Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  43
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins Tyson Fury v AJ

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Fury Vs AJ - December 22

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury Vs AJ - December 22

Fury has no worry taking on usyk I'm December because he knows usyk is getting surgery and won't be in action this year.... The guys pretty good at boxing but hes always talked a load of bollocks.

Haye v fury would have been pretty interesting, I think Haye is a fair bit better than wilder and had the power and speed to match.. but fury has proven his toughness and he's just massive.. it would have been a good fight, I suspect Hayes body was too fragile by that time and that led him to ducking out twice...

Also don't forget fury ducked out of the Wladimir rematch because he took himself out of competition due to his pending drug ban.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye's little pinky toe, remember that, remember that. He would fold in 9 rounds against Tyson.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Haye's little pinky toe, remember that, remember that. He would fold in 9 rounds against Tyson.
    It wasn’t the toe that he cried off with against Fury.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    The point is that Haye was injury prone and would have lost be it by cut, stoppage or toe injury.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The point is that Haye was injury prone and would have lost be it by cut, stoppage or toe injury.
    up to that time, with the exception of Carl Thompson beating him. tell me one time when Haye had been beaten by cut, stoppage or toe injury.
    The Money grabbing disgraceful con man that took the piss by taking fights with Bellew when clearly injured is a far cry from the Haye that was due to fight Fury , who at the time had only ever fought for an IRISH Title.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 09-30-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

up to that time, with the exception of Carl Thompson beating him. tell me one time when Haye had been beaten by cut, stoppage or toe injury.
    The Money grabbing disgraceful con man that took the piss by taking fights with Bellew when clearly injured is a far cry from the Haye that was due to fight Fury , who at the time had only ever fought for an IRISH Title.
    Up to that point Wlad beat him because Haye's toe was hurting . Wlad was too big and co-ordinated for him and Fury would have been the same.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With the benefit of hindsight, it’s easy to say that Fury would have beaten him …. but back then Haye was a very athletic banger, who always really liked hurting people. Fury was big, but quite unfit, inexperienced and a light puncher who didn’t use his size and weight very well yet.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Up to that point Wlad beat him because Haye's toe was hurting . Wlad was too big and co-ordinated for him and Fury would have been the same.
    So true! Fury is even bigger than Wladimir, and has a much more aggressive style by using his heavyweight and wearing down his opponents. David would disintegrate a lot sooner against Tyson because of that.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    With the benefit of hindsight, it’s easy to say that Fury would have beaten him …. but back then Haye was a very athletic banger, who always really liked hurting people. Fury was big, but quite unfit, inexperienced and a light puncher who didn’t use his size and weight very well yet.
    ^^^^^^
    What this guy said. AT THE TIME, if Fury had won, it would’ve been the shock of the century!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So true! Fury is even bigger than Wladimir, and has a much more aggressive style by using his heavyweight and wearing down his opponents. David would disintegrate a lot sooner against Tyson because of that.
    He leans on them, just like Wlad. Watch Fury/Wlad then Joshua/Wlad and remind us again of Fury's "much more aggressive style".
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    ^^^^^^
    What this guy said. AT THE TIME, if Fury had won, it would’ve been the shock of the century!
    Haye was damaged goods after Wlad and had no credibility.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True Fury leans hard.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury lining up Andy Ruiz Jr bout on December 3 if Anthony Joshua contract not signed, reveals dad John

TYSON FURY is eyeing a December dust-up with Andy Ruiz if his Battle of Britain with Anthony Joshua fails to come to fruition.

Negotiations over the pair's long-awaited showdown are still ongoing - despite Fury claiming AJ had missed his Monday deadline.

Team Fury, however, have contingency plans in place for the WBC heavyweight champion's December 3 return - which includes a potential clash with Ruiz Jr.

Dad John revealed to The Daily Mail: "We're looking at other people.

"Look at Andy Ruiz, Luis Ortiz and Filip Hrgovic, or whoever wants to fight. It's a good business."

Former unified heavyweight champion Ruiz Jr revealed his desire to face Fury ahead of his decision victory over Luis Ortiz earlier this month.

He said: “I want to focus on four more years in boxing and give it all I’ve got, fight the top contenders.

“I hope and pray that Tyson Fury doesn’t retire because it would be an honour to fight him.

"It’s a bucket list fight. It would be a blessing to fight him."

Fury, 34, performed a U-turn on his Monday deadline to AJ on Thursday, saying: "My promoter Frank Warren convinced me to let Queensberry carry on negotiating with your team this week, despite me knowing that you were never going to do this fight.

So the deadline was Monday. "I allowed Frank to continue doing meetings with your team and your broadcasters and all that.

"Now we have BT, DAZN and ESPN all on the same page. They are happy with everything, they are all ready to rock and roll.

"You guys ask for a lot of stuff, you want to be co-promoters when you're a voluntary challenger.

"Guess what, I said give it them, let them be co-promoters.

"You wanted full transparency, even though you're not an equal shareholder in this party. You know what I said?

"Give them full transparency, I've got nothing to hide, I'm not trying to rob anybody, I've not robbed anybody of a penny in my life.

"So now you've got full transparency, everything is clean and fair.

"Now, Joshua, the ball is really in your court son."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19972...ight-december/

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whilst AJ could not agree the fight with Wilder, Fury comes out of nowhere and signs to face Wilder. No issues or worries
    You're at it again with this bullshit narrative. It was Wilder that couldn't or rather wouldn't agree to the Aj fight. We all know this. Anyone that buys into this idea that Fury came from nowhere and received and signed a contract from Wilder in 24hrs is an idiot. No doubt the same people that believe Fury Wilder 3 was done and dusted five minutes after AJ Fury was dead in the water.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Whilst AJ could not agree the fight with Wilder, Fury comes out of nowhere and signs to face Wilder. No issues or worries
    You're at it again with this bullshit narrative. It was Wilder that couldn't or rather wouldn't agree to the Aj fight. We all know this. Anyone that buys into this idea that Fury came from nowhere and received and signed a contract from Wilder in 24hrs is an idiot. No doubt the same people that believe Fury Wilder 3 was done and dusted five minutes after AJ Fury was dead in the water.
    Why are you obsessed with 24 hours? Never said it was.

All we can say with certainty is that Wilder fought Fury and not AJ. That would haver been for the undisputed title and I bet AJ regrets not making the fight happen.

Thread Information