Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  43
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins Tyson Fury v AJ

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury Vs AJ - December 22

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury Vs AJ - December 22

Tyson Fury pts. I'm guessing he reverts back to his Klitschko fight form and makes an ugly mess out of the fight. Neither of them will want to get knocked out in this all-British showdown... so earnest exchanges will be hard to come by.
    And believe me... if there is a fighter out there capable of making a fight into an ugly spectacle, it's Fury.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Tyson Fury pts. I'm guessing he reverts back to his Klitschko fight form and makes an ugly mess out of the fight. Neither of them will want to get knocked out in this all-British showdown... so earnest exchanges will be hard to come by.
    And believe me... if there is a fighter out there capable of making a fight into an ugly spectacle, it's Fury.
    With respect this is so off the mark. At some point they will come out swinging. There is genuine beef here but Joshua will also know that his best chance is to capitalise on Fury's arrogance and not rely on outpointing someone who hangs his chin out like forgotten laundry at times.

Fury's over estimates his own ability and it is puzzling how so many knowledgeable boxing fans are taken in by that. Styles make fights, and there is no denying his ability in negating Wlad in a technically great but aesthetically boring fight, but look at the contrast in the roller-coaster that was the Wlad / Joshua fight. Yes Fury is younger than Wlad was but also just as vulnerable to the kind of shots that troubled the big hugging Ukrainian.

Joshua does not have the greatest chin but it is not the glass jaw people are claiming either. He is not going to get anywhere being cautious against a spoiler like Fury, so has to throw the dice and swing for the rafters at some point. Fury is no Usyk and Wilder's utter novice like fundamentals made Fury look so much better than he is. Even so Wilder still caught him.

Can't wait.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is too good to be true for this fight to happen so quickly.

We have been waiting for ages and suddenly the fight may happen within months. Hopefully they will make the fight because they will be to embarrassed to be the one who pulls out of the fight first.

Bluffing and double bluffing has made the biggest boxing event for ages.
    Last edited by Master; 09-15-2022 at 05:10 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

have to say with a gun to my head I'd put my house on the fight not happening
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    With respect this is so off the mark. At some point they will come out swinging. There is genuine beef here but Joshua will also know that his best chance is to capitalise on Fury's arrogance and not rely on outpointing someone who hangs his chin out like forgotten laundry at times.

Fury's over estimates his own ability and it is puzzling how so many knowledgeable boxing fans are taken in by that. Styles make fights, and there is no denying his ability in negating Wlad in a technically great but aesthetically boring fight, but look at the contrast in the roller-coaster that was the Wlad / Joshua fight. Yes Fury is younger than Wlad was but also just as vulnerable to the kind of shots that troubled the big hugging Ukrainian.

Joshua does not have the greatest chin but it is not the glass jaw people are claiming either. He is not going to get anywhere being cautious against a spoiler like Fury, so has to throw the dice and swing for the rafters at some point. Fury is no Usyk and Wilder's utter novice like fundamentals made Fury look so much better than he is. Even so Wilder still caught him.

Can't wait.
    True it's off the mark, but Tyson overestimates his own ability? The guy is a fucking monster, granite chin, tough as nails, and proved he can SMOKE you the way he AXED Wilder in that 3rd fight. Monster power revealed right there, he knocked Wilder almost off his feet like Foreman lifted up Frazier. Nothing ANYWHERE showing any "overrating". He hangs his chin out cuz nobody can smoke 'im. Nothing puzzling about that, so if they are "knowledgeable boxing fans" as you admit, then maybe it's you who sees it askew.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

Can't wait.
    True it's off the mark, but Tyson overestimates his own ability? The guy is a fucking monster, granite chin, tough as nails, and proved he can SMOKE you the way he AXED Wilder in that 3rd fight. Monster power revealed right there, he knocked Wilder almost off his feet like Foreman lifted up Frazier. Nothing ANYWHERE showing any "overrating". He hangs his chin out cuz nobody can smoke 'im. Nothing puzzling about that, so if they are "knowledgeable boxing fans" as you admit, then maybe it's you who sees it askew.
    If someone as small as Cunnigham and as poor as Pajkic can put him on his arse, it shows that he does not have the granite chin he thinks he has. Part of it is the over rating of Widers power but even that put him down for an awful long ten count. Fury seriously thinks he is an all time great, if not the greatest, that is a serious over rating. He is not even the greatest in this generation. Don't forget we have watched him struggle against not great fighters from day one . McDermott hit him all night, he couldn't miss and should have been given the nod. Foreman would eat Fury alive and i think even Frazier would give him kittens. He really is not the monster he thinks he is. In 33 fights 9 of them have had to be by decision which puts his 23 KOs into perspective. Joshua has Ko'd 22 of the 24 he has beat and in a 27 fight pro run that is much closer to monster than Fury but no, Joshua is not a monster either. Tyson would have battered them both and Lewis would have done the same . They are not in the same league. Wilder has fought an awful lot of poor fighters but his KO rate is pretty monster.
    Last edited by Beanz; 09-15-2022 at 08:34 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury has great almost freakish powers of recovery. I will give you that. Getting up after Wilder poleaxed him inside 5 minutes let alone 10...ahem 11 seconds was almost Lazarus like. He has a good chin, nothing like as poor or g as someone like Price, (and much better stamina) who was as freakishly huge as Fury (check out some of his ko's) but I wouldn't call it granite. Joshua chin might not be as good but a lot of his problems seem to stem from lack of confidence when tagged which he seems to be getting on top of in one way, but struggling in others.

