he looks to become a two-time undisputed champion.

"We've been at 135 for like nine years - it was killing my body since I was a teenage kid," he said. "I've just turned 25 and we want Josh Taylor, we want these guys, we want Prograis, we want Zepeda, we want all the belts, that's what we really want. We want to become a two-time undisputed world champion.

"I'll take on all them boys and take their dreams away. I'm here to be their nightmare. I'm ready to eat all these boys. They are all man-made, Teofimo is self-made. They can never make another one."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...a354bdd61f2501
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Been hearing a lot of fighters saying Teo didn’t look good. And trainers/former trainers. Teddy Atlas for example said Garcia knocks Teo out. Not that Teddy is particularly good at picking fights. Just interesting how many people thought he looked bad.
    I thought he looked like he always looks, with a little less physical advantage. But he definitely doesn’t seem to be improving or of the mindset that he needs to improve

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's hope Garcia listens to Teddy and makes the fight. Either Tank or Teo put Garcia flat on his back.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Let's hope Garcia listens to Teddy and makes the fight. Either Tank or Teo put Garcia flat on his back.
    Partially I wonder if it was just him taking an opportunity to take shots at Joe Tessitore. Because he seemed really bothered by Joe’s compliments of Teo. Said ESPN pushes TR narrative. But then said Bradley and Ward are good though. That makes it seem like a directed attack.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

teofimo could be fighting jose pedraza next on december tenth

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can really see Teo looking over Pedraza. Even a shop worn frame but still accurate puncher Pedraza. Maybe I'm off but a Teo vs returning 140 Lipinets would be solid. Hope the Dec date holds together.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I can really see Teo looking over Pedraza. Even a shop worn frame but still accurate puncher Pedraza. Maybe I'm off but a Teo vs returning 140 Lipinets would be solid. Hope the Dec date holds together.
    arnold barboza jr has been calling out teo since he implied he was moving up. i think that's a good fight. apparently sandor martin was in consideration with jose pedraza

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    arnold barboza jr has been calling out teo since he implied he was moving up. i think that's a good fight. apparently sandor martin was in consideration with jose pedraza

Just saw about Teo fighting Pedraza. I've always liked Pedraza. He's a very skilled grinder, and has given some very good fighters fits.

But...

He doesn't have the offensive firepower to keep Teo honest. While Teo's quick and unorthodox enough to catch a skilled boxer like Pedraza. Plus he's got the power to do some damage. I see this as a difficult task for Pedraza.

Thread Information