Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  43
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins Tyson Fury v AJ

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Fury Vs AJ - December 22

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury Vs AJ - December 22

Oleksandr Usyk slams Tyson Fury over decision to fight Anthony Joshua instead

Tweeted a quote from Uysk, via an interview with Ring, when asked about the forthcoming ‘Battle of Britain’.

“I’m not p***ed off. The bigger problem is Fury is not letting fans see one of the best bouts in boxing history. That’s his fault. Not mine. From a sportsmanship standpoint, it’s not correct.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...910bcc17c535de
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn has revealed that he intends to pencil in a December 17 date against an undisclosed opponent in case Anthony Joshua's proposed bout with Tyson Fury falls through. The pair are set to face each other on December 3 at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales with all personal terms being agreed upon by both parties.

But Hearn doesn't want to leave his fighter's future in the hands of Fury and has formulated a plan B to ensure AJ fights in December

"The good news is you could sell it out the night before, but also it's a huge fight. My biggest concern is - and what I won't allow to happen - I'm not having AJ not fighting in December because we made that decision for him to fight in December," Hearn told the Daily Star.

"I'm working on December 17 as well while we go because I can't put AJ's future in the hands of Tyson Fury. Whilst we will be as positive as we can, as helpful as we, I need to have Plan B up my sleeve because this might not happen.

"In terms of a timeframe, we need to by the end of the week be in a position where we're going backwards and forwards on the contract. The broadcasters need to have their discussions - DAZN and BT - which I don't think will be a problem.

"It's actually not that complicated. It was more complicated previously because it was in the Middle East, they were controlling the rights. It was a bit of a mess, which we unfolded in the end. But this way is a lot simpler than previous discussions."

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury has now turned his attention to Joshua, and talks between the Britons’ teams have progressed quickly. Usyk, therefore, looks like he will need to find a different opponent for his next bout.

“Deontay Wilder,” the unbeaten southpaw told Ring magazine when asked whom he would like to box next.

“Wilder is a dangerous fighter, and that fight would most likely be in the United States.”

Usyk, 35, also said he would likely be ringside for Wilder’s upcoming fight against Robert Helenius in Brooklyn on 8 October.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk v wilder would be nice, although usyk will run rings around him it'll make for fairly funny viewing, and give usyk a win over a famous name, maybe even a ko too .. I think there's better opponents that are closer to fury's weight for him to fight in preparation though , probably Joyce.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again styles make fights and despite it being likely awful I would love to see usyk v wilder for the comedy value.

AJ has a new mindset? The same one we were told about for the usyk rematch?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

EDDIE HEARN fears Tyson Fury will face Manuel Charr next - despite Anthony Joshua fight talks "moving in the right direction".

AJ has had a contract to challenge for Fury's WBC title on December 3 at Cardiff since last Friday.

But his promoter Hearn revealed some parts of the deal where "all over the place" leading to revisions and further negotiations.

Fury, 34, has been getting itchy knuckles which comes as Lebanese-born German Charr, 37, claims to be fighting the Gypsy King instead of AJ.

Hearn is now left with the "gut feeling" that Joshua, 32, will miss out on the Battle of Britain bout as a result.

He told iFL TV: "I think Tyson Fury's fighting Manuel Charr, in all honesty. Like the more I think about it, the more I see stuff.

"We've all agreed to work hard on the contracts. Listen, we got the contract last Friday or Saturday and it was all over the place.

"Since then we've had talks as recently as yesterday getting it in the right place and just by his message, I dunno.

"I think they want us to run out of time a little bit and we're not just going to sign a contract that isn't in its correct format."

Hearn added that the financial split - of 64/40 in Fury's favour - is agreed but broadcasters are yet to come together.

A deal to share a joint pay-per-view between BT Sport and streaming service would need to be brokered.

Hearn has been leading talks with Frank Warren's son George and revealed they have been on the right track.

He said: "We're still moving forward hoping that fight gets done. Ourselves and Queensberry, it's been good.

"They've done nothing wrong, we've done nothing wrong.

"We got a contract that we didn't believe was in the right spirit of the deal and they almost accepted that and made changes.

"So, we're moving in the right direction."

Joshua was offered a shock fight with Fury despite twice losing to Oleksandr Usyk, 35, on the bounce.

But the Ukrainian ruled himself out of a unification until next year to rest and recover with loved ones having returned back to his war-torn home.

And it left Hearn saying: "My gut feeling is Tyson Fury is getting ready to fight Manuel Charr... but I hope I'm wrong."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19902...-joshua-fight/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Knew the fight would not happen.

Here’s an idea to Hearn and Warren : You boys are in your 40s (at least) so grow TF up and negotiate like proper men (in the pub or over a curry), get TF off instagram and twitter, stop making outlandish statements that rarely match reality and make a goddamn fight in private.

This has just been boring posturing from the jump. Now get ready for the "It's your fault" finger pointing from both camps. For me ? Hearn really doesn't want the fight because he thinks Joshua would lose.

And now Tyson says he'll fight Manuel Charr in Dec ? I mean - Charr would be good test for Fabio Wardley. That's all I really need to say about that.

Say what you want about Don King but he made the fights happen. I'm not a massive MMA fan. I watch it. But I'm not an MMA nerd like I am boxing. But you GOTTA respect UFC. They make the fights happen. Fury - AJ will be another one of the long list of fights over the past few yearrs that will happen but like Khan - Brook or Manny - Floyd. It'll happen 7 or 8 years too late when no one cares as much.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 09-24-2022 at 01:11 AM.

Thread Information