It makes for a fascinating fight. Joshua has good enough fundamentals to get inside and hurt Fury and the finishing skills to drop the big man and if Fury gets back up should be able to stifle any urge to panic and not fold.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury has great almost freakish powers of recovery. I will give you that. Getting up after Wilder poleaxed him inside 5 minutes let alone 10...ahem 11 seconds was almost Lazarus like. He has a good chin, nothing like as poor or g as someone like Price, (and much better stamina) who was as freakishly huge as Fury (check out some of his ko's) but I wouldn't call it granite. Joshua chin might not be as good but a lot of his problems seem to stem from lack of confidence when tagged which he seems to be getting on top of in one way, but struggling in others.

It makes for a fascinating fight. Joshua has good enough fundamentals to get inside and hurt Fury and the finishing skills to drop the big man and if Fury gets back up should be able to stifle any urge to panic and not fold.
    Excellent points and analyses

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't wait.

We'll agree that it's up to Joshua, really.

Yes... Fury has "freakish" powers of recovery. But my bet is he won't risk getting tagged clean by Joshua if he can help it, and will use any means necessary to accomplish just that. Granted... the Fury that fought Wilder was not typical Fury. I guess he felt he could easily outbox Wilder and as a result got tagged a few times. Against Joshua, being for the UK bragging rights and all that... I don't put Fury above getting down and dirty like he did against Wlad. So it's up to Joshua to force the issue. If he stays back and tries to outbox Fury... it'll be a boring fight and he'll lose. If he pushes the issue intelligently... he has that puncher's chance.

To be clear, I'd be rooting for Joshua in this one. I've never rated Fury as high as many on here, save for those "points-off-the-curve" victories against Wilder. I credit Fury for breaking that awful stalemate between Wilder and Joshua when many of us fans were ready to hang ourselves. I credit Fury for ending Wlad's mega-boring HW reign. Although I much better enjoyed the Joshua-Wlad fight than the Fury-Wlad fight. Also... Fury is maddeningly self-serving and plays too many games to suit my fancy. I'm ready for him to get KTFO'ed.

Regardless of the outcome of this fight... I'm still holding out for a Wilder-Joshua fight. It's a fight that by all means should have happened years ago.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Intense AJ is going to shock the world'

Anthony Joshua has adopted an intense mindset and is ready to shock the world after returning to training in preparation for his proposed fight with Tyson Fury, says gym-mate Richard Riakporhe.

It was announced on Tuesday that Joshua and his team had accepted all terms laid out by Fury in view of a blockbuster all-British showdown on December 3.

Joshua has wasted no time in getting back to the gym since losing to Oleksandr Usyk by split decision in their August 20 rematch as he seeks to reestablish himself among the division's belt-holders.

"It hasn't been long (since the Usyk fight) but I feel like you just need a few days off, I don't like to stay away from the gym for too long," cruiserweight world title contender Riakporhe told Sky Sports.

AJ accepts terms for Fury fight on December 3 | 'Both want the fight'Fury vs AJ: Will it finally happen?Martin wants redemption after KO win | 'I have a chance against Fury'
    "I feel like he's had a bit of a break anyway in between the first Usyk fight and the second, so he knows what he needs to do to improve and they've kind of come up with a system.

"If they continue to follow that system eventually he's going to be very successful because he's seen improvements from the first Usyk fight and the second.

"Eventually he's going to come away with a big win and it's going to shock the world in my opinion."

Riakporhe was pictured sparring with Joshua on Wednesday in a session he wishes could have been witnessed by fans such was the ferocity at which the pair approached it.

"In the gym he had very good spirits and there's a different focus, an intense kind of look in his eyes these days," added Riakporhe. "He seems really, really hungry and it's astonishing for me to see because of what this man has achieved so far.

"For him to come back into the gym like a week, two weeks after the fight and just ready to go again and accepting another fight which is tough, it shows what type of man he is and what type of cloth he is cut from.

"We sparred some heavy, heavy rounds, I promise you the public would have paid to see this. It was all guns blazing, nobody holding back and very exciting. It was really tough, this guy can hit hard and he's just in that mould.

"After he finished sparring I was exhausted, he jumped straight back in the ring and started to shadow box. You could just see that intense focus on his body language and his eyes.

"I don't know about Tyson, Tyson is one of those people that may say a few things for a bit of attention, but we're going to see if he's really serious about taking this fight."

As far as pressure goes, Riakporhe believes it is Fury who has the most riding on the fight having long insisted he would make light work of Joshua while eyeing a potential undisputed clash with Usyk in 2023.

The pair had been due to meet in August 2021 before an arbitration judge ruled that Deontay Wilder was entitled to a third fight against Fury.

"Joshua definitely does not have anything to lose in this fight," said Riakporhe. "When I saw the fight and the possibility of it being finalised, I was like 'take it, he should definitely take it'.

"When I saw the announcements I was like 'yes, that's exactly what the public want them to do' because he has absolutely nothing to lose.

"Whereas Fury is the champion, the Gypsy King and he's trying to uphold this image, this persona and he's been bantering AJ for a very very long time.

"I imagine if he jumped in the ring and loses against somebody he's been saying all types of different remarks about for many years, it's going to be embarrassing to an extent, so he's definitely got a lot of pressure, way more than AJ."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...910bcc17c535de

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua’s trainer Robert Garcia admits he would have liked him to have “two or three fights” before taking on Tyson Fury and has called for him to train in the USA ahead of the prospective heavyweight clash.

It was announced on Tuesday that Joshua and his team had accepted all terms laid out by Fury in view of a potential blockbuster all-British showdown on December 3.

Garcia was brought in to join Angel Fernandez as co-trainer ahead of the Oleksandr Usyk rematch, where he was beaten by split-decision in Saudi Arabia, with the American wary of Joshua making Fury his next opponent.

Fury vs Joshua: Will it finally happen?AJ accepts Fury's terms | 'Both want the fight'
    "Look, it's a huge fight, it's the biggest fight in the UK and it's a fight that actually needs to happen sooner rather than later," Garcia told iD Boxing. "Would I prefer it to happen two, three fights from now? Yes, but it's a big fight and it's a big business.

"His management team is very smart when it comes to negotiations and the final decisions, so they'll make the right decision. Me personally, I'm not a businessman, I'd rather him take two or three fights before anything huge.

"Anthony took the rematch with Usyk right away, when he could have easily taken two or three fights before that. He took it right away because he wants those challenges too.

"If this challenge is there and he wants to take it, he'll take it. He'll go out and train and we'll do our best job to go out there and win. The fight won't be easy but is it winnable? Yes, we could win that fight."

Joshua has wasted no time in getting back to the gym since losing to Usyk in August, while Garcia believes a pre-fight training camp in California would bolster his hopes in pursuit of regaining a heavyweight belt.

"I haven't talked to him [Joshua] about it [training in the USA], I talked to the management team," Garcia added. "They all said they would like that, but at the end of the day, it's going to be his decision.

"I think he would do so much better, honestly, training around Jesse Rodriguez, José Ramírez and all the young talent that I have. It's not only that he's going to train with them, he's going to compete with them. They're going to train together, they're going to push each other and they all want to be better than the other.

"I think that would help a lot - I would love that."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleksandr Usyk slams Tyson Fury over decision to fight Anthony Joshua instead

Tweeted a quote from Uysk, via an interview with Ring, when asked about the forthcoming ‘Battle of Britain’.

“I’m not p***ed off. The bigger problem is Fury is not letting fans see one of the best bouts in boxing history. That’s his fault. Not mine. From a sportsmanship standpoint, it’s not correct.”

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn has revealed that he intends to pencil in a December 17 date against an undisclosed opponent in case Anthony Joshua's proposed bout with Tyson Fury falls through. The pair are set to face each other on December 3 at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales with all personal terms being agreed upon by both parties.

But Hearn doesn't want to leave his fighter's future in the hands of Fury and has formulated a plan B to ensure AJ fights in December

"The good news is you could sell it out the night before, but also it's a huge fight. My biggest concern is - and what I won't allow to happen - I'm not having AJ not fighting in December because we made that decision for him to fight in December," Hearn told the Daily Star.

"I'm working on December 17 as well while we go because I can't put AJ's future in the hands of Tyson Fury. Whilst we will be as positive as we can, as helpful as we, I need to have Plan B up my sleeve because this might not happen.

"In terms of a timeframe, we need to by the end of the week be in a position where we're going backwards and forwards on the contract. The broadcasters need to have their discussions - DAZN and BT - which I don't think will be a problem.

"It's actually not that complicated. It was more complicated previously because it was in the Middle East, they were controlling the rights. It was a bit of a mess, which we unfolded in the end. But this way is a lot simpler than previous discussions."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury has now turned his attention to Joshua, and talks between the Britons’ teams have progressed quickly. Usyk, therefore, looks like he will need to find a different opponent for his next bout.

“Deontay Wilder,” the unbeaten southpaw told Ring magazine when asked whom he would like to box next.

“Wilder is a dangerous fighter, and that fight would most likely be in the United States.”

Usyk, 35, also said he would likely be ringside for Wilder’s upcoming fight against Robert Helenius in Brooklyn on 8 October.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk v wilder would be nice, although usyk will run rings around him it'll make for fairly funny viewing, and give usyk a win over a famous name, maybe even a ko too .. I think there's better opponents that are closer to fury's weight for him to fight in preparation though , probably Joyce.

Thread Information